An American Hero

I figured he wouldn't reply.

He would have had to say no thus blowing his argument out of the water.

Personally, I have a lot of respect for Nader. I believe he played a big part in in Seat-Belt Legislation.

Nader lied about the Corvair! He rigged the car to flip on film for personal gain. He used that to launch a carrer that took other cars off the road that were safe and robbed people to make their own choices. He built on the idea that we are too stupid to make good decisions for ourselves.
He took away the right to choose.... He was not a good man. he was a politician with an agenda to rob people of their right to choose for themselves and to protect them from bad decisions that they were not allowed to make.

So... do you let your kids not buckle their seatbelts? :confused::confused::confused:

Did you use seatbelts as a child?

Never, never.:dunno:

Nader did some great things and should be applauded for them. I know he couldn't have known what evil he would help bring upon the world when he helped Bush Jr. get elected but whether he deserves it or not, that is how many will remember him.

Especially because he ran AGAIN after that. It's very hard to forgive him for it.

There is nothing to forgive.

Nader had a right to run and he did.

The nation that let Bush get close enough to steal the election in 2000 was a bad nation.

The nation that re elected a war mongering degenerate scum in 2004 is getting the screwing it deserves right now. That tickles the hell out of me.

Ralph Nader is not a hero, heroes are people who risk their lives to help others, all he did is make a lot of noise about things no one in the universe actually cares about. He had absolutely nothing to do with making anything safer, and he certainly had nothing to do with air bags or seat belts.

Making safety part of our consciousness is hardly nothing. He let us know we didn't have to just accept anything Detroit had to offer. When manufacturers are all doing the same thing, where's the choice? Look what they did to Tucker when he tried to change the way cars were made.

Was I unclear? Nader did nothing to make anything safer, he made up stories to scare people, and capitalized on that fear to make a name for himself. If you think that raises awareness about safety you are more than welcome to your opinion, I think it actually makes people less concerned about it because they end up thinking that other people are protecting them from stupid dangers.

You were very clear, but also very wrong. Why wouldn't raising awareness about safety have an effect? You're going to have to do a much better job at explaining your position. Your notion that that would make people less concerned is cynical and proves nothing, since it's just an opinion.

Nader lied about the Corvair! He rigged the car to flip on film for personal gain. He used that to launch a carrer that took other cars off the road that were safe and robbed people to make their own choices. He built on the idea that we are too stupid to make good decisions for ourselves.
He took away the right to choose.... He was not a good man. he was a politician with an agenda to rob people of their right to choose for themselves and to protect them from bad decisions that they were not allowed to make.

So... do you let your kids not buckle their seatbelts? :confused::confused::confused:

Did you use seatbelts as a child?

I posted this question earlier but for some reason, unexplained to me, it was removed.

There is nothing uncivil about the question.

Yes I used seatbelts as a child.

Making safety part of our consciousness is hardly nothing. He let us know we didn't have to just accept anything Detroit had to offer. When manufacturers are all doing the same thing, where's the choice? Look what they did to Tucker when he tried to change the way cars were made.

Was I unclear? Nader did nothing to make anything safer, he made up stories to scare people, and capitalized on that fear to make a name for himself. If you think that raises awareness about safety you are more than welcome to your opinion, I think it actually makes people less concerned about it because they end up thinking that other people are protecting them from stupid dangers.

You were very clear, but also very wrong. Why wouldn't raising awareness about safety have an effect? You're going to have to do a much better job at explaining your position. Your notion that that would make people less concerned is cynical and proves nothing, since it's just an opinion.

Being cynical does not make me wrong.

Certainly doesn't make you right either. So far we've seen no evidence that you are right. Evidence that you're wrong is plentiful, as safety regulations established since the start of Nader's career will attest.

Certainly doesn't make you right either. So far we've seen no evidence that you are right. Evidence that you're wrong is plentiful, as safety regulations established since the start of Nader's career will attest.

You have evidence that Nader did not exaggerate the dangers? That he was not out to make a quick buck?

You have evidence that Nader did not exaggerate the dangers? That he was not out to make a quick buck?

That's not my point. I was addressing your contention that he had no effect on safety legislation.

"He(Nader) had absolutely nothing to do with making anything safer, and he certainly had nothing to do with air bags or seat belts."

Exaggeration doesn't preclude effectiveness and Nader is well known for living like a monk, so your protest FAILS on both counts. Try again.

Forum List

Back