America's Shame: Adopted Kid Returned

True to a degree... but...

There is a ridiculous amount of bureaucracy to adopt a child... but I can't imagine anyone concluding that it's sufficient to run off to another country and adopt a child elsewhere.

The most common reason is that the potential Parent is looking for an infant or a toddler... And they aren't rigged for Foster care... where one can foster an infant for many years, only to have the system snatch that child without warning... literally, the child goes off to school and doesn't come home... the case worker just calls and sets an appointment to pick up their belongings... having already returned them to the custody of their birth parents, who finally, again.. YEARS LATER... worked up the steam to cross the minimal mandated threshold... It'll crush the life right out of ya.

But adoption is a very difficult thing... I know of no good reason why this idiot did what she did... To say she was wrong is a world class understatement.

But the OP's construct is bizarre... irrational to it's core... and frankly, it just flat pissed me off.

You can't imagine that people will go to foreign countries to adopt but yet that's exactly what many do. My old boss went to a foreign country to adopt because it was nearly impossible to adopt in this country

DG... Adoption is not nearly impossible in this country. That's simply not true. It's an incomprehensible pain in the ass... in our case we had to endure numerous "Parenting" classes... and so on... Home inspections and untold expenses.

But it happened and it only took a year...

Again, in my experience most folks who go to other countries go their because they want to adopt a baby. Babies are the first to be adopted here... MOST children up for adoption are NOT babies.

But I hear what you're saying and offer not contest beyond that clarification.
OK, you are right, they wanted a baby. My old boss got a baby.

Go right ahead, you may learn something as its obvious you have no idea what intelligence is

Dr. Gregg thinks spell check means his message is clear. Never mind he leaves out words on a regualr basis. For some reason he thinks a degree validates he's smart. Not only that but THE smartest person here. I challenge him and ask for a link to his sources and rarely does he supply one. Just an opinionated troll.

Anyways, the thread is about adoption and an unfortunate situation in the US. I'm going to take the interview of a local law enforcement officer on TV this morning, as the mother or grandmother did not seek assistance from them. She told them she got online advice from a lawyer to return the child to Russia. Pretty clear the mother and grandmother are unfit. The missing piece is, was this kid a mass murderer in the making?

He has a degree? I didn't know that.

But then degrees have never really impressed me. They are just very convenient to getting in the door when you start off your career. After that, its all what you've done.
PhD in Genetics by the way, and my work as a scientist requires intelligence and the ability to think, not just regurgitate information memorized,and is by far useless as its a highly technical field that requires knowledge of all aspects of science

So mock away people, I'm fully comfortable with my level of intellect and if you think many of the non-factual, childish rants that are plentiful on this board are intelligent and rational and well thought out arguments, then you have no clue what intelligence is, or you are so dishonest and deluded by your ideology.

I don't know how it works in other states but NJ now only gives effed up parents one year to get their shit together and then their kids are adoptable. It will save many children from being forced in and out of foster homes for their entire childhood. And it also forces crackhead moms to get their shit together. Maybe if other states has similar programs, people wouldn't need to go overseas. Food for thought.

I heard about this on the news tonight.

The so called "mother" and the "grandmother" ought to be arrested for child abuse, tried, convicted and put away for a good long while.

What they did was cruel in the worst kind of way.

You don't give up on children. You don't throw them away. And you sure the fuck DON'T put them on a plane all alone at the age of 7 and fly them back to Russia--where there is NO ONE even waiting for their arrival.

What horrific pieces of shit these two women are. They are the epitome of the "Arrogant American".

*****Shooting them big birdy fingers*****

In their defense, they did pay a man to pick up the boy at the airport in Russia and take him to the authorities. Being a mom of two special needs kids I can tell you that it isn't easy and our country does very little to help. Perhaps the mother felt she had no choice. I don't know, I refuse to judge her mainly because there are times when I've thought about doing something similar, I even threatened my son's ddd caseworker with abandoning my son in his office if I didn't get some help pronto. He first threatened to charge me with child abandonment but I pointed out my son was 22 and we never filled out the paperwork to be his legal guardians. Within a week I finally had a caregiver coming in to help with him.

Then again, once you've adopted him, he's yours. Your responsibility, you do whatever it takes to get him the help he needs. Unfortunately, our government isn't going to help you one iota until you do something desperate like this mother did.

I think we need to work to make it easier on parents of special needs kids and get them the help they need before they are at the end of their rope.

I don't know how it works in other states but NJ now only gives effed up parents one year to get their shit together and then their kids are adoptable. It will save many children from being forced in and out of foster homes for their entire childhood. And it also forces crackhead moms to get their shit together. Maybe if other states has similar programs, people wouldn't need to go overseas. Food for thought.

