Amnesty...? Not so much...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
To describe the House passed immigration bill as "amnesty" is, to put it mildly, an exaggeration. Ten to twelve years, thousands of dollars in fines, returning to their home country with no guarantee of citizenship. And then there is the "guest-worker" plan which is little more than indentured servitude benefiting Bush's and the GOP's corporate contributors.

The only good part of the bill is that which provides for increased numbers of border patrol agents. That, and the ENFORCEMENT OF EXISTING LAWS, is what is needed. Not this new "road to citizenship" that will swell the INS bureaucracy needed to process the the applications of the aliens. Of course the likely-hood of illegals actually going through this torturous process is almost nil. If anything it will drive them further underground and further marginalizing them.

The bill sucks. It needs to be relegated to the round file. Gosh, I agree with the freepers!

There should be NO amnesty to begin with. If your here illegally you should be deported. That they keep wanting to provide some sort of Amnesty is an attempt to win votes from Hispanic groups.

What is needed as you stated is the current laws ENFORCED. Fine the companies that use illegals, Fine the Corporations, Fine the Officers of the Companies. Seal the border, tell States to either enforce the immigration laws of the country or no Federal Funds will be delivered. Arrest and charge any City official that passes illegal ordinances to protect illegals with appropriate charges. Tell States that allow illegals to get drivers license that they will get no Federal Funds.

Round up , document and deport any illegal we can. 2nd offense make camps and jail them for 6 months, 3rd offense make them serve 2 years in jail. And to help defray the cost? Force Mexico to either help stop the flow, to take action against serial illegals or start fining them and collecting the fines from Mexican assets in this country.

As for armed incursions into the US, order the National Guard to patrol and respond to Any armed drug dealer or illegal. Put Border Guards in National Guard units patrolling the borders and pass a law that designates x many miles from the border an area the Guard and military can operate.

It is a National Security Issue. The border is so porous nuclear weapons could be smuggled across and only pure luck would stop it. An army of terrorists could easily enter the country armed to the teeth.

Once the Border is sealed, IF we need Mexicans for work in the country, create an guest pass system and require the people hiring them to come collect them , be responsible for them and ensure they return to Mexico when the work/contract is done. And ensure US law is enforced so these workers get proper pay and care from the employer while here.

There should be NO amnesty to begin with. If your here illegally you should be deported. That they keep wanting to provide some sort of Amnesty is an attempt to win votes from Hispanic groups.

What is needed as you stated is the current laws ENFORCED. Fine the companies that use illegals, Fine the Corporations, Fine the Officers of the Companies. Seal the border, tell States to either enforce the immigration laws of the country or no Federal Funds will be delivered. Arrest and charge any City official that passes illegal ordinances to protect illegals with appropriate charges. Tell States that allow illegals to get drivers license that they will get no Federal Funds.

Round up , document and deport any illegal we can. 2nd offense make camps and jail them for 6 months, 3rd offense make them serve 2 years in jail. And to help defray the cost? Force Mexico to either help stop the flow, to take action against serial illegals or start fining them and collecting the fines from Mexican assets in this country.

As for armed incursions into the US, order the National Guard to patrol and respond to Any armed drug dealer or illegal. Put Border Guards in National Guard units patrolling the borders and pass a law that designates x many miles from the border an area the Guard and military can operate.

It is a National Security Issue. The border is so porous nuclear weapons could be smuggled across and only pure luck would stop it. An army of terrorists could easily enter the country armed to the teeth.

Once the Border is sealed, IF we need Mexicans for work in the country, create an guest pass system and require the people hiring them to come collect them , be responsible for them and ensure they return to Mexico when the work/contract is done. And ensure US law is enforced so these workers get proper pay and care from the employer while here.

This is Ted Kennedy and the liberals attempt to eliminate the GOP. the hispanic/Immigrants will become legal and will end up voting for liberals. GOP voters will be out numbered 4 to 1 in 10 years if this happens. Vote no for this bill!!!

How should the border be sealed? What are the conditions in Mexico, Central and South America that people are willing to leave their families behind and face the dangers of the journey north to come to the US and risk deportation? Why aren't current laws regarding the employment of illegal aliens being enforced?

Yeah, the borders are as secure as a box of Cheerios. Bush had nearly six years since 9/11 and, until 11/06 a GOP controlled Congress, to secure the borders but he failed to do so. His failure on his watch.

