An Age-Old Ruse

Just because people have more than you doesn't mean they're "hoarding" anything.

Time to get past your envy.

I have no envy, but you may try to commit my soul however you like, but it stilll does not change my position.

there is one thing I would like, blonde Lebanese hash.
It's clear you're envious....Your argument is basically "don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are X".

Meanwhile, the notion that someone having more than you means that someone else, as a matter of course, has less looks upon economics as a zero-sum game, which it is not.

I would not expect someone like you to understand a concept where chasing after the almighty dollar till you die is a way of life for everyone is not our true meaning on the planet.

How much has he given away, cause by his own words he has not and wishes he had more time to give to the needy in his community.

In an interview with C-Span in March 2006, Mr. Romney said that upon the death of his father, George, the former chief executive of American Motors, he received an inheritance. But he quickly donated the money to Brigham Young University, he said. (The younger Mr. Romney and his wife, Ann, attended the college, which is tied to the Mormon Church.)

“I did get a check from my dad when he passed away,” Mr. Romney told Brian Lamb during the interview. “I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad.

“But I turned and gave that away to charity,” Mr. Romney said. “In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor, the George W. Romney School of Public Management.”

the Details are Public Record. He gave away the Vast majority of what he inherited.

well good for him, I would have done the same. He also give 16% of income to charities, bless his gracious heart. I never said Romney was a bad man for being rich. The pupose of the OP was to show that people and their opinion changes and that you should not try to make a candidate or the president hold up to what youthink they should always do or say.

Last edited:

In an interview with C-Span in March 2006, Mr. Romney said that upon the death of his father, George, the former chief executive of American Motors, he received an inheritance. But he quickly donated the money to Brigham Young University, he said. (The younger Mr. Romney and his wife, Ann, attended the college, which is tied to the Mormon Church.)

“I did get a check from my dad when he passed away,” Mr. Romney told Brian Lamb during the interview. “I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad.

“But I turned and gave that away to charity,” Mr. Romney said. “In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor, the George W. Romney School of Public Management.”

the Details are Public Record. He gave away the Vast majority of what he inherited.

well good for him, I would have done the same.

I am not trying to Defend Romney, Hell I don't even like him. He is a Rich Aloof ass, but when I see people lie I will call it. He did in fact give most of his money away, and build a massive Fortune mostly on his own.

For me voting for Romney is not about getting what I want, It's about getting rid of what I don't want. It's about taking a guess that the Rich Guy, who knows about making Money, will do a better Job with the US Economy that Obama has. I don't claim to know I am right, Chances are I am not, But If I am not right it does not matter. 4 more years of Obama, or 4 Years of Romney not doing the right things, same result.

Last edited:
Just gotta love the hypocrisy of the rich and the republican candidate for president.

That’s the way Mitt Romney, back in 1994, described putting one’s assets in a so-called blind trust. But it’s 2012, and the ruse looks pretty serviceable.

Never mind that Mitt Romney has an estimated net worth as high as $250 million, or that some of it has been invested in offshore accounts of a sort never held by any previous presidential contender. He assures us that his assets are held in a “blind trust” over which he exerts no control.

Mitt Romney and the
Congratulations you have discovered political hypocrisy you know like when Obama talked about televising the healthcare negotiations on c-span for transparency which never happened.

Do you know why it was not televised, I am sure it was on C-Span but I never watch that channel.
But Like I stated before, it is no crime to change ones mind. And remember even if Romney does become president, getting your way with over 500 legislators is no easy act.

The main reason it was not televised is people would see all those under the table and back room deals being made to get votes granted that did not start with Obama and won't end when he leaves office but he was the one who campaigned on changing the way business was done in Washington. Hypocrisy is the one thing both parties excel at.

Forum List

Back