An arab tv show on Israel TV .. about as honest as you can get

Dr. Wafa Sultan, Human Rights Activist, Among "Time magazine's 100 heroes and pioneers whose power, talent or moral example is transforming our world"Wafa Sultan - The 2006 TIME 100 - TIME.

Israel - The One And The Only Free Democratic Country In The Entire Middle East.
I believe that any nation that grants equal opportunity to every citizen, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, or gender, thereby, establishes its moral legitimacy. According to this principle, Israel stands alone in the Middle East region, as a nation with moral legitimacy: it grants all citizens equal rights for men and women alike, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech and of the press. Not a single Arab or Muslim country in the surrounding region does the same. Nor do any of those Arab and Muslim nations allow their citizens personal freedom, or the right to maintain and express opposing points of view.

These essential qualities of life provide oxygen for the human soul; they are the kind of basic nourishment that is desperately missing in all of Israel's Muslim neighbors. Yet, the so-called humanitarian aid organizations at the United Nations direct all their energy to act against anything and everything Israel does. Let me ask: as every human being deserves to live in dignity, why has an enormous unbalanced portion of global aid gone mostly to Palestinians, while millions of underprivileged people all over the world suffer genuine, life-threatening deprivation? Here is why: The United Nations time and again focuses its power on the perpetual manufacturing of false anti-Israel accusations. Painting Palestinians as perennial underdogs provides the perfect cover for their subversive effort. Without doubt, this trend encourages hatred and violence against the Jewish people in Israel and everywhere else. And that is exactly its point.

A Palestinian women's organization reported that Muslim men perpetrate some 40 honor killings annually in the West Bank alone, not including the vast majority of honor killing and abuse of women that go unreported -- as Islamic society maintains secrecy in upholding the popular belief that those "cursed with a sin, [should] hide it."

According to recent face-to-face surveys by prominent international pollsters, more Palestinians in East Jerusalem would prefer to be citizens of Israel than citizens of a new Palestinian state -- and 40% would probably or definitely move to avoid Palestinian rule.

Those who love liberty and life will strengthen their ties and warm relations with Israel, and stand with her. Israel will continue to shine its light among all nations.

The United Nations and Human Rights Abuse | EuropeNews

Crematorium CEO: We knew haredi terror would get us - Israel News, Ynetnews

Crematorium CEO: Odor complaints psychological Alei Shalechet CEO Alon Nativ attributed the residents’ complaints to psychology and "an active imagination.”

Nativ said the facility emitted no odors, as the burning process took place in a sealed apparatus.
“I wonder why the Environmental Protection Ministry has yet to receive any complaints on the facility,” Nativ said, questioning the veracity of the resident's complaints.
The Alei Shalechet CEO said that while he understood the religious sector’s sensitivity to the issue, the facility received all the necessary authorizations to operate and he does not intend to succumb to “coercion”.
“We purposely set up the facility over half a mile from any residential area so as not to shove it in anyone's face. We didn't found this place to pick a fight with anyone, we are providing a service to people who choose this (to be cremated) of their own free will - but we knew that the haredi terror would eventually get us,’ he said.
As for the comparison some have made between him and the Nazis, Nativ said, “More than 20 percent of the people who turn to us are Holocaust survivors. Those who compare us to the Nazis are fools.
“Many prominent Jewish figures chose to be cremated after their death, including Albert Einstein, Milton Friedman and Arthur Rubinstein,” he said. "Personally, I believe it is wrong to worship a stone, and I don't want my children to worship one.

"I wish to be cremated after my death and have my ashes scattered in the wind and every year on my birthday, my family will come together, raise their glasses as one, remember that life is beautiful and move on. That is my message.
"

Neta Sela contributed to this report
Oh holy art thou, to burn down a crematorium. Now you were saying that Israel is a perfect model of a 'secular' country, give me a break, that's just as bad as burning down abortion clinics. Something is wrong also when the govt tries to pass a bill banning people from being cremated and forcing them to go overseas to do it (to preserve the 'so-called' divine rights of Jews, never mind that Jews (including holocaust survivors) and non Jews alike whish to be cremated (they don't deserve rights to their own body according to the Israeli govt): Minister seeks to outlaw Israeli crematorium - Israel News, Ynetnews

Come back, when Israel treats all its citizens with respect and justice, rather than giving special status in law to Jewish fundamentalists, and violating the rights of all other religious and non religious groups in Israel.

