America's Shame: Adopted Kid Returned

There is a mindset in this country, where couples picture the perfect cookie-cutter children, then go ape-feces when the kids turn out to be human beings and real kids. Kids have real problems. This woman in Tennessee has shamed America. She didn't try to work with it...she didn't try treatment...she didn't try counselling...my God, isn't America supposed to be THE country for sources to help kids? Nope. She did squat and now we have an international incident whether you like it or not. Thousands waiting to adopt, most of them probably decent prospective parents, are now going to suffer the ire of Russian officials.

If you had adopted a foreign kid, would you throw up your hands and shove him onto a plane...7 years old...ALONE...with a freaking note pinned to him in English and ship him to Russia unannounced? Is that what you are advocating?

Yes, it is now an international incident and another very black mark on Americans in general. Get over it. That's what the rest of the world is going to see!

and if the rest of the World looks at it like you do,....then thats their problem....as well as yours.....i dont blame the N.Korean people for imprisoning that American dude.....i dont blame the Iranian people for the bullshit their leader spews.....and i certainly will not blame the American people for what some assholes of this country do.....in spite of the stupidity you seem to think everyone has NM....most of the people on this planet are smart enough to figure this out....to bad your not....

Did you make that graphic all by yourself or did your Mommy help you?

Hey... this is what? The Third Spamming post you've advanced personally and I expect that such has resulted in at least a half dozen others you've inspired by your gal-pals ?

Which is trolling ain't it? And wouldn't chronic spam/trolling be a function of enflaming the discussion?

I think I should warn you, fellow member; that your actions here are at odds with the rules of this forum and as such I've been forced to report these violations to the staff, responsible for enforcing these rules.

against the rules? The damn admin and moderators troll around the forum, there are no rules here

You're free to leave...

Hey... this is what? The Third Spamming post you've advanced personally and I expect that such has resulted in at least a half dozen others you've inspired by your gal-pals ?

Which is trolling ain't it? And wouldn't chronic spam/trolling be a function of enflaming the discussion?

I think I should warn you, fellow member; that your actions here are at odds with the rules of this forum and as such I've been forced to report these violations to the staff, responsible for enforcing these rules.

against the rules? The damn admin and moderators troll around the forum, there are no rules here

You're free to leave...

You're free to ignore me stalker.

Did you make that graphic all by yourself or did your Mommy help you?

Fuck off. :cool:

And miss all the opportunities to mock you unintelligent dribble?

Not a fucking chance Mr Gregg...
Go right ahead, you may learn something as its obvious you have no idea what intelligence is

One only needs to read your posts to determine that there is a high probability you barely finished high school...

I could furnish examples of your lack of intelligence, but in all honesty you do that with each post you make... Your incoherent ramblings are a source of laughter for many here and my hope is that you continue to exhibit your natural ability in this capacity often...

I look forward to your next accession...

Go right ahead, you may learn something as its obvious you have no idea what intelligence is

Dr. Gregg thinks spell check means his message is clear. Never mind he leaves out words on a regualr basis. For some reason he thinks a degree validates he's smart. Not only that but THE smartest person here. I challenge him and ask for a link to his sources and rarely does he supply one. Just an opinionated troll.

Anyways, the thread is about adoption and an unfortunate situation in the US. I'm going to take the interview of a local law enforcement officer on TV this morning, as the mother or grandmother did not seek assistance from them. She told them she got online advice from a lawyer to return the child to Russia. Pretty clear the mother and grandmother are unfit. The missing piece is, was this kid a mass murderer in the making?

I stated why, it takes forever and their is so much bureaucracy to overcome in order to adopt in the US, hence why people go to foreign countries, which are often much easier in adopting a child

True to a degree... but...

There is a ridiculous amount of bureaucracy to adopt a child... but I can't imagine anyone concluding that it's sufficient to run off to another country and adopt a child elsewhere.

The most common reason is that the potential Parent is looking for an infant or a toddler... And they aren't rigged for Foster care... where one can foster an infant for many years, only to have the system snatch that child without warning... literally, the child goes off to school and doesn't come home... the case worker just calls and sets an appointment to pick up their belongings... having already returned them to the custody of their birth parents, who finally, again.. YEARS LATER... worked up the steam to cross the minimal mandated threshold... It'll crush the life right out of ya.

But adoption is a very difficult thing... I know of no good reason why this idiot did what she did... To say she was wrong is a world class understatement.

But the OP's construct is bizarre... irrational to it's core... and frankly, it just flat pissed me off.

You can't imagine that people will go to foreign countries to adopt but yet that's exactly what many do. My old boss went to a foreign country to adopt because it was nearly impossible to adopt in this country

DG... Adoption is not nearly impossible in this country. That's simply not true. It's an incomprehensible pain in the ass... in our case we had to endure numerous "Parenting" classes... and so on... Home inspections and untold expenses.

But it happened and it only took a year...

Again, in my experience most folks who go to other countries go their because they want to adopt a baby. Babies are the first to be adopted here... MOST children up for adoption are NOT babies.

