An Age-Old Ruse

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2011
sw mizzouri
Just gotta love the hypocrisy of the rich and the republican candidate for president.

That’s the way Mitt Romney, back in 1994, described putting one’s assets in a so-called blind trust. But it’s 2012, and the ruse looks pretty serviceable.

Never mind that Mitt Romney has an estimated net worth as high as $250 million, or that some of it has been invested in offshore accounts of a sort never held by any previous presidential contender. He assures us that his assets are held in a “blind trust” over which he exerts no control.

Mitt Romney and the

Do you have a 401K or do you sponge off of the public dollar for your retirement?

He could smoke joints made of kittens rolled up in $100 bills.

I am going with the rich business dude this time.

Lets see Guy who knows how to get Filthy rich, or Academic who Clearly does not know what he is doing, who is also by the way, RICH.

Choice is easy.

Last edited:
Clearly all of you missed the point. Romney like Obama have changed their views on things. There is nothing wrong with changing ones mind.
I don't care about his money nor his retirement. That is his story to play out.
I gave up on being a materialistic maniac years ago. I have all I need now and I enjoy others getiing theirs, it makes us happy. I do not need or want luxury yatchs, mansions, or people to work for me doing what I enjoy doing, living.
There is splenty in the world for all, but not when few people horde or are content having more than they need and making others go without.

Something Jesus taught me years ago.

Last edited:
Lets see Guy who knows how to get Filthy rich, or Academic who Clearly does not know what he is doing, who is also by the war, RICH.

Choice is easy.

Romney KNEW how to born into a rich family? Ok..........................:eusa_eh:

Just gotta love the hypocrisy of the rich and the republican candidate for president.

That’s the way Mitt Romney, back in 1994, described putting one’s assets in a so-called blind trust. But it’s 2012, and the ruse looks pretty serviceable.

Never mind that Mitt Romney has an estimated net worth as high as $250 million, or that some of it has been invested in offshore accounts of a sort never held by any previous presidential contender. He assures us that his assets are held in a “blind trust” over which he exerts no control.

Mitt Romney and the
Congratulations you have discovered political hypocrisy you know like when Obama talked about televising the healthcare negotiations on c-span for transparency which never happened.

Lets see Guy who knows how to get Filthy rich, or Academic who Clearly does not know what he is doing, who is also by the war, RICH.

Choice is easy.

Romney KNEW how to born into a rich family? Ok..........................:eusa_eh:

Do you know anything about the Facts? Romney gave the Vast Majority of his Inheritance to Charity. Do try and play with the Facts. Romney made his Fortune Mostly on his own, not with Family Money.

You people are such dishonest scum.

Clearly all of you missed the point. Romney like Obama have changed their views on things. There is nothing wrong with changing ones mind.
I gave up on being a materialistic maniac years ago. I have all I need now and I enjoy others getiing theirs, it makes us happy. I do not need or want luxury yatchs, mansions, or people to work for me doing what I enjoy doing, living.
There is splenty in the world for all, but not when few people horde or are content having more than they need and making others go without.

Just because people have more than you doesn't mean they're "hoarding" anything.

Time to get past your envy.

Mitt Romney and the
Congratulations you have discovered political hypocrisy you know like when Obama talked about televising the healthcare negotiations on c-span for transparency which never happened.

Do you know why it was not televised, I am sure it was on C-Span but I never watch that channel.
But Like I stated before, it is no crime to change ones mind. And remember even if Romney does become president, getting your way with over 500 legislators is no easy act.

Just because people have more than you doesn't mean they're "hoarding" anything.

I have no envy, but you may try to commit my soul however you like, but it stilll does not change my position.

there is one thing I would like, blonde Lebanese hash.

Choice is easy.

Do you know anything about the Facts? Romney gave the Vast Majority of his Inheritance to Charity. Do try and play with the Facts. Romney made his Fortune Mostly on his own, not with Family Money.

How much has he given away, cause by his own words he has not and wishes he had more time to give to the needy in his community.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9DVKWhPibw&feature=player_detailpage]Romney: "The Blind Trust is an Age Old Ruse" - YouTube[/ame]

I have no envy, but you may try to commit my soul however you like, but it stilll does not change my position.

there is one thing I would like, blonde Lebanese hash.
It's clear you're envious....Your argument is basically "don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are X".

Meanwhile, the notion that someone having more than you means that someone else, as a matter of course, has less looks upon economics as a zero-sum game, which it is not.

How much has he given away, cause by his own words he has not and wishes he had more time to give to the needy in his community.

In an interview with C-Span in March 2006, Mr. Romney said that upon the death of his father, George, the former chief executive of American Motors, he received an inheritance. But he quickly donated the money to Brigham Young University, he said. (The younger Mr. Romney and his wife, Ann, attended the college, which is tied to the Mormon Church.)

“I did get a check from my dad when he passed away,” Mr. Romney told Brian Lamb during the interview. “I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad.

“But I turned and gave that away to charity,” Mr. Romney said. “In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor, the George W. Romney School of Public Management.”

the Details are Public Record. He gave away the Vast majority of what he inherited.

Forum List

Back