Ammo Up

you asked a stupid question.

What I want to know is: why all the chickenhawks aren't signing up? Why the Bush twins haven't enlisted.... Why haven't the Romney boys visited the recruiter?

My guess is: Jenna Bush being blown up by an IED... a couple of Romney boys getting slaughtered in a fire fight.... the GOP would have a different attitude about Iraq mighty fucking quick.

For the same reason there isn't an over abundance of volunteers for the peace corps, libs don't pay any "extra" taxes (other than what is required by law), and why Al Gore doesn't live in a tent. Some people believe strongly enough in issues to shoot their mouth off but not quite strongly enough to do anything about it. Some people have already done something about what they believe in and just got too damn old to continue and some people are currently doing something ...they just don't brag about it.

They whole arguement about "why don't the ****'s (insert favorite political insult here) sign up" is a lot of crap.

For the same reason there isn't an over abundance of volunteers for the peace corps, libs don't pay any "extra" taxes (other than what is required by law), and why Al Gore doesn't live in a tent. Some people believe strongly enough in issues to shoot their mouth off but not quite strongly enough to do anything about it. Some people have already done something about what they believe in and just got too damn old to continue and some people are currently doing something ...they just don't brag about it.

They whole arguement about "why don't the ****'s (insert favorite political insult here) sign up" is a lot of crap.

Agreed--the "chickenhawk" theory is as dated as Viet Nam protest talking points except now it has this bizarre twist. If we bring back the draft those who support military engagement will become so terrified that their own sons and daughters may have to go to war that they will surrender.
Oh how they long for the good old days when they could victimize the poor draftee who was just minding his own business and got yanked to get killed in some "unjust war".
Sorry--that chickenhawk won't fly.

There is only ONE reason any liberal wants to claim a draft is good. Because with a draft they may be able to drum up a protest movement that isn't just a couple crazies and their friends.

It is simply embarrassing to the poor libs that their protests are so small and meaningless. They think if they get a draft or the threat of a draft things will change for them.

Of course ask them how they plan to pay for this draft? What the criteria will be? Any of the meaty questions to actually involve a REAL plan. You will get a lot of silence or hemming and hawing.

We do not need a draft, we do need to provide a huge increase in defense spending, we need to nearly double the current size of the and the number of ships in the Navy, we need to increase the marine Corps by 1/3, we need to increase the Airforce by a significant amount as well.

Further we need to insure that we have 3 not one plant making tanks, we need to ensure we more plants making all our armored vehicles, we need to return to a steel industry, a manufacturing industry, we need to rebuild our shipping industry, our ship yards and we need to get away from having civilians run half the military overhead items. We need more plants making ammunition, more plants making missiles , we need more of everything.

Ask a liberal about THAT and see what the response is.

Please don't minimize the service of our soldiers in Iraq, by comparing it to filling out an IRS tax form or serving a tour in the Peace Corps.

Virtually no one who fills out tax forms or serves in the peace corps, gets blown up, maimed, beheaded, or shot dead. Serving a combat tour in Iraq means not only putting your life on the line, but putting your family through extreme hardship. And possibly making a widow out of your wife.

Its disingenous and disrespectful to soldiers to make the comparison you just did.

Please don't minimize the service of our soldiers in Iraq, by comparing it to filling out an IRS tax form or serving a tour in the Peace Corps.

Virtually no one who fills out tax forms or serves in the peace corps, gets blown up, maimed, beheaded, or shot dead. Serving a combat tour in Iraq means not only putting your life on the line, but putting your family through extreme hardship. And possibly making a widow out of your wife.

Its disingenous and disrespectful to soldiers to make the comparison you just did.

Your so full of shit your eyes are brown. The claim that every republican should join is ignorant at best, the further defense that since liberals are opposed to the war they shouldn't join is just as ignorant. Tell me, since I haven't noticed it so far, what service where you in or are in now?

If we're going to continue the Iraq war, I'm all for a draft. Bush's war is wearing down our volunteer army and national guard who have to do multiple tours there - its only fair we share the burden. Hell, if they raise the conscription age high enough, I'll report to the draft board myself.

And I certainly think chickenhawks who spent years cheerleading a war they got us into, deserve at least one tour of foot patrol duty in Fallujah.

They're volunteers. Get it?

Didn't think so.

I'd be more than happy to go. Soon as they duct tape the mouthes of people like you.

Please don't minimize the service of our soldiers in Iraq, by comparing it to filling out an IRS tax form or serving a tour in the Peace Corps. Nice try but no dice. That crap doesn't fly either. You know damn well we are talking about committment to ones beliefs and not the worthiness of a cause. This a feable attempt to discredit the poster.

Virtually no one who fills out tax forms or serves in the peace corps, gets blown up, maimed, beheaded, or shot dead. Serving a combat tour in Iraq means not only putting your life on the line, but putting your family through extreme hardship. And possibly making a widow out of your wife. No shit Sherlock. Been there, done that, and got a few pounds of meat missing because of it.

Its disingenous and disrespectful to soldiers to make the comparison you just did.Horsecrap.

Nice try at a misdirect but it isn't going to work.

They're volunteers. Get it?

Didn't think so.

I'd be more than happy to go. Soon as they duct tape the mouthes of people like you.

Very mature of you.

Yes, I've seen your other Nazi quotes about shutting up liberals, or shipping them to Gitmo or whatever the hell it was.

Your anti-american attitude, and anti-free speech attitude is a disgrace to the principles of this country

Nice try at a misdirect but it isn't going to work.

How very childish of you to neg rep me, because I was expressing an opinion and a point of view.

I won't childishly respond in kind, because Neg Repping is for immature children. I don't give a crap about rep points on some messageboard.

As to the topic at hand: as the level of risk goes up, so should the level of shared responsibility . Bush's OWN war czar suggest the army is nearing a breaking point, and that there is an undue burden on the volunteer army and national guard. And I'm agreeing with him...Bush's OWN general. Getting blown up, beheaded, shot at, and serving three combat tours is an extreme burden to a small group of people.

That level of risk and burden placed on our armed forces at some point demands shared responsibility. You want ten years of war in Iraq? Then ammo up, and lets have a draft. If we can't end this war, I'll go if my draft number comes up.

BTW: The peace corps typically gets three times more applicants, than they can accept.

Forum List

Back