~Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
It was reported on the news today, that the tox results came back from Amy Winehouse's autopsy, after she died way back on July 23.
People were suspecting drugs, but it appears she died from alcohol poisoning....they found 3 empty vodka bottles in her room when they found her body, and the medical examiner said her blood alcohol level was 5 times the legal limit.
She was apparently on a drinking binge, after trying to stop drinking.
But that is the final ruling.......she died from binge drinking.

Alcohol is a drug, and can be abused. Just because it is legal does not make it safe. Cigs are killers and it is legal to kill yourself that way.

Happens every year on college campuses.

People don't realize (or forget while drunk) that alcohol is a TOXIC SUBSTANCE.

They drink more alcohol than their bodies can process and it kills them.

que surprise?

when she died you knew it was booze or drugs.....sad never the less

Yes, I figured it was one or the other. But even tho the news people and others could offer their opinions, nothing was official under all the toxicology results came back.
I had forgotten all about it, and figured it was just pushed to the side and I would never know anything more or hear anything more. But then...this.

I don't like R&B but every once in a while someone comes along that really gets my attention like Sade Adu and Anita Baker. Amy Winehouse was one of them. What a great voice she had.

I'm almost never sad to see any famous person die, Stevie Ray Vaughn was the last one that felt like a kick in the gut for me. But I really was sad to see her go. :frown:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-I2s5zRbHg&ob=av2e"]Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good - YouTube[/ame]

College students gettin' drunk...
:eek:
CDC: Young Adults Down 9 Drinks When They Binge
January 10, 2012 — New government statistics show college-age binge drinkers average an astounding nine drinks each time they get drunk.
Binge drinking is when someone consumes four or five alcoholic beverages on one occasion. Health officials lament it contributes to problems like drunk-driving accidents, violence and fetal alcohol syndrome.

About 17 percent of the adults surveyed said they'd had an episode of binge drinking in the previous month. It was more common for those ages 18 to 34.

The report is based on telephone surveys last year of more than 450,000 U.S. adults. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released it on Tuesday.

Source

Granny says, "Lissen up all you sop-heads! ( an' ya women dat pander to `em)...
:confused:
America is drunk
January 14, 2012 | According to the Centers for Disease Control, we’re becoming a nation of drunks. Booze hounds on benders.
New data reveals that one in every six Americans downs eight mixed drinks within a few hours, four times a month. Twenty-eight percent of young people between the ages of 18 and 24 binge-drink five times a month, putting away seven drinks in one sitting. And 13 percent of those between the ages of 45 and 65 binge drink five times a month, too. News of the magnitude of this intoxication—resulting in frequently and dramatically altered states of consciousness for tens of millions of Americans—is no different than if we were to learn that a quarter of our young people were snorting half-a-gram of cocaine more than once-a-week or injecting heroin on that schedule. The psychological/cognitive effects of seven or eight drinks are no less intense, and, possibly, even more dramatic.

Think about that: A significant portion of our population wants to not be present for significant portions of every single week. This is what is happening. It is critical we determine why it is happening. My theory is that Americans are on a flight from reality. Faced with painful facts—including the precarious state of the economy, the gathering storm represented by militant Muslims, in general, and Iran, in particular, the crumbling state of marriage in this country, the fact that our borders are being overrun, and the fact that our health care insurance system is in shambles (to name just a smattering of the troubles we desperately need to address)—we as a nation are drinking, drugging, gambling, smoking, Facebooking, YouTubing, Marijuaning, Kardashianing, Adderalling, Bono-ing (as in thinking of Chaz’s sad flight from reality as good), Prozacking, Twittering, and Sexting ourselves into oblivion.

The fact that we are doing this as a culture is the single most ominous psychological trend we have ever faced. I am not exaggerating. Unchecked, it will literally create an absentee nation, unable to summon real vision to confront real threats, unable to summon real courage to defeat real enemies, unable to buckle down and take the tough measures necessary to restore real economic stability, unable to tell our friends that we will defend them—if necessary, to the death. Because drunks have no capacity to tolerate suffering or to see the future clearly or to summon extraordinary creativity from deep inside themselves or to stand up and double down with courage that resonates as so completely real, so entirely sober, that our adversaries buckle at the knees.

See, when you drug yourself five or ten percent of your life, that experience (or rather non-experience) can contaminate the rest of your life, too. Because suppressing your truth—including your anxiety and your resolve—for one day in 7 days is enough to tip the balance of your thinking away from introspection, away from insight and away from real involvement with others and the world around you. More laws could never solve this problem, by the way. A new Prohibition wouldn’t stem the tide of the clear desire of a significant percentage of Americans to anesthetize themselves a significant portion of their lives. The only antidote is the decisiveness of individuals to live their lives, to be present and to count—for real. It’s time America detoxed. Our future is uncertain, yet our prospects as great as the day God first blessed America. That may want plenty of people to go on a bender. I pray it makes more people want to sober up.

Read more: America Is Drunk | Fox News

Forum List

Back