An Alternative Political Party

You lost me when you pissed all over LGBT people on your Issues page.

I do agree that the time has come for a valid third, fourth, and fifth party system.

Vanquish, that is my personal position on the matter. It is imperative you understand that no matter what my position on the subject is, I would support without prejudice, the will of the majority. That's how democracy should, and is suppose to work.
I think you need to read what the founders said about democracy and majority rule: That it supports 51% taking away the rights of the 49%

That's an interesting point; I've always believed a simply majority wasn't good enough. From my point of view, a two thirds majority should be the standard used no matter where or when a vote is taken regarding the laws by which we live. We can't please everyone. Pleasing the majority is the best we will ever be able to do.

Someone needs to read their federalist papers...as well as reading about athenian democracy. A pure democracy is mob rule.

We live in a MIXed government. Majority rule only goes so far, yet minority input only goes so far. The Founders knew that majority rule doesnt always get it right.

Someone needs to read their federalist papers...as well as reading about athenian democracy. A pure democracy is mob rule.

We live in a MIXed government. Majority rule only goes so far, yet minority input only goes so far. The Founders knew that majority rule doesnt always get it right.

OK then, in all sincerity, help me out; what should we do? I'm willing to listen; that's what I'm here for.

Thanks for asking. To be fair, I think you're sounding very reasonable and willing to absorb. Of course I dont have all the answers, but my opinion is that the mechanism of government isn't inherently flawed....we just have to do the hard thing...and vote out entrenched incumbents.

I'm a left-leaning centrist (though I'm pro-life, don't think government solves all ills, am pro-capitalism)...and I'm willing to enact term limits. It would be a fundamental change in the Constitution, but I really think it's an idea whose time has come.

That'd be a start.

Thanks for asking. To be fair, I think you're sounding very reasonable and willing to absorb. Of course I dont have all the answers, but my opinion is that the mechanism of government isn't inherently flawed....we just have to do the hard thing...and vote out entrenched incumbents.

I'm a left-leaning centrist (though I'm pro-life, don't think government solves all ills, am pro-capitalism)...and I'm willing to enact term limits. It would be a fundamental change in the Constitution, but I really think it's an idea whose time has come.

That'd be a start.

Thank you. Despite our different views on some subjects, our views on the big picture might be closer than either of us realize. It would seem that we both know the guidance system for America isn't working.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back