Amnesty International - "Arrest Bush"

Well, Bush can't travel in Europe and now isn't welcome in Canada. Can he even travel to Mexico without fear of arrest?

Really? Is that why he's been to Britain at least twice, had lunch with the Queen both times (apparently they're quite good friends), he's been to France, Germany, Ireland and a few other European countries.

And, FYI, he is welcome in Canada. You need to work on your general intelligence, and basic comprehension skills.

Twit.

He just needs to stay away from countries where they throw shoes

The day I give a fuck what some asshole in the ME thinks, I'll let you know. Until then, try not to let your irrational hatred of Bush get in the way of logic.

Ah hells bells, I bet when asked, the President of the AI USA chapter wants it too!

You need to work on your reading, probably also is part of the reason why you think Perry is the best candidate for job creation.

....which has nothing to do with this thread.....

Now back to Toro's point:

I used to give a regular monthly donation to Amnesty International. Then they became terrorist supporters and lost all credibility with me.

Now, someone should point out to Becki that it is the president of the canadian chapter of AA who wants bush arrested, not the Canadian government.

*Emphasis mine*

I've tried.

I fail to see what the fuss is about. After all, Bush would just have to explain that water boarding is not really torture, it is merely "enhanced interrogation". He also had permission from John Wu to perform any tort....I mean enhanced interrogation he wanted as long as he did it to bad guys and didn't leave permanent deformities

What does he have to fear? Canadians are understanding folks

Meanwhile you cheer on terrorists and Arab dictators that cut peoples heads off because they're religious conservative nuts..

You have no problem with these Islamic terrorists and their governments that back them sentencing Christians to death just for being Christian - yet you throw fits when the same assholes get a pin prick in their fucking finger...

Fuck you....

Funny how AI has no fucking problem with Muslisms honor killing, killing gays, forcing woman into slavery etc..

No Boosh is the bad guy for killing those that commit those acts..

I fail to see what the fuss is about. After all, Bush would just have to explain that water boarding is not really torture, it is merely "enhanced interrogation". He also had permission from John Wu to perform any tort....I mean enhanced interrogation he wanted as long as he did it to bad guys and didn't leave permanent deformities

What does he have to fear? Canadians are understanding folks

Meanwhile you cheer on terrorists and Arab dictators that cut peoples heads off because they're religious conservative nuts..

You have no problem with these Islamic terrorists and their governments that back them sentencing Christians to death just for being Christian - yet you throw fits when the same assholes get a pin prick in their fucking finger...

Fuck you....

I beg to differ...

I have never cheered anyones head being cut off and I believe that those who are responsible for human rights violations should be held responsible. That is the way Americans are

I loathed Bush as President and am a member of Amnesty International but I doubt I'll be renewing my membership after calls by the Canadian President to arrest Bush when he is here in BC next week.

Canada should arrest George W. Bush when he visits next week: Amnesty - Yahoo! News

Fortunately, that won't happen.

Canada cool to Amnesty's call for Bush arrest - Yahoo! News
The President of Canada wants President Bush arrested and thrown in jail for freeing 50,000,000 Arabs from cruel oligarchies and a dictator/terrorist who sent assassins to murder an American President?

I'm so sorry to hear a Canadian President said such a thing of a man who led the fight against 9/11 terrorists who trained in Afghanistan and their wealthy sponsor/terrorist in Iraq.

And many Canadians consider President Bush unwelcome in their country? That makes me so sad. I've been Canada's cheerleader on every forum or board I've ever posted on, Toro. I stood up against a lot of meanies defending your country over a 15-year time parameter. President Bush was my president, Mrs. Bush, my first lady. I can't imagine them not welcome in your country, but I guess that's how it is.

:(

I'm sorry. I didn't make the OP clear.

The President of Amnesty International Canada. Not "the President of Canada." Canada doesn't have a President. It has a Prime Minister. And a Minister of the government has said that Bush won't be arrested, and blasted Amnesty International for the call.

There's a reason rational people think Amnesty International is a joke, their excessive "outlook". :lol:

I loathed Bush as President and am a member of Amnesty International but I doubt I'll be renewing my membership after calls by the Canadian President to arrest Bush when he is here in BC next week.

OTTAWA - Amnesty International wants the federal government to arrest former U.S. president George W. Bush when he visits British Columbia next week.

The rights body said both Canadian and international law require Canada to detain Bush and investigate him for war crimes and torture.

"It is incumbent upon Canadian officials to investigate, arrest and prosecute former president Bush for torture when he arrives in Canada a week tomorrow," said Alex Neve, Amnesty Canada's secretary general.

Bush and former president Bill Clinton are scheduled to attend an economic conference in Surrey, B.C. next week.

Neve said many will argue that arresting Bush is unrealistic because the United States is a close and powerful ally or that the crisis after 9-11 required extraordinary measures.

"None of those arguments justify inaction under international law," he said.

Neve conceded that arresting a former president would likely cause tension with the United States, but "taking a principled step merits that sort of strain."

Neve said Bush admitted in his memoirs that he authorized the use of torture against terror suspects.
Canada should arrest George W. Bush when he visits next week: Amnesty - Yahoo! News

Fortunately, that won't happen.

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada brushed off a call by Amnesty International on Wednesday to arrest former U.S. President George W. Bush for human rights abuse, saying the organization was engaging in cheap stunts.

Amnesty said Bush - due to attend an event in the province of British Columbia on Oct 20 - had authorized the use of torture techniques such as waterboarding during his time as President, which ran from 2001 to 2009.

Canada's right-of-center Conservative government made it clear there was little chance officials would arrest Bush, who has made at least two trips to Canada since his second four-year term in office ended.

"Amnesty International cherry-picks cases to publicize based on ideology. This kind of stunt helps explain why so many respected human rights advocates have abandoned Amnesty International," Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said.

Kenney noted in an email that in the past, Amnesty had not asked for Canada to bar Cuban leader Fidel Castro, even though the rights organization itself said he had presided over "arbitrary arrests, detention, and criminal prosecution".
Canada cool to Amnesty's call for Bush arrest - Yahoo! News

Do ex-presidents have diplomatic immunity?

Forum List

Back