America's Promise?

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
"In February, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the federal agency charged with granting citizenship and other immigration benefits, removed a reference to securing “America’s promise as a nation of immigrants” from its mission statement, while adding a line about “protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.”

Who made such a promise?

The year in immigration: ‘America’s promise’ gets scaled back

The CBP, DHS, and ICE are under an E.O from the President for maximum security at the border, and no more catch and release.......

ICE is increasing raids especially in Sanctuary cities and states as a message to those States to knock it off.

We are not a nation of immigrants anymore, we're a nation of native Americans.

fukowee-tribe.jpg

The CBP, DHS, and ICE are under an E.O from the President for maximum security at the border, and no more catch and release.......

ICE is increasing raids especially in Sanctuary cities and states as a message to those States to knock it off.

And dropping them off by the hundreds in El Paso.

"We caught ya'. Now which of our cities were you wanting a ride to?"

Temporary housing only ........because the detention centers are full and nothing more.........Just another BS story from MSM trying to hype the situation.

"In February, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the federal agency charged with granting citizenship and other immigration benefits, removed a reference to securing “America’s promise as a nation of immigrants” from its mission statement, while adding a line about “protecting Americans, securing the homeland, and honoring our values.”

Who made such a promise?

I have no idea when this 'mission statement' was adopted any more than when pledging allegiance to the flag was adopted or standing during the national anthem tradition. When, in 1954, the words "under God" were added to the pledge in a show of freedom from slavery to the State and a slap at the USSR, some of us who were grown at the time just smiled at the feeble attempt to define what goes without saying. It wasn't for 'us', it was for 'them'... as we cowered under our desks during nuclear attack drills.
This change in mission statement is similar, an attempt to fine tune a statement in a changing society. Our nation's promise is no longer what our FF saw for our future and we can't go back to their times.

I sure wish I could ask for their comments on our current status..and their advice. They were long on foresight vs our current shortsightedness.

Temporary housing only ........because the detention centers are full and nothing more.........Just another BS story from MSM trying to hype the situation.

I assume this temporary housing has fences? Walls? They can't just walk out, right?

I assume this temporary housing has fences? Walls? They can't just walk out, right?
Well Fuck me.............it's true and I apologize.............

https://www.aila.org/File/Related/14111359ae.pdf

A damned back door legal loop hole in the system......imagine that.........

AILA - Documents Relating to Flores v. Reno Settlement Agreement on Minors in Immigration Custody

The Courts are ordering them to be released because of the conditions in the detention facilities for FAMILIES...........the damned left has found another legal loop hole...........courts ordering them out of detention centers.............CBP with nowhere to house them is forced to release them.........

Fuck it..............CLOSE THE FUCKING BORDER TRUMP.

Bunch of leftist used the courts to get their way again..............and now are using the MSM to say look at Trump dumping MIGRANTS OUT ON THE STREETS...............

The KGB of the USSR would be proud.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/R45297.pdf

On the legal front, the Ms. L. court has held that a “government practice of family separation without a determination that the parent was unfit or presented a danger to the child” likely violates due process, except to the extent that the family separation occurs during pending criminal proceedings.100 Under this standard, it is not clear that DHS could constitutionally create family separation by continuing to detain, in civil immigration detention, alien parents whose children were released under the Flores Settlement.101 A conceivable third option would be for the executive branch to create licensed family detention centers that comply with the Flores Settlement and detain families together in those centers. The executive branch apparently does not count this as a feasible option, however, and has said that “ongoing and unresolved disputes” exist “over the ability of States to license these types of facilities that house both adults and children.” 102 Even if such licensed facilities existed, a blanket policy of detaining families together in them arguably might still violate the Flores Settlement,
which favors release over detention in qualifying facilities.103 Also, apart from the Flores Settlement, at least one federal district court has concluded that the detention of arriving family units pending the outcome of their removal proceedings in immigration court would likely violate due process, if undertaken for the purpose of deterring future arrivals. 104 In summary, the only clearly viable option under current law for the treatment of family units that demonstrate a credible fear of persecution is for the executive branch generally to release the families pending their removal proceedings in immigration court.

Who made such a promise?

I have no idea when this 'mission statement' was adopted any more than when pledging allegiance to the flag was adopted or standing during the national anthem tradition. When, in 1954, the words "under God" were added to the pledge in a show of freedom from slavery to the State and a slap at the USSR, some of us who were grown at the time just smiled at the feeble attempt to define what goes without saying. It wasn't for 'us', it was for 'them'... as we cowered under our desks during nuclear attack drills.
This change in mission statement is similar, an attempt to fine tune a statement in a changing society. Our nation's promise is no longer what our FF saw for our future and we can't go back to their times.

I sure wish I could ask for their comments on our current status.

What the Founders saw was an increase in American citizens, not America used as the world's goody bag and flophouse.

I'd wager you would not like at all what they'd say, and not for the reason you'd think.

Who made such a promise?

I sure wish I could ask for their comments on our current status.

What the Founders saw was an increase in American citizens, not America used as the world's goody bag and flophouse.

I'd wager you would not like at all what they'd say, and not for the reason you'd think.
The Loop Holes Fucked us again.............and now the MSM spins it to Trump is throwing them out into the streets...........The Damned Courts forced ICE to..........

What a wonderful lying bunch of sacks the MSM are now...........

Forum List

Back