An Art Gallery for the Blind?

Nothing wrong with an art gallery for the blind, even with taxpayers dollars. Ever see some of the government expenditures in grants etc :lol: hard to believe they give money for some of this nonsense.

Seriously, when they do build that art gallery,

I can't wait for the GYN exhibit. :D

Last edited:
While getting a Coke at a McDonalds drive through, I saw a sign beneath the menu saying that they had Braille menus for blind customers.

If you're blind, you really shouldn't be driving. :lol:

(And, if you're a passenger, have the driver read the menu.)

consider this...legally blind people many times have limited vision...

why are conservatives always against art? or the outcry...dont use my taxpayers money....too bad we dont feel that way when funding wars.

I'm not "against art" But I don't want my tax dollars paying for some nitwit to shit in a jar and call it art. If a so called or self called artist can produce something the public wants and make a living off the profits then good for him. I do not see that I have to finance him.

Sorry but I don't like the ridiculous idea that all public buildings have to have art in them at our expense.

My idea of a well appointed government office is a warehouse with a concrete floor filled with cubicles. That's good enough for the bureaucrats as far as I'm concerned.

Art for the Blind

It seems like there are private groups that are geared toward art for the blind; the National Federation for the Blind, and the American Council for the Blind. Any bets on if those groups lobbied Grayson for these funds?

On a slightly related note, for the FY2010 budget the National Endowment for the Arts requested $161.3m, up from $155m last year.
National Endowment for the Arts' 2010 Budget Submitted to Congress

An art gallery for the blind is a lovely idea - as long as it is sponsored by private donations.

Forum List

Back