America's Terminal Decline

course the country is certainly changing and it is changing for the worse . I see the vast difference between my life as a kid and young adult , and then adult and these new upcoming generation has it pretty nasty compared to my life experience Moonglow .

Agreed. Some things were better back then and some things were worse. But without a doubt, there has been a moral decay since we were kids.

At family gatherings we often discuss the good ole days. My nephew and niece listening to our conversation sit there in disbelief. They ask questions like "You were allowed to do what? They didn't arrest you back then for that??" They think it's unheard of that people used to work seven days a week or had two jobs to get ahead in life. Most didn't go to college and became blue collar workers.

I got a feeling that a lot of people would rename their new country to something to

The country formerly known as the Soviet Union

Ha...You had hard workers and you had bums, like every generation...When the evangelicals got their grubby little paws on the reigns of power they were going to show us who knew what was right and wrong...

This country will outlive you and me...
------------------------------- and as a practical matter that's all that I am worried about Moonglow !!
Once you're worm dirt, what the heck difference will it make..

Passing on a better country than you lived in is what made this country great. Our parents worked night and day so we could have a good life. It's our job to do the same.
I'm passed that age of working day and night, it's up to my kids in their 20's and 30's to pick up the mantle and determine their children's future...I've done about all I can..Except be the dawg or the monkey on the front porch..
-------------------------------------- respectfully , --------------------- but that's a bad attitude in my opinion . Glad that the guys that fought overseas in WW2 didn't have that attitude .

"America's Terminal Decline"

Is a ridiculous lie contrived by the reprehensible right; this idiotic thread is yet another example of republicans' politics of fear, further proof that the GOP has nothing of value or merit to offer the American people – just lies.

------------------------------- and as a practical matter that's all that I am worried about Moonglow !!
Once you're worm dirt, what the heck difference will it make..

Passing on a better country than you lived in is what made this country great. Our parents worked night and day so we could have a good life. It's our job to do the same.
I'm passed that age of working day and night, it's up to my kids in their 20's and 30's to pick up the mantle and determine their children's future...I've done about all I can..Except be the dawg or the monkey on the front porch..
-------------------------------------- respectfully , --------------------- but that's a bad attitude in my opinion . Glad that the guys that fought overseas in WW2 didn't have that attitude .
What difference does it make, once you are almost crippled and at a certain age, you know that there is no such living as you once did...Just the facts,,,Ma-am...

Agreed. Some things were better back then and some things were worse. But without a doubt, there has been a moral decay since we were kids.
I think that cultural decay is at the foundation of most of the problems we face.

And if that's the case, we have to repair that before we can fix or improve anything politically.

"America's Terminal Decline"

Is a ridiculous lie contrived by the reprehensible right; this idiotic thread is yet another example of republicans' politics of fear, further proof that the GOP has nothing of value or merit to offer the American people – just lies.
The GOP has been the dark edifice of depression and dread for several years now...

I think that cultural decay is at the foundation of most of the problems we face.

And if that's the case, we have to repair that before we can fix or improve anything politically.
There is no decay, simply a change in the numbers representing an ideology, culture or activity...Even the whey Americans are eating is changing.....And nothing you do can stop it..Just like fashion....Enjoy the ride, before it's over....

Funny how this escaped you from 2000 up until 2009 Frank57 when the most damage was done? :eusa_eh: Wonder why that would escape your notice? :eusa_think: OH!! THATS RIGHT!!! :up: because you're a partisan hack :eusa_clap:

Did you read the OP? The Bush's are part of the problem as mush as Obama
I'm saying- why did you decide to awaken from your slumber only when "the black guy" got elected. Don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question. I knew the country was being given over to the 1% back in 2000 and even before that

course the country is certainly changing and it is changing for the worse . I see the vast difference between my life as a kid and young adult , and then adult and these new upcoming generation has it pretty nasty compared to my life experience Moonglow .
We had no cake ride.. I don't know about yous...
------------------------------ everything was available to me , pretty good paying jobs , cars , material things and most importantly freedoms that I see disappearing nowadays . And no one ever thought of Healthcare or SAFETY which are 2 items that the gov uses to restrict personal FREEDOM and RIGHTS Moonglow !!

Don't worry! The solution is in process. We're going to replace The Constitution with Sharia Law!

Hopenchange!

Now we'll have a Real Rape Culture!
Good luck with that...You can't get the majority to go to church regularly...
-------------------------- difference with islam is that islam and its 'sharia' law is forced on people . See iran and other majority muslim countries Moonglow .

Don't worry! The solution is in process. We're going to replace The Constitution with Sharia Law!

Hopenchange!

Now we'll have a Real Rape Culture!
broken record grl channeling Snow Snookie. Why you even bother posting is a mystery.

And yet here you are again hanging on my every word!

Shouldn't you be chasing kids off your lawn about this time of day?

We had no cake ride.. I don't know about yous...
------------------------------ everything was available to me , pretty good paying jobs , cars , material things and most importantly freedoms that I see disappearing nowadays . And no one ever thought of Healthcare or SAFETY which are 2 items that the gov uses to restrict personal FREEDOM and RIGHTS Moonglow !!
I use the VA so I am not part of the civilian population healthcare operations...Ever see a Mexican working on a convention center roof top and the wind gusts to 40 mile an hour and he is blown off and killed because his employer does not provide him with a cord which will keep him from being blown off and dying? I have, and I 've seen white guys die because when digging a trench for plumbing or utility upgrades and the sides collapse on the workers smothering him to death because the owner would not build support walls for the deep trench...Safety saves lives..I've worked when there was none, and still work today and even I like to wear a mask when I cut masonry....

Yep, but tongue and cheek aside, I do agree with the OP's premise. I think history will look back and find that the late 1940s through the early 1960s was the pinnacle of our nation's empire. We went over the hill from there and it's been a steady decline since.

There is no decay, simply a change in the numbers representing an ideology, culture or activity...Even the whey Americans are eating is changing.....And nothing you do can stop it..Just like fashion....Enjoy the ride, before it's over....
There was a time they had Lucy & Ricky in separate beds.

We now have people literally shitting on television for our amusement.

The amount of denial it takes to not see decay must be gargantuan.

Forum List

Back