Amiericans - Australia Wants You!

OZ is not, I think, a good long term play if one is considering uprooting oneself to make a life elsewhere.

But life there does seem pretty sweet for the working classes.

I used to regularly post on a board with a few OZZIES and the salary and bennies they got for their jobs was way better than what they'd make doing the same jobs here in the USA.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

Gotta be honest... I'd love to visit Australia. Australians - that I've met - seem very 'American'. LOL

seems, at least unscientifically, aussies aren't overly thrilled with importing U.S. workers.

US workers to fill shortages in Australia

i don't see anything there about importing lawyers.

cretins. :razz:

Lawyers are not an exportable product. Sorry Jillian ;)
With a little bit of marketing genius, maybe we can change that?

;)

seems, at least unscientifically, aussies aren't overly thrilled with importing U.S. workers.

That's because we have our clueless trash down here, too. Note it is to fulfil a skills shortage. IOW, they are importing folk who can fill jobs that there are no enough Aussies to fill. Nobody is getting their job taken, they are trying to fill positions that no Aussie is trained to do

OZ is not, I think, a good long term play if one is considering uprooting oneself to make a life elsewhere.

I used to regularly post on a board with a few OZZIES and the salary and bennies they got for their jobs was way better than what they'd make doing the same jobs here in the USA.

Why not a good long-term play? It's called the Lucky Country for a reason...;o)

Correct,they are deemed lower than a Used Car Salesman.........I think GREED has something to do with it,or charging $45 to post a letter ect,.tl:mad:

In case any of you lot opt for a life down under, and wonder where all the Australians who are between the ages of 18 - 35 have all pissed-off to, don't worry, they're all safe and sound in England. Same goes for the Kiwis and South Africans. Having said that, at least they can hold their liquor.

Australia's a notoriously 'white' country, too, for whoever that'll invariably appeal to.

Why not a good long-term play? It's called the Lucky Country for a reason...;o)

I think OZ's environmental problems are going to become a serious problem for one thing

I also think OZ's happy economy is mostly based on economic developments in Asia and I suspect that's headed for a breakdown, too. Sooner or later, for example, China's workers are going to DEMAND THEIR WORKERS' RIGHTS and then that economic miracle (one based entirely on worker exploitation) is going to be somewhat less miraculous.

Still I continue to be very impressed with Oz's society as it regards workers incomes, benefits and rights.

Would that this nation were so socially ADVANCED.

Last edited:

Correct,they are deemed lower than a Used Car Salesman.........I think GREED has something to do with it,or charging $45 to post a letter ect,.tl:mad:

only $45t?? you got off cheao. but feel free to write the letter yourself?

oh.. .and negged for being a piece of garbage... :thup:

Forum List

Back