An apple blossom is NOT an apple - A fertilized egg or embryo is NOT "a baby"

Human development always tends to be a political tap dance. We need to establish a time that a human being is actually a human being. Is it at conception? Is it at a different time? If we could agree on a time then the abortion issue could be once and forever resolved. Abortions would be considered legal from such and such a time and after that time considered to be illegal as a protection to the unborn baby. However, due to the political hot potato this issue has created it will never happen. Abortion will always be a spear that is thrown by those that agree to the procedure and by those that find the procedure appalling. Doesn't seem to be any room for compromise.

They can establish whatever timeline they want.... it will not stop Catholics (and many other churches) from taking the stance that life begins at conception. To many of us, it's not about a legal definition, it's a moral one. And, in my belief system, life begins at conception... what happens to that life, once created, is for God, not man, to decide.

So if it is c-sectioned out at 9 weeks in that same vein wont god be the one who "saves" it? Is it not gods choice to allow it to live or die?

Human development always tends to be a political tap dance. We need to establish a time that a human being is actually a human being. Is it at conception? Is it at a different time? If we could agree on a time then the abortion issue could be once and forever resolved. Abortions would be considered legal from such and such a time and after that time considered to be illegal as a protection to the unborn baby. However, due to the political hot potato this issue has created it will never happen. Abortion will always be a spear that is thrown by those that agree to the procedure and by those that find the procedure appalling. Doesn't seem to be any room for compromise.

They can establish whatever timeline they want.... it will not stop Catholics (and many other churches) from taking the stance that life begins at conception. To many of us, it's not about a legal definition, it's a moral one. And, in my belief system, life begins at conception... what happens to that life, once created, is for God, not man, to decide.

So if it is c-sectioned out at 9 weeks in that same vein wont god be the one who "saves" it? Is it not gods choice to allow it to live or die?

"Typically" C-section implies "delivery" (medical staff attempting to save life, no matter what age), where "abortion" implies "terminating" (medical staff attempt to end life). There have been "some" miracles when it comes to abortion. The Lord doesn't usually interfere with "free will" (that would be to terminate "life").

* Terminate pregnancy that would result in a child born with a congenital disorder that would be fatal or associated with significant morbidity.....

As someone who fit this description, I'm kind of happy that you were not one of my parents, FreeWorld.

I have a large and very obvious birth defect that the medical professionals suggested to my parents meant that there was a very high probability that I would need extensive 24/7 care for my entire life, whatever length of it there was. My parents chose not to even consider terminating the pregnancy. I'm very fortunate. I'm probably in the top 5-10% of all Sturge-Weber patients when it comes to my education, lifestyle, and professional life. I hold a degree in a technological field and work in that field. All thanks to the fact that my parents decided NOT to take the easy way out.

I don't know what 'church' the OP refers to in its babble, but it cannot be the Catholic Church, because the Catholic Church considers a baby to be a baby from conception.

If you have all the parts of a car that was designed for a particular car but not fully assembled is that not still a car?

If there are no apple blossoms would there be any apples ?

It's a process of life one of many, if you kill the process you kill what ?

Forum List

Back