But I hear what you're saying and offer not contest beyond that clarification.

She only had him for six months and chances are that he didn't even speak English. He didn't want to be here and he lashed out like any child might. But with that said, children who are abused, neglected, and/or have had no bonding with caring adults for 7 yrs could become sociopaths. What this woman did was reprehensible; but it's a cautionary tale to anyone considering foreign adoptions of school aged children. Abandoned children have a hard time trusting.

Maybe you will someday learn that in order to have true intelligence, you need to be aware of what you don't know.

Unfortunately, I think your pride will get you in dangerous situations in your life.

Dr. Gregg thinks spell check means his message is clear. Never mind he leaves out words on a regualr basis. For some reason he thinks a degree validates he's smart. Not only that but THE smartest person here. I challenge him and ask for a link to his sources and rarely does he supply one. Just an opinionated troll.

Anyways, the thread is about adoption and an unfortunate situation in the US. I'm going to take the interview of a local law enforcement officer on TV this morning, as the mother or grandmother did not seek assistance from them. She told them she got online advice from a lawyer to return the child to Russia. Pretty clear the mother and grandmother are unfit. The missing piece is, was this kid a mass murderer in the making?

He has a degree? I didn't know that.

But then degrees have never really impressed me. They are just very convenient to getting in the door when you start off your career. After that, its all what you've done.

I'm of the opinion that perhaps the Russians should be a tad more careful about who they allow to adopt their children.

And, that 'Mother' should be ashame of herself. So should her mother. But there the shame ends. It is not the country's fault.

Joseph LaBarbera, a clinical psychologist at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, said adoptive parents are many times not aware of the psychological state of children put up for adoption.

"Parents enter into it (foreign adoption) with positive motivations but, in a sense, they are a little bit blindsided by their desire to adopt," said LaBarbera, who specializes in the psychological evaluation of children and has worked with a number of children adopted from Russia and other foreign countries. "They're not prepared to appreciate, psychologically, the kinds of conditions these kids have been exposed to and the effect it has had on them."

A woman (and her husband) that I went to high school with adopted two children from Romania about 20 years ago. The daughter, who's 17 or 18 now, has some problems in the ADD range but otherwise is ok. Her son, who is 19 or 20 now, has severe problems that no one could pinpoint or diagnose. While I don't know all the details from what I was told his problem were/are psychological and behavioral. He was adopted as a baby and I know the family has gone through so much in caring and providing for him and it has been very, very difficult for them all.

Adopting a child, or having your own . . there are no guarantees. I don't know how much information is provided or available on the background of these kids when they are adopted from a foreign country. Is their background embellished so they get adopted?

Very, very sad situation. FWIW, I'd say there is much, much more to this story than has been told.

Last edited:
Yes, there are thousands and thousands of childless Americans who are hoping to adopt from South America, China...and Russia.

A woman in Tennessee took her 7-year-old Russian boy, put him on a plane alone with a note pinned to him, saying (in English) "she didn't want him anymore."

Russia is pissed and is now thinking about halting all adoptings to the USA. Who can blame them?

Is this about some stupid, heartless woman in Tennessee? Or is this about Americans treating their kids as objects, possessions? "Oh, I want to adopt a kid so people will look up to me, but he/she must be picture-perfect?" Is this the Madonna mentality...adopting her black kids as tokens to her glitzy world? Is this rush it back to Wal-Mart after you've tried it and used it and don't understand it and want your money back?

Shame on America. Yet more shame on America. Shame on Tennessee.

Who is this hack
who takes one instance of bad behavior to generalize an entire country?

:wtf:

Morons abound.

I agree zoom. And how sad for those 700,000 kids waiting to be adopted. If a "country" should be shamed; it's Russia. They are "punishing" America for the actions of one crazy bitch? No. They are punishing the orphans. The prospective American parents will just look elswhere. China has plenty of girl babies.

I don't what I find funnier, this post or the fact PI is playing wannabe cop after what is probably the longest "vacation" in USMB history. :lol:

This sounds like a job for:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iteRKvRKFA]YouTube - Magnificent Seven Theme[/ame]

I agree zoom. And how sad for those 700,000 kids waiting to be adopted. If a "country" should be shamed; it's Russia. They are "punishing" America for the actions of one crazy bitch? No. They are punishing the orphans. The prospective American parents will just look elswhere. China has plenty of girl babies.

With the way the male/female ratio is going in China, they may want to keep them.

Though hopefully Russia will relent and see that the actions of one crazed woman does not represent this country.

actually china doesnt have plenty of girl babies....that is a misnomer now...

russia uses foreign adoptions to dump the worst of their mental and physical problems ....their reasoning is simply and may be true..the kids will get better medical treatment in the us...there are no shortage of kids to adopt in the us...so why did she go there...perhaps she did not or could not meet the requirements of adoption in this country...i wonder just how lax the requirements are in russia...or can you simply buy a child?

reports i have read..said the child was threatening to burn the house with them in it...scarey....at best...

i do not understand sending him back to russia but perhaps she was afraid of the foster care system here or perhaps the legal system.

Forum List

Back