An amazingly small giant leap into quantum computing

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Sorry for that messed up thread headline, but I have been reading a good book addressing this very topic.

I just saw a linked story from Drudge.

Here's the link:

Transistor Made Using a Single Atom May Help Beat Moore's Law

It could (although, so far only in theory) open the doors to QUANTUM Computing.

The book I have been reading (worth getting, by the way) is: The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology, by Ray Kurzweil.

That's cool as shit. I mean, it's years away from practical application (-391 degrees Fahrenheit), but an amazing step.

Moore's Law has always fascinated me.

And I'm probably going to buy that book you mentioned as well.

That's cool as shit. I mean, it's years away from practical application (-391 degrees Fahrenheit), but an amazing step.

Moore's Law has always fascinated me.

And I'm probably going to buy that book you mentioned as well.

I got it on my Nook. Since I am not a scientist, it is pretty "dense" reading material, but I am still enjoying it quite a bit. It is fascinating.

Sorry for that messed up thread headline, but I have been reading a good book addressing this very topic.

Here's the link:

The book I have been reading (worth getting, by the way) is: The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology, by Ray Kurzweil.

I was thinking about a similar concept regarding fusion power. What if the reaction could be pared down to two nuclei at a time, repeated over and over. The present system involves many lasers trained on many nuclei with containment being a major problem. It would seem to be a much easier task to contain two nuclei and, if we could get the turnover up to machine gun speeds, we just might have something.

Here's the link:

I was thinking about a similar concept regarding fusion power. What if the reaction could be pared down to two nuclei at a time, repeated over and over. The present system involves many lasers trained on many nuclei with containment being a major problem. It would seem to be a much easier task to contain two nuclei and, if we could get the turnover up to machine gun speeds, we just might have something.

Ok.

The chances of that post not sailing way the hell over my head are smaller than the nuclei you speak of.

But, still. The topic is very interesting.

I need good science authors to discuss the topics in a digestible format.

<<(Looks around for rderp to declare that I am not one of the 6%.)>>

-391F is very easily achievable and relatively inexpensive. Liquid helium (about -456F) is commercially available.

Forum List

Back