As for the Torah, just like the bible its a lovely advocate of mass genocide, persecution of homosexuals, and brutal mass slaughter: http://www.evilbible.com/evils%20of%20the%20torah.htm

Numbers 16:35 God killed 250 Levite princes who disagreed with Moses’ leadership. He was so bloodthirsty that he wanted to slay more until he was talked out of it. Later he put a plague upon 14,700 Jews who thought there was something wrong in killing 250 princes.
Numbers 31:17-18 God commands Moses to kill all the Medianite people including children and women. To top it off he commands that the virgins be saved for later raping by Moses’ soldiers.
Deuteronomy 3:3-7 God ordered Moses’ army to “utterly destroy” 60 cities, killing all the women and children within!
Deuteronomy 7:12 God ordered the Israelites to kill all the people of seven nations. He even adds, “show no mercy unto them”.
Deuteronomy 20:16 God orders that we kill everything that breathes in the cities that he gives us for an inheritance
A bastard can’t attend church “even to his tenth generation.” As if denying an innocent child rights to worship isn’t cruel. Deuteronomy 23:2
The best one is where god murders 14,700 Jews for thinking that murder is wrong, a real loving god don't you think?

Last edited:

Crematorium CEO: Odor complaints psychological Alei Shalechet CEO Alon Nativ attributed the residents’ complaints to psychology and "an active imagination.”

Nativ said the facility emitted no odors, as the burning process took place in a sealed apparatus.
“I wonder why the Environmental Protection Ministry has yet to receive any complaints on the facility,” Nativ said, questioning the veracity of the resident's complaints.
The Alei Shalechet CEO said that while he understood the religious sector’s sensitivity to the issue, the facility received all the necessary authorizations to operate and he does not intend to succumb to “coercion”.
“We purposely set up the facility over half a mile from any residential area so as not to shove it in anyone's face. We didn't found this place to pick a fight with anyone, we are providing a service to people who choose this (to be cremated) of their own free will - but we knew that the haredi terror would eventually get us,’ he said.
As for the comparison some have made between him and the Nazis, Nativ said, “More than 20 percent of the people who turn to us are Holocaust survivors. Those who compare us to the Nazis are fools.
“Many prominent Jewish figures chose to be cremated after their death, including Albert Einstein, Milton Friedman and Arthur Rubinstein,” he said. "Personally, I believe it is wrong to worship a stone, and I don't want my children to worship one.

"I wish to be cremated after my death and have my ashes scattered in the wind and every year on my birthday, my family will come together, raise their glasses as one, remember that life is beautiful and move on. That is my message."

Oh holy art thou, to burn down a crematorium. Now you were saying that Israel is a perfect model of a 'secular' country, give me a break, that's just as bad as burning down abortion clinics. Something is wrong also when the govt tries to pass a bill banning people from being cremated and forcing them to go overseas to do it (to preserve the 'so-called' divine rights of Jews, never mind that Jews (including holocaust survivors) and non Jews alike whish to be cremated (they don't deserve rights to their own body according to the Israeli govt): Minister seeks to outlaw Israeli crematorium - Israel News, Ynetnews

Come back, when Israel treats all its citizens with respect and justice, rather than giving special status in law to Jewish fundamentalists, and violating the rights of all other religious and non religious groups in Israel.

You're still stuck on stupid.

Washington Post: Israel's Example
NO ONE would say that Israel is soft on terrorism, which makes it all the more fascinating that a country that essentially lives under siege provides so many legal accommodations to those it detains as unlawful combatants. It's a stark contrast to the Bush administration's approach and one the administration may be able to learn from.

In Israel, even noncitizens captured outside the country and designated unlawful combatants are entitled to due process in Israeli civilian courts. They are guaranteed judicial review of their detention within 14 days of capture. They are guaranteed the services of a lawyer no later than 34 days after capture. And they are guaranteed a review of their detention by an Israeli district court judge every six months thereafter. If an unlawful combatant is captured in the occupied territories of the West Bank, the case proceeds through Israeli military courts, with similar guarantees of judicial review and legal representation.