How should the border be sealed? What are the conditions in Mexico, Central and South America that people are willing to leave their families behind and face the dangers of the journey north to come to the US and risk deportation? Why aren't current laws regarding the employment of illegal aliens being enforced?

Yeah, the borders are as secure as a box of Cheerios. Bush had nearly six years since 9/11 and, until 11/06 a GOP controlled Congress, to secure the borders but he failed to do so. His failure on his watch.

He didn't fail to his way of thinking, he seems totally comfortable with what he's doing.

Lets look at this for one mommnet only through fiscal eyes.

If you were to do what it would take to hunt down and remove everyone of these people.

Deal with the financial burden of their American children.

House them while processing them.

Hire all the full time police, Immigration ,temporary services people.

Pay for their transportation to the borber.

Now how much would that all cost per immigrant?

The current plan is to have them step forward and PAY US MONEY.

They would have to pay any taxes they had not payed and then give us 5 thousand each.

Now it would take YEARS and Raised taxes to do the other.

come on you fiscal hardcores lets hear it?

How should the border be sealed? Triple concertina wire, land mines and clear fileds of fire for quad fifties come to mind. What are the conditions in Mexico, Central and South America that people are willing to leave their families behind and face the dangers of the journey north to come to the US and risk deportation? That subject should be addressed by those nations and NOT the US government. Why aren't current laws regarding the employment of illegal aliens being enforced? Great question! They sure as hell should be.
Yeah, the borders are as secure as a box of Cheerios. Bush had nearly six years since 9/11 and, until 11/06 a GOP controlled Congress, to secure the borders but he failed to do so. His failure on his watch. Bad news for you. The illegal immigration problem didn't start 6 years ago...it's been festering for decades. Why didn't Clinton, Bush SR, Uncle Ronny, Carter, Ford or any other political figure you care to name do anything?

Any nation that cannot or will not control its own borders will not remain a soveriegn state for long.

If you were to do what it would take to hunt down and remove everyone of these people.

They would have to pay any taxes they had not payed and then give us 5 thousand each.

They are illegals in the first place! What possible reasoning could lead you to believe they wil step up willingly and pay anything????

How should the border be sealed?

With force, if necessary. If the illegal immigrants entering this country today were armed that's exactly what we would do. They are an invading force, make no mistake. They just aren't carrying weapons.

What are the conditions in Mexico, Central and South America that people are willing to leave their families behind and face the dangers of the journey north to come to the US and risk deportation?

Probably pretty crappy, but how is this our problem? Because things suck there the U.S. should just open it's doors wide? I can think of no other country that welcomes immigrants to it's lands as much as the U.S. It makes us unique. It makes us America. But is it to much to ask that an immigrants first act in America not be breaking it's laws?

Why aren't current laws regarding the employment of illegal aliens being enforced?

There is the $64,000 question. For the Republican politicians it boils down to not wanting to lose any more of the Hispanic vote than they already have. They don't want to offend anyone. Political correctness. For the Deomcrats it boils down to wanting to garner more votes among the Hispanic bloc. The more low income residents in the U.S. who require the government handouts that the Dems are so good at doling out and so good at touting get them more votes. I'm not saying that the Republicans haven't ever done the same thing, but the Democrats have a track record of telling folks just how down trodden they are and only their party cares and can help them, while the Republicans lean more toward the old pick yourself up, do it yourself camp. At least they used to. That and they don't want to offend anyone. Political correctness.

Political correctness and multiculturalism will be the death of the U.S.

This angers me more than anyother failure of this administration. IMO, the failure of this administration to secure our borders and their failure to curb illegal immigration are offenses that are more impeachable than Iraq.

You can pretend they are horrible monsters.

You can pretend they are evil and do nothing but break the law.

This is fine if you dont want to live in reality.

Our industry eats them up like candy.

They are lulled here by the coporations you LOVE.

They are an endless source of cheap compliant workers.

IF BUSH had come down on these companies hiring them and fined them to the roof there would be no business willing to hire them and they would not come because there would be nothing here for them.

You wouldnt even need ANY fence if they couldnt get jobs.

If you would spend one half of an hour investigating who these people are and why they come here you would understand the real prtoblems they face.

