Amputation Should Do the Trick!

Not to mention their eager use of 7th century tactics to solve 21st century problems. With all the means of transportation and communication available to them to access the modern world for the past 100 or so years, makes one wonder why/how they have deliberately closed themselves off from the rest of the world. Fear of contamination, I guess, or maybe too weak to resist the temptations of the "outside" world. :rolleyes:

Adam's Apple said:
Not to mention their eager use of 7th century tactics to solve 21st century problems. With all the means of transportation and communication available to them to access the modern world for the past 100 or so years, makes one wonder why/how they have deliberately closed themselves off from the rest of the world. Fear of contamination, I guess, or maybe too weak to resist the temptations of the "outside" world. :rolleyes:

Weak is exactly the right word.

If a religion is so weak it cannot withstand criticism (even in the form of cartoons) there is something seriously wrong with it. Any religion that has to enforce its dogma through acts of violence is flawed ... that includes Christianity. I often see comparisons between the violence of Islam today and the violence of Christianity centuries ago; in my opinion, the reason the allegories are valid is because centuries ago the Christian religions were in trouble (some because of internal strife and some because of outside pressures). Today, Islam is in trouble. They fear contamination of their beliefs from Western Culture and the resultant loss of power. The root cause for issues in both religions is education....as the followers of either religion became/become more educated, they start asking some very embarassing questions of their religious leaders.

Christianity managed to eventually adapt and change to encompass the educated masses. Islam has not been able to do that yet and may not ever be able to. That is why control of the press, education, individual freedom and so on is critical to Islam. The more fanatical the sect is within Islam (and any other religion), the more important that control becomes to their status quo.

CSM said:
Weak is exactly the right word.

If a religion is so weak it cannot withstand criticism (even in the form of cartoons) there is something seriously wrong with it. Any religion that has to enforce its dogma through acts of violence is flawed ... that includes Christianity. I often see comparisons between the violence of Islam today and the violence of Christianity centuries ago; in my opinion, the reason the allegories are valid is because centuries ago the Christian religions were in trouble (some because of internal strife and some because of outside pressures). Today, Islam is in trouble. They fear contamination of their beliefs from Western Culture and the resultant loss of power. The root cause for issues in both religions is education....as the followers of either religion became/become more educated, they start asking some very embarassing questions of their religious leaders.

Christianity managed to eventually adapt and change to encompass the educated masses. Islam has not been able to do that yet and may not ever be able to. That is why control of the press, education, individual freedom and so on is critical to Islam. The more fanatical the sect is within Islam (and any other religion), the more important that control becomes to their status quo.

I think you have it, CSM. The total American MSM (MainStreamMedia) are so influenced and indoctrinated by current Executive and congressional objectives that even education becomes secondary to overall purpose.

Kudos, my friend

Psychoblues said:
I think you have it, CSM. The total American MSM (MainStreamMedia) are so influenced and indoctrinated by current Executive and congressional objectives that even education becomes secondary to overall purpose.

Kudos, my friend

No. You're confused. The controlled media is in the middle east.

Adam's Apple said:

The absolute power of the Islamic clerics have corrupted them absolutely. They are on the brink of losing it all. Desperate people do scary things.

dilloduck said:
The absolute power of the Islamic clerics have corrupted them absolutely. They are on the brink of losing it all. Desperate people do scary things.

The absolute power of the Inquisitioners , the Crusades, corrupted logical thinking due to a total lack of education amongst the participants. Are we on the brink of "losing it all"?

GWB is absolutely no Prophet.

Psychoblues

Forum List

Back