An accident.

Kathianne said:
'You' are supposed to be aware of your surroundings and drive defensively. Don't you watch the idiots coming off a ramp? Don't you assume you are surrounded by idiots? :laugh:

Of course I do. My car can fly, though, so it's not an issue for me.

personally i would just deal with the insurance company. if his driving is THAT bad to where he is worried about his insurance rates going up, then he should not be driving at all. If he can't afford insurance anymore, it is his problem, not yours. Remember, he hit YOUR daughter. It could have been a lot worse. Next time, the other person might not be so lucky. Maybe the money that he would pay for insurance should go towards a bus pass or regular cab fare.

I got rear-ended last September, and had less than $1k damage to my car-same thing with the bumper, just paint and replace the absorber (though she hit me going about 20mph, and her little minivan was pretty messed up), but I am still in phys therapy because of lower back issues, and there is nothing they can really do for me until Ben is born. Until then, I am in pain almost all the time, sitting, standing, walking, and the added pressure of the weight gain from being pregnant isn't helping.

At first glance, I would prefer to sort it our the old fashioned way...handshake, and all....

But I think that insurance is the best way to do it.....if he wants to make you the offer, when you contact him, let him make the gesture, otherwise, I would not even give it a second thought....we all pay insurance for a reason.

I have decided to go with the insurance company; the potential for problems if I don’t is to great. You’re right JGB, we all pay insurance for a reason.

Thanks for the input folks.

Forum List

Back