An American hero passes

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
'Aloha': Sen. Daniel Inouye of Hawaii dies at 88 - NBC Politics

Born to working class parents, Hyotaro, a jewelry clerk, and Kame, a homemaker, Inouye dreamed of being a doctor, according to the Washington Post, plans that were sidelined by the war. He was a second-generation Japanese-American, or nisei, and he wrote that it pained him that those who dropped bombs on Hawaii looked like him.

Inouye was 17 when he enlisted in the U.S. Army and served with the 442 Regimental Combat Team, according to a statement on his website. He lost part of his right arm while he was charging a series of machine gun nests in San Terenzo, Italy.

"I looked at it, stunned and disbelieving. It dangled there by a few bloody shreds of tissue, my grenade still clenched in a fist that suddenly didn't belong to me anymore," Inouye wrote in his 1967 autobiography, "Journey to Washington," according to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.

After the war, he was nominated for the Medal of Honor but did not receive it. President Bill Clinton later bestowed the honor on him and 21 other Japanese-Americans for their courage during World War II, according to the Star-Advertiser.

Last edited:
  • Banned
he had already been shot in the stomack and continued to lead his men into battle when his arm was injured.

He then continued to lead his men until they won the battle.

A Hero of a human being

• Banned
gee I spelled it like I do everything by sound.

Now do you have ANY praise for this dead American Hero?

What's more upsetting besides the senators passing is your command of the English language, assbrain

Sen. Daniel Inouye was a great American patriot and a genuine war hero.

That being said; I have a question for TM

Would you still have started a thread in honor of Sen. Inouye if he was a life long Republican and not a Democrat?

Notice how TM has abandoned this thread she started when the questions outed her as a fraud.

She is now posting on another Sen. Inouye thread.

What a totally dishonest political hack.......... :cool:

Would you still have started a thread in honor of Sen. Inouye if he was a life long Republican and not a Democrat?

if they had that kind of a war record YES

if they had that kind of a war record YES

Really? Now you're qualifying it? But you just said this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Truthmatters
I have praised their war records in the past.

Lying asswipe.

Forum List

Back