Not very long ago, a white foster couple decided to adopt their black foster child. She was a beautiful two year old but the blacks, including the child's mom raised Cain. You can't have white's adopting a black child. The child was taken away from her foster parents and given back to her biological mother. Her biological mother killed her in less than a year. Now, thank the Lord, our CPS has learned and we have something called "foster to adopt" programs where you can foster a child with the intention of adopting that child as soon as they become available for adoption. I know a young couple (white) that has so far adopted two that way ( one black, one white) and has another foster child they hope to also adopt.

Yes, there are thousands and thousands of childless Americans who are hoping to adopt from South America, China...and Russia.

A woman in Tennessee took her 7-year-old Russian boy, put him on a plane alone with a note pinned to him, saying (in English) "she didn't want him anymore."

Russia is pissed and is now thinking about halting all adoptings to the USA. Who can blame them?

Is this about some stupid, heartless woman in Tennessee? Or is this about Americans treating their kids as objects, possessions? "Oh, I want to adopt a kid so people will look up to me, but he/she must be picture-perfect?" Is this the Madonna mentality...adopting her black kids as tokens to her glitzy world? Is this rush it back to Wal-Mart after you've tried it and used it and don't understand it and want your money back?

Shame on America. Yet more shame on America. Shame on Tennessee.

How many kids have you adopted?

Well?

I'm asking you to inform the board of the precise number of children that you've adopted?

You've made very specific judgments here... impuning HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE... including TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE who HAVE ADOPTED children... at SUBSTANTIAL TIME AND EXPENSE... FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS... often KNOWINGLY adopting FAR LESS THAN ANYTHING REMOTELY RESEMBLING PERFECTION... who have NOT abandoned those children, DESPITE HAVING SUBJECTED THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES TO RIDICULOUSLY FUCKED UP HUMAN BEINGS... UNSPEAKABLE TORMENT AND UNBEARABLE PAIN...

Now again... How many children HAVE YOU ADOPTED?

Don't be shy... It's not a trap... The answer is OBVIOUS... because NO ONE who's ever gone through what one has to go through in adopting a child would ever say something as profoundly stupid as what you've stated on this board... AND IN WRITING FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Edit:

How many kids have you adopted?

Three. How many have you adopted?

You're a liar... the basis of which is noted above.

And to answer your question, I've adopted one. Specifically a 13 year old who had been in the Foster care system since she was 5 years old...

There isn't much about adopting a child that I do not know... there isn't much about people who adopt children that I don't know and all of that informs me that you've not only never adopted ANYONE... you've never subjected yourself to so much as CARING FOR A CHILD BEYOND YOUR PROGENY...

Just for fun, let's call YOU a liar.

Throw that 33-year-old, unmarried nurse in jail NOW! Who in their right mind allowed an unmarried woman to adopt a 7-year old from a foreign country in the first place? I don't doubt the kid had issues. That's to be expected. But what kind of mother just abandons their child? That's beyond belief, especially since she had to pass several tests to prove she was fit to be a mother to adopt in the first place. She's a criminal and should be treated as such.

Throw that 33-year-old, unmarried nurse in jail NOW! Who in their right mind allowed an unmarried woman to adopt a 7-year old from a foreign country in the first place? I don't doubt the kid had issues. That's to be expected. But what kind of mother just abandons their child? That's beyond belief, especially since she had to pass several tests to prove she was fit to be a mother to adopt in the first place. She's a criminal and should be treated as such.

don't be so dramatic,, it wasn't her child, he was an adopted child and the relationship just didn't work out, it's kinda like I thought I could love you but I cannot. having said all that I think her name should be removed from all adoption and or foster lists..

...because if you adopt a child in this country, the birth mother can change her mind after giving you the child. that's why.

Not if the birth mother has signed away her rights in court. She can't go back on that.

Oh yes she can...

And have on several occasions. That's why my neighbors adopted two children from China. She wanted more kids (she's already got 6 of her own) but she didn't want the parents coming back to take them away once she had them. She also wanted to adopt special needs children. The first child she adopted was an 18 month old girl, apparently in China, being 18 months and not yet adopted is "special needs". The second child they adopted was 11 and had a cleft palette. He is one of the most wonderful boys I've ever met. He loves animals and wants to be a vet when he grows up.

Hey... this is what? The Third Spamming post you've advanced personally and I expect that such has resulted in at least a half dozen others you've inspired by your gal-pals ?

Which is trolling ain't it? And wouldn't chronic spam/trolling be a function of enflaming the discussion?

I think I should warn you, fellow member; that your actions here are at odds with the rules of this forum and as such I've been forced to report these violations to the staff, responsible for enforcing these rules.

against the rules? The damn admin and moderators troll around the forum, there are no rules here

Fuck off. :cool:

Awww, jeese, CW. You're gonna make him cry more, now.

There's alot of american orphans here in America needing parents, why go to another country. Americans selling out their country in all things.

Perhaps this freak of a (NON)mother could not qualify and so bought a child through whatever the agency was.

I have, on occasion, run across these who do the foreign adoption thing. About 50% I wouldn't trust with a banana slug.

Forum List

Back