Amount of Tg CO2 Eq

dellbox

Rookie
Apr 14, 2011
So, I'm trying to calculate amount of Tg CO2 Eq from heavy duty vehicles and I ran into problems.

First, I looked at the US Greenhouse Inventory Report and it said that heavy duty vehicles accounted for 343 Tg CO2 Eq in 2003.

Then I look at the well-to-wheel GHG Emissions in g/mile from Argonne National Lab for conventional diesel engine and it is 472 g/mile. And in 2003, the total VMT for heavy duty vehicles was 141000 million miles. So 472 * 141000 million = 66 Tg CO2 Eq. It is 5 times less than the value from the GHG inventory report. What am I missing here?

So, I'm trying to calculate amount of Tg CO2 Eq from heavy duty vehicles and I ran into problems.

First, I looked at the US Greenhouse Inventory Report and it said that heavy duty vehicles accounted for 343 Tg CO2 Eq in 2003.

Then I look at the well-to-wheel GHG Emissions in g/mile from Argonne National Lab for conventional diesel engine and it is 472 g/mile. And in 2003, the total VMT for heavy duty vehicles was 141000 million miles. So 472 * 141000 million = 66 Tg CO2 Eq. It is 5 times less than the value from the GHG inventory report. What am I missing here?

The only thing I see missing is that you didn't pick up on the fact that the GHG inventory report is as fraudulent as the rest of the data they use to support AGW and the associated policies.

Good catch.

Forum List

Back