Then you if would remember what our country used to stand for "give us your poor ,your tired ,your huddled masses yearning to be free"

I have lived next to these people , they are fine ,hard working ,kind , religious ,family oriented people who when you give them a smile they breathe a sigh of relief and treat you like a friend.

They just want to feed their families who are starving, they just want their kids to have a chance at education, they just dot want their mother dying from back breaking work.

They are who my ancestors were, they are who your ancesstors were and nothing more.

We give them NO legal way to do this.

How long does it take to immigrat legally from mexico can you tell me?

You can pretend they are horrible monsters.

Not monsters...criminals....

You can pretend they are evil and do nothing but break the law.

That was their first act....what about the term "illegal" don't you understand?

This is fine if you dont want to live in reality.

They are here illegally....that is the reality.

Our industry eats them up like candy.

And should be prosecuted for it.

They are lulled here by the coporations you LOVE.

perhaps, but they should still be prosecuted for aiding and abetting criminals.

They are an endless source of cheap compliant workers.

So put them to work in the countries they came from.

IF BUSH had come down on these companies hiring them and fined them to the roof there would be no business willing to hire them and they would not come because there would be nothing here for them.

Not just Bush....every administration overt the past decades

You wouldnt even need ANY fence if they couldnt get jobs.

Not just jobs...welfare, education, health care, and on and on. If it were JUST jobs, there would be less of an issue.

If you would spend one half of an hour investigating who these people are and why they come here you would understand the real prtoblems they face.

Their first problem is they are criminals. They can start by fixing that little issue....maybe going back to their country of origin would take care of that.

Then you if would remember what our country used to stand for "give us your poor ,your tired ,your huddled masses yearning to be free"

And there is a legal process for addressing that...which illegal aliens choose to ignore.

I have lived next to these people , they are fine ,hard working ,kind , religious ,family oriented people who when you give them a smile they breathe a sigh of relief and treat you like a friend.

They breath a sigh of relief once they figure out that folks like you aren't going to deport them and we, as a nation, are going to aid and abet their criminal activity.

They just want to feed their families who are starving, they just want their kids to have a chance at education, they just dot want their mother dying from back breaking work.

Then maybe, just maybe, they should spend some time and effort holding their country responsible....instead of looking for a free handout from the US.

They are who my ancestors were, they are who your ancesstors were and nothing more.

Nope, most of our ancestors came here LEGALLY. They are CRIMINALS and nothing more.

We give them NO legal way to do this.

Horseshit....there is a legal way to enter this country....people do it every day.

How long does it take to immigrat legally from mexico can you tell me? Does it matter?

I guess there should be no laws, no one should be held accountable for their actions, etc.

Yes it matters.

Now how much are you willing to spend to round them up and send them home?

Come on lets talk the numbers

Even for Cubans?

How does everyone feel about giving amnesty to Cubans?

Here you go with this comboy stupidity again.

What smart people do is consider all the aspect of a problem to figure out how to solve it.

I dont want to be stupid I want to make the best decision possible for my beloved country.

The one that makes the most sense and gets us to the best conclusion.

You want to be emotional and decide with testoserone.

This is just why Bush is such a shitty president

Here you go with this comboy stupidity again.

I knew it would not take long before you attacked the poster....

What smart people do is consider all the aspect of a problem to figure out how to solve it.

"All aspects of the problem"...ok...lets start with the criminal activity aspect....

I dont want to be stupid I want to make the best decision possible for my beloved country.

Too late, you are already stupid. I suppose you think I want the worst decision possible.

The one that makes the most sense and gets us to the best conclusion.

Ok...we can start there assuming you don't think your POV is the ONLY one that makes sense and provides the best conclusion....but then we already know how you feel about that!

You want to be emotional and decide with testoserone.

Dang, you must be psychic! I'm not the one being emotional; I didn't try to make my points by playing on the sympathies of the reader.

This is just why Bush is such a shitty president Ah, so getting rid of Bush will eliminate the problem?

The problem existed before Bush came into office. The illegals are just that...ILLEGAL. I would rather spend the money to deport them....fine the corporations that hire them and punish those that harbor them. I don't care whcih politicians are in office; they need to get on the stick and get rid of the illegal aliens and quit using my tax dollar to support their sorry asses.

New Topics

Forum List

Back