The Israeli system is not without critics. Advocates of civil liberties there point to procedures that allow a judge to review evidence introduced by the government that the defense has not seen or been allowed to rebut. And detainee advocates, such as the Israeli group HaMoked, suggest that the government enjoys an overwhelming advantage, as evidenced by the relatively few detentions that have been forbidden by judges. According to its Web site, the group challenged 142 detentions in 2004; 11 of those challenges prevailed.

Nothing in the Israeli system prevents a lengthy and potentially indefinite detention of an enemy combatant. But unlike the state of play in the United States, the Israeli Supreme Court has ruled that these combatants can be held only so long as the state can prove they are an imminent danger. If the state fails to make that case, the detainees must be released. According to the Israeli law professors, these safeguards have not clogged the nation's courts -- or prevented Israeli security forces from defending the country.

Israel's Example

"I wish to be cremated after my death and have my ashes scattered in the wind and every year on my birthday, my family will come together, raise their glasses as one, remember that life is beautiful and move on. That is my message."

NO ONE would say that Israel is soft on terrorism, which makes it all the more fascinating that a country that essentially lives under siege provides so many legal accommodations to those it detains as unlawful combatants. It's a stark contrast to the Bush administration's approach and one the administration may be able to learn from.

In Israel, even noncitizens captured outside the country and designated unlawful combatants are entitled to due process in Israeli civilian courts. They are guaranteed judicial review of their detention within 14 days of capture. They are guaranteed the services of a lawyer no later than 34 days after capture. And they are guaranteed a review of their detention by an Israeli district court judge every six months thereafter. If an unlawful combatant is captured in the occupied territories of the West Bank, the case proceeds through Israeli military courts, with similar guarantees of judicial review and legal representation.

The Israeli system is not without critics. Advocates of civil liberties there point to procedures that allow a judge to review evidence introduced by the government that the defense has not seen or been allowed to rebut. And detainee advocates, such as the Israeli group HaMoked, suggest that the government enjoys an overwhelming advantage, as evidenced by the relatively few detentions that have been forbidden by judges. According to its Web site, the group challenged 142 detentions in 2004; 11 of those challenges prevailed.

Nothing in the Israeli system prevents a lengthy and potentially indefinite detention of an enemy combatant. But unlike the state of play in the United States, the Israeli Supreme Court has ruled that these combatants can be held only so long as the state can prove they are an imminent danger. If the state fails to make that case, the detainees must be released. According to the Israeli law professors, these safeguards have not clogged the nation's courts -- or prevented Israeli security forces from defending the country.

Israel's Example
Which has nothing whatever to do with what I posted above, being a case of Israeli citizens committing arson on religious grounds, not terrorism. :cuckoo:
Israel's only crematorium to re-open Matthew Wagner
10/28/2007 08:55

Just months after a religiously motivated arson attack destroyed Israel's only crematorium, the Aley Shalechet Funeral Home announced Sunday that in the coming month it would import a new machine to be installed at a secret location. "We don't plan to give in to violence or threats," said Alon Nativ, owner and manager of Aley Shalechet (Autumn Leaves). "But we also do not want to reveal the location of the new crematorium out of fear that once again someone will attempt to take the law into his own hands." Nativ said the damage done to the crematorium was too extensive to justify fixing. In August, unidentified arsonists torched Nativ's crematorium, which was located on Moshav Chibat Zion, a community with a high percentage of religious residents. Since then his crematorium business has been suspended. Yehuda Meshi Zahav, head of ZAKA, an organization that specializes in identifying, collecting and bringing to burial victims of terrorist attacks and car accidents, praised the arsons. "I did not burn down that disgusting thing, but I admit that I am happy somebody did," he told The Jerusalem Post after the arson attack. Meshi-Zahav was known in the 1980s for spearheading aggressive, often violent, demonstrations against perceived secular encroachment on haredi sensibilities. ...Nevertheless, Nativ said, several of Aley Shalechet's clients are Holocaust survivors. Although Shas, a Sephardi haredi party that is a member of the government coalition, has drafted legislation that would prohibit cremations in Israel, the bill has not yet been passed. At the same time, cremations are not recognized by the National Insurance Institute as a legitimate form of burial. As a result, Israeli citizens who choose cremation are not entitled to state funding. In Western countries, cremation is a popular form of burial. According to data provided by Aley Shalechet, a quarter of those who pass away in the US opt for cremations, as do 45 percent in Canada and 68% in Holland and Great Britain. In Japan, almost all deceased are cremated. Nativ said he has hundreds of clients who have opted for cremation.
Israel's only crematorium to re-open - JPost - Israel
Is it right that businesses owners have to live in fear from religious fundamentalist Jews destroying their property?

