America's Shame: Adopted Kid Returned

There's alot of american orphans here in America needing parents, why go to another country. Americans selling out their country in all things.

because if you adopt a child in this country, the birth mother can change her mind after giving you the child.

that's why.

There's children in orphanages with no mothers.

Yes, there are thousands and thousands of childless Americans who are hoping to adopt from South America, China...and Russia.

A woman in Tennessee took her 7-year-old Russian boy, put him on a plane alone with a note pinned to him, saying (in English) "she didn't want him anymore."

Russia is pissed and is now thinking about halting all adoptings to the USA. Who can blame them?

Is this about some stupid, heartless woman in Tennessee? Or is this about Americans treating their kids as objects, possessions? "Oh, I want to adopt a kid so people will look up to me, but he/she must be picture-perfect?" Is this the Madonna mentality...adopting her black kids as tokens to her glitzy world? Is this rush it back to Wal-Mart after you've tried it and used it and don't understand it and want your money back?

Shame on America. Yet more shame on America. Shame on Tennessee.

How many kids have you adopted?

Relevance?

This evening I sent the following email to the Shelbyville AG's offices. You can do the same, if you have a heart for that poor kid:

XXX XXXXXX <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirs:

I strongly urge your offices and the Attorneys General therein to consider gross negligence and child abuse charges be filed against Nancy Hansen, the Shelbyville woman who sent her 7-year-old adoptive son back to Moscow all alone. Her actions are, in my opinion, reprehensible, illegal and personally disgusting. This is now an international incident, and we need to show that child abuse and/or neglect is not without consequences in our country.

Respectfully yours,

XXXX X. XXXXXX
XXX XXXXXXX AVE. X.X. #XX
Albuquerque NM XXXXX

505-XXX-XXXX

[email protected]

Yes, there are thousands and thousands of childless Americans who are hoping to adopt from South America, China...and Russia.

A woman in Tennessee took her 7-year-old Russian boy, put him on a plane alone with a note pinned to him, saying (in English) "she didn't want him anymore."

Russia is pissed and is now thinking about halting all adoptings to the USA. Who can blame them?

Is this about some stupid, heartless woman in Tennessee? Or is this about Americans treating their kids as objects, possessions? "Oh, I want to adopt a kid so people will look up to me, but he/she must be picture-perfect?" Is this the Madonna mentality...adopting her black kids as tokens to her glitzy world? Is this rush it back to Wal-Mart after you've tried it and used it and don't understand it and want your money back?

Well?

I'm asking you to inform the board of the precise number of children that you've adopted?

You've made very specific judgments here... impuning HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE... including TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE who HAVE ADOPTED children... often FAR LESS THAN ANYTHING REMOTELY RESEMBLING PERFECTION... who have NOT abandoned them, DESPITE HAVING SUBJECTED THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES TO RIDICULOUSLY FUCKED UP HUMAN BEINGS... UNSPEAKABLE TORMENT AND UNBEARABLE PAIN...

Now again... How many children HAVE YOU ADOPTED?

You dumbass, he answer your question in post 21. You really are a dumbshit with a thesaurus.

There's alot of american orphans here in America needing parents, why go to another country. Americans selling out their country in all things.

I stated why, it takes forever and their is so much bureaucracy to overcome in order to adopt in the US, hence why people go to foreign countries, which are often much easier in adopting a child

Well?

I'm asking you to inform the board of the precise number of children that you've adopted?

You've made very specific judgments here... impuning HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE... including TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE who HAVE ADOPTED children... at SUBSTANTIAL TIME AND EXPENSE... FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS... often KNOWINGLY adopting FAR LESS THAN ANYTHING REMOTELY RESEMBLING PERFECTION... who have NOT abandoned those children, DESPITE HAVING SUBJECTED THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES TO RIDICULOUSLY FUCKED UP HUMAN BEINGS... UNSPEAKABLE TORMENT AND UNBEARABLE PAIN...

Now again... How many children HAVE YOU ADOPTED?

Don't be shy... It's not a trap... The answer is OBVIOUS... because NO ONE who's ever gone through what one has to go through in adopting a child would ever say something as profoundly stupid as what you've stated on this board... AND IN WRITING FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Edit:

Three. How many have you adopted?

You're a liar... the basis of which is noted above.

And to answer your question, I've adopted one. Specifically a 13 year old who had been in the Foster care system since she was 5 years old...

There isn't much about adopting a child that I do not know... there isn't much about people who adopt children that I don't know and all of that informs me that you've not only never adopted ANYONE... you've never subjected yourself to so much as CARING FOR A CHILD BEYOND YOUR PROGENY...

I stated why, it takes forever and their is so much bureaucracy to overcome in order to adopt in the US, hence why people go to foreign countries, which are often much easier in adopting a child

Make a change in policy.

Actually in some foreign countries it is even harder, but I agree with your post in general. Plus, kids are not objects or merchandise to be bandied about. I have been a child advocate for 30 years and this Hansen woman in Tennessee reportedly couldn't handle Artyom because he was drawing pictures of burning her house down. This child sounds to this advocate like the victim of child abuse. Imagine being in a foreign country, minimal understanding of the language, feeling alone, isolated, defenseless, powerless. This is the only "offense" the 7-year-old could mount.

One of my adopted sons was a special needs and we worked overtime to get those special needs met. This woman Hansen was a nurse, for crying out loud!

I invite you to go down the thread and look at that kid.

My God.

My God.

Why should I be ashamed? I am not this woman. I think she did a stupid and heartless thing.

Im not offended though. Why should I be? Only a fool is offended when no offense is meant and only a bigger fool is offended when offense is meant.

Perhaps Russia needs to be ashamed. Maybe they should take care of their children instead of lying to people about the health of the kids and pawning them up on foreigners who are looking to give their lives to a child.

And how about we make adoption easier in the United States so couples dont have to go to Russia to adopt.

I saw that story on the news.

This is a case of neglect. After an investigation, she should be charged with abandonment.

True to a degree... but...

There is a ridiculous amount of bureaucracy to adopt a child... but I can't imagine anyone concluding that it's sufficient to run off to another country and adopt a child elsewhere.

The most common reason is that the potential Parent is looking for an infant or a toddler... And they aren't rigged for Foster care... where one can foster an infant for many years, only to have the system snatch that child without warning... literally, the child goes off to school and doesn't come home... the case worker just calls and sets an appointment to pick up their belongings... having already returned them to the custody of their birth parents, who finally, again.. YEARS LATER... worked up the steam to cross the minimal mandated threshold... It'll crush the life right out of ya.

But adoption is a very difficult thing... I know of no good reason why this idiot did what she did... To say she was wrong is a world class understatement.

But the OP's construct is bizarre... irrational to it's core... and frankly, it just flat pissed me off.

The investigation may reveal what really is going on. We will probably never know. I guess I just have questions with no answers.

1. Did the adoptive parent ever visit the child before agreeing to be the parent?
2. Are there documented problems that involved the police or social workers?
3. Why didn't she try to get him into foster care?

USMBMODS.png

You dumbass, he answer your question in post 21. You really are a dumbshit with a thesaurus.

Is it just me or do you see Tom Hulce's character in Amadeus in your head when reading pube's posts?

It's like the perfect mixture of foppish and crazy.

you left out stupid.

Forum List

Back