Amish families exempt from insurance mandate

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
As well as other "consciencious objectors".

HEALTH REFORM: People with religious objections can opt out
By MARC HELLER, TIMES WASHINGTON CORRESPONDENT
SATURDAY, JANUARY 9, 2010

WASHINGTON — Federal health care reform will require most Northern New Yorkers — but not all, it turns out — to carry health insurance or risk a fine.

Hundreds of Amish families in the region are likely to be free from that requirement.

The Amish, as well as some other religious sects, are covered by a "religious conscience" exemption, which allows people with religious objections to insurance to opt out of the mandate. It is in both the House and Senate versions of the bill, making its appearance in the final version routine unless there are last-minute objections.
Watertown Daily Times | Amish families exempt from insurance mandate

As well as other "consciencious objectors".

HEALTH REFORM: People with religious objections can opt out
By MARC HELLER, TIMES WASHINGTON CORRESPONDENT
SATURDAY, JANUARY 9, 2010

WASHINGTON — Federal health care reform will require most Northern New Yorkers — but not all, it turns out — to carry health insurance or risk a fine.

Hundreds of Amish families in the region are likely to be free from that requirement.

The Amish, as well as some other religious sects, are covered by a "religious conscience" exemption, which allows people with religious objections to insurance to opt out of the mandate. It is in both the House and Senate versions of the bill, making its appearance in the final version routine unless there are last-minute objections.
Watertown Daily Times | Amish families exempt from insurance mandate

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZiZoRBPLjU&feature=related"]I wonder how Obama will get these people to pay the fine?[/ame]
If congress thinks they will generate revenue from fines to pay for this healthcare bill, they are living in la la land.

Last edited:
Time for me to grow a beard and get a buggy

LOL

Good thing is that if you become an Amite you would still be able to participate in USMB...you'd just have to handwrite all of your posts on parchment paper using a quill dipped in ink, and then have it sent to Gunny via carrier pigeon.

The real challenge would be to get Gunny to be willing to act as your personal secretary and transcribe your note.

So the new Medicaid and Mandate for all Americans bill formly known as healthcare reform lets groups exempt themselves from the Mandate based on whatever criteria are in the bill. I can see a whole new cottage industry of shills setting up on how to start your own Govt. approved exempt group. Whats sad about all this, is that people are still calling this healthcare reform.

Time for me to grow a beard and get a buggy

LOL

Good thing is that if you become an Amite you would still be able to participate in USMB...you'd just have to handwrite all of your posts on parchment paper using a quill dipped in ink, and then have it sent to Gunny via carrier pigeon.

The real challenge would be to get Gunny to be willing to act as your personal secretary and transcribe your note.
I prefer wood carvings and the primitive printing press... but I do believe the Amish can indeed use the postal system, so no pigeon needed ;)

The amish are not allowed to have electricity or phones in their homes, but strangely their religion does not forbid them in their barns and businesses :)

The amish are not allowed to have electricity or phones in their homes, but strangely their religion does not forbid them in their barns and businesses :)

You are painfully stupid. Make sure you have insurance to cover the required treatment.

Forum List

Back