America's Thoughts On Inter-Racial Dating - At Least The Thoughts of 1,116 Americans

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Americans of a certain age recall vividly when interracial dating was widely frowned on, and even led to the lynching of many black men. Those days have seemingly passed, however, according to a new Gallup Poll.

The results, released Tuesday, find that Americans of all races overwhelmingly support interracial dating, with younger people approving nearly unanimously.

Putting these views into action, almost half of all Americans say they have personally dated a person of a different racial/ethnic group, again with younger people in the lead.

Somewhat fewer whites than blacks accept interracial dating, but their support is still strong.

There is no longer even a double standard on the gender involved, with 71% the entire sample approving a black man dating a white woman and 75% backing a white man dating a black woman.

In all, 69% of Hispanics say they have dated someone of a different racial or ethnic group, 52% of blacks say this and 45% of whites. There is some gender difference among blacks, with 64% of African-American men saying they have dated a non-black and 42% of black women saying this.

The survey was based on polling 1,116 total adults.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001264046

------

According to the World Fact Book, the estimated population of the United States in July 2005 is 295,734,134.

Gallup interviewed 1,116 adults for this poll.

"Overwhelmingly support interracial dating."

Yeah....it is overwhelming. 1,116 of 296,734,134.

GotZoom said:
Americans of a certain age recall vividly when interracial dating was widely frowned on, and even led to the lynching of many black men. Those days have seemingly passed, however, according to a new Gallup Poll.

The results, released Tuesday, find that Americans of all races overwhelmingly support interracial dating, with younger people approving nearly unanimously.

Putting these views into action, almost half of all Americans say they have personally dated a person of a different racial/ethnic group, again with younger people in the lead.

Somewhat fewer whites than blacks accept interracial dating, but their support is still strong.

There is no longer even a double standard on the gender involved, with 71% the entire sample approving a black man dating a white woman and 75% backing a white man dating a black woman.

In all, 69% of Hispanics say they have dated someone of a different racial or ethnic group, 52% of blacks say this and 45% of whites. There is some gender difference among blacks, with 64% of African-American men saying they have dated a non-black and 42% of black women saying this.

The survey was based on polling 1,116 total adults.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001264046

------

According to the World Fact Book, the estimated population of the United States in July 2005 is 295,734,134.

Gallup interviewed 1,116 adults for this poll.

"Overwhelmingly support interracial dating."

Yeah....it is overwhelming. 1,116 of 296,734,134.
Are you saying you don't support interracial dating?

i have always thought inter-racial dating was healthy for the world population.

The best example/analogy I can think of is with breeds of dogs. Because of standards set by the AKC, there is so much in-breeding in show dogs just to keep the bloodlines pure, because the choices for mating certain breeds are limited if you want to breed purebreds for show.

If we all kept within our own 'breed' (white, black, whatever), we would eventually run out of options because we would be limited to one particular group.

The ClayTaurus said:
Are you saying you don't support interracial dating?

This reading and comprehending thing is kind of a rough spot with you isn't it?

1. Look at the statements I highlighted in the article.

2. Read my comments.

Your test question:

Does this

A. Seem like I oppose interracial dating

or

B. Seem like I have an issue with Gallup stating that "America Overwhelming..." when only 1,116 people were asked the question.

GotZoom said:
This reading and comprehending thing is kind of a rough spot with you isn't it?

1. Look at the statements I highlighted in the article.

2. Read my comments.

Your test question:

Does this

A. Seem like I oppose interracial dating

or

B. Seem like I have an issue with Gallup stating that "America Overwhelming..." when only 1,116 people were asked the question.

What was the point of posting this? To prove that Gallup uses extrapolation theory when polling?

I'm just curious why you chose interracial dating as the subject of the poll. No need to be an asshole.

The ClayTaurus said:
What was the point of posting this? To prove that Gallup uses extrapolation theory when polling?

I'm just curious why you chose interracial dating as the subject of the poll. No need to be an asshole.

I didn't choose the subject of the poll. Gallup did. But I am flattered that you think I actually tasked Gallup to conduct a poll for me.

My point was solely to question polling 1,116 people and then categorically stating the "America overwhelmingly...."

The article could have been about beastiality, Chuck E. Cheese or whether or not you sit or kneel when tying shoes.

GotZoom said:
I didn't choose the subject of the poll. Gallup did. But I am flattered that you think I actually tasked Gallup to conduct a poll for me.

My point was solely to question polling 1,116 people and then categorically stating the "America overwhelmingly...."

The article could have been about beastiality, Chuck E. Cheese or whether or not you sit or kneel when tying shoes.
That's all I was wondering, people post things on this board with all sorts of passive-agressive ulterior motives. Apologies for thinking you had some.

And there still really isn't a need to be such a condescending ass to me. I didn't think you asked Gallup to conduct a poll for you, I was wondering why, if you were going to make the point you did, you would choose this subject. I probably asked the question in sort of a loaded manner, and so I apologize for that.

Can't we limit the asshole behavior between fellow RX-8'rs? There's so many civic owners to flame...

The ClayTaurus said:
That's all I was wondering, people post things on this board with all sorts of passive-agressive ulterior motives. Apologies for thinking you had some.

No worries.

The ClayTaurus said:
And there still really isn't a need to be such a condescending ass to me. I didn't think you asked Gallup to conduct a poll for you, I was wondering why, if you were going to make the point you did, you would choose this subject. I probably asked the question in sort of a loaded manner, and so I apologize for that.

No worries.

The ClayTaurus said:
Can't we limit the asshole behavior between fellow RX-8'rs? There's so many civic owners to flame...

Really? Well, a new found respect for you then on my part. And I agree with you about the civics......it's just so easy though....

GotZoom said:
No worries.

No worries.

Really? Well, a new found respect for you then on my part. And I agree with you about the civics......it's just so easy though....

A girl pulled up next to me in a right turn only lane with FATF type GRAFFIX! on her car and looked over like she was gonna do something. The light turned and she punched it to try and get around me... so sad really. It only took half my gas pedal.

Anyhow, I'll try and watch how i load my questions, just don't slaughter the shit out of me the next time, I'm not trolling.

The ClayTaurus said:
A girl pulled up next to me in a right turn only lane with FATF type GRAFFIX! on her car and looked over like she was gonna do something. The light turned and she punched it to try and get around me... so sad really. It only took half my gas pedal.

I get that all the time. The loud fart cans, revving their engines at the lights. I don't race - but I have been known to leave a few wannabes on the twisties.

The ClayTaurus said:
Anyhow, I'll try and watch how i load my questions, just don't slaughter the shit out of me the next time, I'm not trolling.

Fair enough. Deal.

Abbey Normal said:
Dumb, dumb queston, but... does the 8 stand for V-8?

Never a dumb question.

It doesn't. There was previously a RX-7 with a Rotary Engine. Then Mazda made another car with a rotary engine - and decided to call it the RX - 8.

Rotary engine is only 1.3 liter but is much more powerful than it sounds.

Duh! I remember the RX-7. It seems like it was around for along time.

I miss the feeling of being the first one off the light.

On a similar note, I finally figured out your screen name the other day... :thup:

Abbey Normal said:
Duh! I remember the RX-7. It seems like it was around for along time.

I miss the feeling of being the first one off the light.

On a similar note, I finally figured out your screen name the other day... :thup:
Zooms?

Forum List

Back