Last edited:

Which has nothing whatever to do with what I posted above, being a case of Israeli citizens committing arson on religious grounds, not terrorism. :cuckoo:

Just months after a religiously motivated arson attack destroyed Israel's only crematorium, the Aley Shalechet Funeral Home announced Sunday that in the coming month it would import a new machine to be installed at a secret location. "We don't plan to give in to violence or threats," said Alon Nativ, owner and manager of Aley Shalechet (Autumn Leaves). "But we also do not want to reveal the location of the new crematorium out of fear that once again someone will attempt to take the law into his own hands." Nativ said the damage done to the crematorium was too extensive to justify fixing. In August, unidentified arsonists torched Nativ's crematorium, which was located on Moshav Chibat Zion, a community with a high percentage of religious residents. Since then his crematorium business has been suspended. Yehuda Meshi Zahav, head of ZAKA, an organization that specializes in identifying, collecting and bringing to burial victims of terrorist attacks and car accidents, praised the arsons. "I did not burn down that disgusting thing, but I admit that I am happy somebody did," he told The Jerusalem Post after the arson attack. Meshi-Zahav was known in the 1980s for spearheading aggressive, often violent, demonstrations against perceived secular encroachment on haredi sensibilities. ...Nevertheless, Nativ said, several of Aley Shalechet's clients are Holocaust survivors. Although Shas, a Sephardi haredi party that is a member of the government coalition, has drafted legislation that would prohibit cremations in Israel, the bill has not yet been passed. At the same time, cremations are not recognized by the National Insurance Institute as a legitimate form of burial. As a result, Israeli citizens who choose cremation are not entitled to state funding. In Western countries, cremation is a popular form of burial. According to data provided by Aley Shalechet, a quarter of those who pass away in the US opt for cremations, as do 45 percent in Canada and 68% in Holland and Great Britain. In Japan, almost all deceased are cremated. Nativ said he has hundreds of clients who have opted for cremation.

The Editorial Board of the Washington Post, arguably, the most influential newspaper in America, holds Israel up as a model of democracy for America.

Maybe, you ought to spend more time improving the US and less on Israel. You'd certainly look like less of a kook Just saying

The Editorial Board of the Washington Post, arguably, the most influential newspaper in America, holds Israel up as a model of democracy for America.

Maybe, you ought to spend more time improving the US and less on Israel.
You'd certainly look like less of a kook Just saying
Have you even bothered to read where I actually live? :cuckoo:

Israel would be a great improvement on America I would have to agree, but even Israel has a long way to go. The only 'kooks' are those that support the status quo. :tongue:

Last edited:

Israel would be a great improvement on America I would have to agree, but even Israel has a long way to go. The only 'kooks' are those that support the status quo. :tongue:

There are nearly 30 Arab and 60 Islamic non-secular countries. Maybe, your time would be better spent ruminating on them.

Israel is doing just fine without you so no worries.

There are nearly 30 Arab and 60 Islamic non-secular countries. Maybe, your time would be better spent ruminating on them.

I spend most of my time ruminating on them, but I find the time to ruminate on every other nation in the world as well.

I spend most of my time ruminating on them, but I find the time to ruminate on every other nation in the world as well.

Maybe, professional counseling is in order. Ya think?

Pills only serve the pharmaceutical industry, and perhaps I should have put a [sarcasm] notice there. I think I have better things to do with my time.

Pills only serve the pharmaceutical industry, and perhaps I should have put a [sarcasm] notice there. I think I have better things to do with my time.

Maybe, both you and "Baruch Menachem" can go to psychological counseling together and receive a special rate. He's even more disturbed than you.

Forum List

Back