an AR15 that comes in the mail

abrere

May 28, 2018
finishing an AR 80% lower - YouTube

other parts are mailable to anyone, as only the lower receive is a "firearm" under federal law. it's the only part that has to be serial-numbered.

AR15 parts kits - YouTube

You can use a money order in any name to buy these parts, If you pay the extra money for "next day delivery", you can be standing any place, and sign any name, when the stuff shows up in the brown truck.

Reloading components and .22lr ammo come in the mail, too, folks. If you 'think" that there isn't a million AR15's that big bro doesn't know about, you're woefully ignorant.

Unless you are a pretty good machinist it is hard to finish an 80% AR lower.

I am an engineer and not a klutz with tools and it took me several tries before I got one right using a drill press. A milling machine would have been easier.

With the cost of AR lowers being $40 it is hardly worthwhile to make your own. You will wind up spending several multiples of that to get an usable one.

If you are looking for an untraceable AR lower then you can always get one from a private seller.

It is legal to have a homemade lower but the disadvantage of having an unmarked AR lower is that you can't really legally sell it if you chose to get rid of it.

3d printable lowers.
You mean a metal-printing machine? Haven't seen any for less than tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I guess you can machine the lower, but the money for the machinery and the skill to acquire them would be almost insurmountable compared to "moving" to a different state, buying a gun as a resident, and "moving" back.

I am an engineer and not a klutz with tools and it took me several tries before I got one right using a drill press. A milling machine would have been easier.

With the cost of AR lowers being $40 it is hardly worthwhile to make your own. You will wind up spending several multiples of that to get an usable one.

If you are looking for an untraceable AR lower then you can always get one from a private seller.

It is legal to have a homemade lower but the disadvantage of having an unmarked AR lower is that you can't really legally sell it if you chose to get rid of it.
Yeah an untraceable AR-15 is essential for home defense

Is it necessary for you to have access to usmessageboard.com? If it's not essential to your life, it should be illegal and you should get 100 years in prison for it.

Is it necessary for you to have access to usmessageboard.com? If it's not essential to your life, it should be illegal and you should get 100 years in prison for it.
Is USMB a tool to kill? Damn, it should be taken down then.

To me there is no advantage to having an "untraceable" AR lower. I don't use firearms for crimes.

I just made my own personal gun for the entertainment of doing it. I had it engraved to be a Mattel Firearms Company production firearm. I get lots of comments on it.

If I wanted to commit a crime with a gun there are many other easier ways of getting one without having to buy a 80% and then mill it out.

If you want to know how to get an illegal or untraceable gun just ask anyone of the dozens of people in Chicago that commit crimes with stolen or illegal guns every night.

3d printable lowers.
You mean a metal-printing machine? Haven't seen any for less than tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I guess you can machine the lower, but the money for the machinery and the skill to acquire them would be almost insurmountable compared to "moving" to a different state, buying a gun as a resident, and "moving" back.

Lowers can be plastic polymer...not the most accurate due to flex...but useable. We have a built New Frontier and an AR1 eXtreme (unbuilt) poly lower.

To me there is no advantage to having an "untraceable" AR lower. I don't use firearms for crimes.

I just made my own personal gun for the entertainment of doing it. I had it engraved to be a Mattel Firearms Company production firearm. I get lots of comments on it.

If I wanted to commit a crime with a gun there are many other easier ways of getting one without having to buy a 80% and then mill it out.

If you want to know how to get an illegal or untraceable gun just ask anyone of the dozens of people in Chicago that commit crimes with stolen or illegal guns every night.
Yes, it’s incredibly easy to get a gun illegally here in the U.S.

Is USMB a tool to kill? Damn, it should be taken down then.
You can certainly use a computer to bludgeon someone to death. As an owner of a tool to kill, I think you should get 100-200 years in prison.

Agreed...although that color coded poly 80%er was intriguing. Unfortunately it is no longer available.

EP Armory Forfeits 3,800 80% Polymer Lowers Feds Called Illegal

3d printable lowers.

Lowers can be plastic polymer...not the most accurate due to flex...but useable. We have a built New Frontier and an AR1 eXtreme (unbuilt) poly lower.
What sort of polymer and printed with what? How many rounds can it handle before it breaks?

3d printable lowers.

What sort of polymer and printed with what? How many rounds can it handle before it breaks?

Thousands. The lower receiver isn't under any explosive pressure. The upper receiver, bolt carrier group, chamber and barrel do all the heavy lifting. Mine are commercial injection molded...but cheap printed models have survived hundreds of rounds. As more flexible printing medium becomes available, longer lasting printed lowers will be common place. At some point law will catch up to technology and a more load bearing component of poly firearms will become the serialized technical "firearm" I suspect...

Yes, it’s incredibly easy to get a gun illegally here in the U.S.

..and that is why gun control and background checks don't work. Just makes the stupid Liberals feel good at the expense of our Constitutional rights.

Agreed...although that color coded poly 80%er was intriguing. Unfortunately it is no longer available.

EP Armory Forfeits 3,800 80% Polymer Lowers Feds Called Illegal

After buying the jig kit and a few to practice on before getting it right I probably spent $500 for my first completed and usable 80% lower. I could have bought ten stripped lowers for that amount of money.

3d printable lowers.

Thousands. The lower receiver isn't under any explosive pressure. The upper receiver, bolt carrier group, chamber and barrel do all the heavy lifting. Mine are commercial injection molded...but cheap printed models have survived hundreds of rounds. As more flexible printing medium becomes available, longer lasting printed lowers will be common place. At some point law will catch up to technology and a more load bearing component of poly firearms will become the serialized technical "firearm" I suspect...

As a range officer I see all kinds of ARs. I have seen several of the polymer lowers break near the buffer tube. That is the weak point because of the pounding. Some of the polymers nowadays have brass shavings in them and that helps a little bit.

I would never trust one for anything other than a .22.

Forum List

Back