Amid Controversy Over Obama's Green Jobs Adviser, GOP Renews Criticism of White House

Most of the other "czars" are various positions inside the Executive Office of the President. And guess what? Many of those positions already existed and some of them require Senate confirmation.

Aneesh Chopra, the "Technology Czar", is the Chief Technology Officer and was confirmed by the Senate on May 21st.
Cass Sunstein, the "Regulatory Czar", heads the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. This post was created by Carter 1980.
John Holdren, the "Science Czar", heads the Office of Science and Technology Policy, which was created during by Ford in 1976. He was confirmed on March 19th.
Jeffery Crowley, the "AIDS Czar", heads the Office of National AIDS Policy, which was created during the Clinton administration.
Joshua DuBois, the "Faith Based Czar" heads the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, a creation of the Bush administration.
John Brennan, the "Terrorism Czar", was appointed to the exact same position by Bush in 2004.

Or they're special advisers to the president, resulting in absurdity like the following:

Breaking: Bush's "Election Czar" Karl Rove wasn't confirmed by the Senate either.

See how silly this game can get?

Let's see how many cons here have a problem with a future Republican President being held to the same standard.

my position wont change

Could have fooled me, since you had no problem with Bush's Abstinence Czar. Or his Bird Flu Czar. Or his Katrina Czar. Or his Bioethics Czar.

Could have fooled me, since you had no problem with Bush's Abstinence Czar. Or his Bird Flu Czar. Or his Katrina Czar. Or his Bioethics Czar.

I think you are confusing ignorance of Bush's Czars with support of them.

A new video has surfaced showing President Obama's green jobs adviser suggesting that only white students commit mass school killings like Columbine as Republicans renew criticisms of the large number of so-called "czars" in the White House.

Van Jones, the founder of Green for All, which focuses on creating environmentally friendly jobs in poor areas, has come under withering attacks in recent days following revelations that he called Republicans "assholes" and that he once signed a petition supporting the "9/11 truther" movement, which claims that the the Bush administration allowed the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to happen.

In the latest video to surface, Jones is seen in December 2005 making controversial statements on the racial differences in school violence.

"You've never seen a Columbine done by a black child. Never," he said. "They always say, 'We can't believe it happened here. We can't believe it was these suburban white kids.' It's only them. Now a black kid might shoot another black kid

Amid Controversy Over Obama's Green Jobs Adviser, GOP Renews Criticism of White House Czars - Political News - FOXNews.com

:lol:

shit's gonna hit the fan on Tuesday.
They do all seem to be white right wing nuts.

Once again we see the standard defense of Obama, bring up Bush.

Bush was an asshole, get over him.

Back to reality, this 'Czar' business is out of hand, Obama has left vacant half the cabinent postions that are supposed to be vetted and approved by Congress and instead placed his 'Czars' in postions to make decisions and they have ZERO oversite.

This should be a concern to everyone.

Actually if you read the whole thread and don't take it out of context it was originally brought up by DC and we took advantage of it to slap at possibly the worst Administration this country has ever seen.
That being said how many laws have the Czar's passed? and while your using the Google to look that up maybe you can tell us how many Czar's the previous administration had.
I'll check back later for your answer.

threads merged~del
Maybe you need to become politically more evolved to understand that using what others did as an excuse is not a valid justifacation for doing the wrong thing.

I am probaly the worst person here to try and use that excuse on as I oppose ALL political parties as I have long found that people put aside morality and ethics in defense of 'the party.'

I'm not interested in 'looking up' how many 'laws' czars have passed because that is a moronic statement as only Congress can pass laws.

The problem is you have unvetted people making decisions that are not confirmed by congress as is required by the Constitution. In Obama's case its the most agregious as his party holds huge majorites in both houses and could confirm anyone they liked and the opposition party could not prevent it.

Instead Obama chooses to circumvent the system.

Why?

That is the question you should be extremly concerned about.

Obama was elected president not dictator.

You never raised a single word of criticism.
as was pointed out earlier, lack of criticism is not proof of support

Play the little word games all you want. The reality is you didn't criticize them because you didn't care, which is fine. Just cut the crap of pretending your position has been consistent.
my position has been consistant

in fact i opposed them being created back when they first started them under Nixon
since they were an extra-constitutional office

Last edited:
And yet you wait until now to make your first words of criticism? Yeah, that's bullshit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back