Ameriphobia

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
After 9/11, somebody coined the term "Islamaphobia". The term is often used to describe anybody that would express a negative attitude about Islamism.
How come the same people don't accuse people such as those that have recently attacked American embassy's of having "Ameriphobia"? The term could be used to describe anybody that has a negative attitude about America.

After 9/11, somebody coined the term "Islamaphobia". The term is often used to describe anybody that would express a negative attitude about Islamism.
How come the same people don't accuse people such as those that have recently attacked American embassy's of having "Ameriphobia"? The term could be used to describe anybody that has a negative attitude about America.

"Phobia" means FEAR, not a "negative attitude".

There is no PHOBIA of Americans. There is a STRONG negative attitude towards Americans.

Therefore, the term "Ameriphobia" is not valid.

Last edited:

There is no PHOBIA of Americans. There is a STRONG negative attitude towards Americans.

I would say the same applies to the term Islamaphobia, yet look how it is used.
See the term "homophobia" for another example of the bastardization of "phobia".
I know what "phobia" means, but look how it used by those claiming things such as 'Islamaphobia".

Tell that to the people in the Middle East fighting the C.I.A. backed "Arab Spring".

Of course there is fear. A deep fear of everything we are and everything they assume we are.

It’s possible the OP is attempting to make a point, however inane – something along the lines of a ‘double-standard,’ where those who are quick to condemn individuals unjustly critical of Islam are suddenly ‘silent’ when America is attacked.

There is of course no double-standard; as products of an enlightened, just, and tolerant society, Americans are expected to understand that the actions of individuals are not representative of a race, ethnic group, or religion overall; to perceive otherwise is clearly irrational.

It’s possible the OP is attempting to make a point, however inane – something along the lines of a ‘double-standard,’ where those who are quick to condemn individuals unjustly critical of Islam are suddenly ‘silent’ when America is attacked.

There is of course no double-standard; as products of an enlightened, just, and tolerant society, Americans are expected to understand that the actions of individuals are not representative of a race, ethnic group, or religion overall; to perceive otherwise is clearly irrational.

Fuck you

See the term "homophobia" for another example of the bastardization of "phobia".
I know what "phobia" means, but look how it used by those claiming things such as 'Islamaphobia".

I agree with you. But if Americans decided they are afraid of Islam or pederasts...

Tell that to the people in the Middle East fighting the C.I.A. backed "Arab Spring".

I don't think they fight out of FEAR...

Of course there is fear. A deep fear of everything we are and everything they assume we are.

Of course there is a case to argue that any normal person can be APPREHENSIVE of an armed lunatic... It still does not amount to fear.

Calling it a phobia trivializes it.

We hate assholes that try to murder us. We don't fear them.

Given half a chance we could destroy everything they hold dear but we choose not to.

If the shoe was on the other foot I doubt they would be obliged to be so restrained.

Of course there is a case to argue that any normal person can be APPREHENSIVE of an armed lunatic... It still does not amount to fear.

It amounts to phobia if you base your decisions about what other people can do here on the actions of those armed lunatics on the other side of the world.

The term "Islamaphobia" was coined by CAIR, ISNA, and other Islamic organizations to combat us asking legitamate questions about who they are and what their goals are.

If you have questions, you can be labelled an "Islamaphobe" and be marginalized.

Just ask Michelle Bauchmann :eusa_whistle:

Our gov't is being infiltrated by the Muslim Brotherhood and you are not allowed to ask why... :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back