Amos Is Gone

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
I lost my friend of 13 years today, Amos died in his sleep, he was the best...........

SantaAmos762.jpg

Sorry Sit---Amos had to be a tough loss---I'm sure your couldn't "capture" everything about him but he looked "distinguished".

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that you lost your friend. Had he been ill? He was a beautiful animal. I've always loved brown tabbies. Your Amos looks remarkably like my Simon. I'm betting Amos was sweeter though.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Amos was an amazing guy. I found him in a Pet Smart on my way home from a cat show. He was 3 years old and amazingly was from a home 4 houses down from mine. He was brought to Pet Smart when the woman that took care of him died, I found this out from her grand daughter that worked at the store. She couldn't keep him so he was up for adoption. She took him out of the cage to let me hold him and he just laid in my arms like we were the oldest friends, I talked to her for a good half hour and he never moved. I made arrangements to come back and adopt him the next week. When I brought him home I was worried about how he would get along with my Afghan Hound, I didn't need to, they became great friends. Amos was very easy going, not much bothered him, he would even come to me when I was running my shop vac so I could vacuum him....... how easy going is that?

Obviously he wasn't afraid to get his picture taken, he actually seemed to enjoy it. He tried to be a buddy to my other cat when I brought him home but Felix was usually a dick to Amos. He would sit with me when I watched television and never move.

This week Amos started acting differently, he stopped drinking and eating and was dead in 3 days. The vet said he had upper respiratory problems, that coupled with his age of 16 was too much for him, he died in his sleep. I had the flu the week before and it seemed like he had the same symptoms, he died before the Vet had the tests results back. I had a bad feeling all week, I knew there was something seriously wrong with him.

It's amazing how much I miss him already, I just buried him a few hours ago.

It is very hard Sitarro. I lost one of my cat family members 1 month ago. She was 15.5 year old. Thank you for sharing your Amos with us. He was a lovely cat.

One of the coolest things about Amos was his whiskers, they were like radar. When he was interested in something like a feather or some string I was taunting him with, they would all come forward in an amazing way that no other cat that I've known.

Thanks again you guys.

I'm very sorry for your loss sitarro. I remember his pics from "another place" and I remember thinking he looked quite the dude cat (and I don't use "dude" every second word).

He was a splending looking cat.

It's a shame that pets can't live longer than we do. The first and only time I saw my dad cry was when Bootsie died.

Amos was uniquely marked...a beautiful cat.

Forum List

Back