americia personal liberty or the "good" of the whole

You would have to be specific. Specific things can fall either way. Also you would have to define your terms, what you think is freedom may not be what the majority thinks. Personal Liberty has limits in a society. Just as the needs of the many may have limits as well.

Interesting question. I am under the impression that more dictatorships are created for 'the good of the whole" than for personal liberty.

I agree .Its not absolute but I believe the good of the whole is in fact ultimately best served through personal liberty .it is something I am concerned we are losing sight of as a nation

I agree .Its not absolute but I believe the good of the whole is in fact ultimately best served through personal liberty .it is something I am concerned we are losing sight of as a nation

Once again, specifics. Personal Liberty is a broad term that can mean anything and can and does include things that are NOT for the Good of the whole. Just as the Good of the whole is a broad term that can mean just about anything and used in such a broad way can in fact be dangerous to the whole.

You would have to be specific. Specific things can fall either way. Also you would have to define your terms, what you think is freedom may not be what the majority thinks. Personal Liberty has limits in a society. Just as the needs of the many may have limits as well.

The question is prompted by my telling him/her/it that good of the whole (US Messageboard) supercedes his/her/its individual desire to rant wherever he/she/it pleases, and disrupt anyone and/or any forum.

Getting the same crap from another member as well. It seems they believe any and every forum is fair game for them to disrupt at their whim.

That would be your specifics.

The question is prompted by my telling him/her/it that good of the whole (US Messageboard) supercedes his/her/its individual desire to rant wherever he/she/it pleases, and disrupt anyone and/or any forum.

Getting the same crap from another member as well. It seems they believe any and every forum is fair game for them to disrupt at their whim.

That would be your specifics.

I simply asked a question of intrest to me seeking opinions.. could you please keep you paranoid self obsessed conspiracy's out of my thread ,it is disruptive and does not serve the Good of the whole

I simply asked a question of intrest to me seeking opinions.. could you please keep you paranoid self obsessed conspiracy's out of my thread ,it is disruptive and does not serve the Good of the whole

Well, other than the fact that I put up with two days of your ranting via PM, I guess I wouldn't have a reason to KNOW what you're on here flapping at the gums about.

Why not try using a little G-2, if you have any, and take your little self to the legal forum and look at the thread titled Freedom of Speech? This topic was already covered "while you were away.":cool:

Personal Liberty so long as it doesn't cross the line and endanger the whole is my general take on it.

Example: I believe you should be able to do anything you please to your own body. But, the moment your "doing" something puts another person at risk then your right stops. Drinking is personal liberty, Drinking and driving is endangering others. Thus you do not have the right to drink and drive.

You do understand that there is no personal liberty at all in a private place right?

no dees not this pretty

Are you sure?

506236_150x100.jpg

hrh_dee_snider02.jpg

vh1pesach1.jpg

125731deelzu9.jpg

artist_3147.jpg

Fair enough.. I know who you should dress up as for Halloween next year.

hehehehehe...

NOooo we ain't gonna take it!

for real, dude. Halloween 08.

:thup:

ok. Sorry for throwing a tangent in this very interesting thread. Nothing to see here.. Move along, move along.

"Where freedom is real, equality is the passion of the masses. Where equality is real, freedom is the passion of a small minority." Eric Hoffer

First freedom is an abstraction on its own, free to do, or free from, or even able to do. Can I be free if I don't know what freedom means for you? Maybe your freedom is not my freedom or vise versa. "If I don't know I don't know, I think I know. If I don't know I know, I think I don't know."*

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=50799

"The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do." Eric Hoffer

*R.D. Laing

Forum List

Back