America's Most Miserable Sports City: Seattle again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
For the 3rd year in a row -per Forbes Magazine.

With one championship - the NBA Sonics in 1979 - to show for 111 combined MLB, NFL and NBA seasons. (NHL was also included)

Atlanta, Phoenix, Buffalo and San Diego came in 2-3-4-5.

Not so sure I'd measure it just by championships alone.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Seattle. That town is rooting for the sickest hockey team in the league right now. Yeah the Mariners suck, but at least the Seahawks made it into the playoffs and had a first-round upset. Plus they've got their new and decent soccer team which was getting some of the best attendance in the MLS last year. The Sonics...what a fucking disgrace the way that went down. I do feel for them on that.

But Cleveland has to be the shittiest sports town to live in right now. The Browns. The Cavs. The Indians. That says it all. There's nothing for them to look forward to in the near future.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Seattle. That town is rooting for the sickest hockey team in the league right now. Yeah the Mariners suck, but at least the Seahawks made it into the playoffs and had a first-round upset. Plus they've got their new and decent soccer team which was getting some of the best attendance in the MLS last year. The Sonics...what a fucking disgrace the way that went down. I do feel for them on that.

But Cleveland has to be the shittiest sports town to live in right now. The Browns. The Cavs. The Indians. That says it all. There's nothing for them to look forward to in the near future.

Not sure why Cleveland was snubbed.

Havent had a title since the Browns in 1964.

If you live in San Diego -who cares how your sports teams do anyway.......................

So why is Atlanta ranked?

They had the Braves Dynasty (that some thought would never end) the up-and-coming Falcons

(true - the Hawks blow)

Miami should be in the rankings somewhere - Dolphins, underachieving Heat, Canes who got PUNKED by ND in the Sun Bowl)

Crappy fan base -bandwaggoners who support winners - then ditch them ie Florida Marlins lol

Last edited:

I'd have to go with Cleveland also

The same Forbes Magazine named Stockton, CA plain America's Most Miserable City - period.

Don't think they will get many arguments.

White men can't jump.:eusa_shhh:

How about a little mountain climbing competition ?
Now THATS a sport.
Not a bunch of overpaid nitwit's chasing little balls around.....er...B chasin' dem balls N shit.

In most other cities - a team like the Seahawks being the 3rd worst bet to win the Super Bowl by the oddsmakers in 2012 (after winning the NFC West and beating the Saints in the playoffs) would cause on outrage.

Nobody seemed to care in Seattle.

Loser sports fan mentality - translates to the teams performance.

The mariners blow -the Sonics have gone to OKC - so the fans in Seattle latch on to the Storm in WNBA and the Sounders in MLS.

Even the UW Huskies are on-the-bubble to make the Big Dance - despite being consensus preseason favorites to win the Pac 10.

White men can't jump.:eusa_shhh:

How about a little mountain climbing competition ?
Now THATS a sport.
Not a bunch of overpaid nitwit's chasing little balls around.....er...B chasin' dem balls N shit.

It didnt matter that Pistol Pete Marovich or Larry Bird couldnt jump.

For the 3rd year in a row -per Forbes Magazine.

With one championship - the NBA Sonics in 1979 - to show for 111 combined MLB, NFL and NBA seasons. (NHL was also included)

Atlanta, Phoenix, Buffalo and San Diego came in 2-3-4-5.

Sheer POPPYCOCK!!!!!

We have the loudest(by far) stadium in the NFL(The only game that matters!!!!) I E the best fans in the world. I E the best sports town.

What they should be saying is that Seattle will soon have the worst sports town in the USA when they take two or three years to tear down the Viaduct and drill the new replacement tunnel. Getting to the Seahawks games will be beyond a nightmare in the near forseeable future.

Baseball and soccer are stupid games.

Cleveland and its not even close. Most years the sports teams are miserable but there are some years where the teams give the fans hope only to crush their dreams of ever winning anything. Plus they have the whole lebron james debacle. I am biased on this issue of course.

Cleveland and its not even close. Most years the sports teams are miserable but there are some years where the teams give the fans hope only to crush their dreams of ever winning anything. Plus they have the whole lebron james debacle. I am biased on this issue of course.

Cleveland has been losing in all sports for generations

I gotta go with Cleveland. Even when the Browns moved to Baltimore, they won a Superbowl a few years later

It would help if the Browns got a logo.........................................

How do you market a team with no logo?

Even more inexplicable than the Steelers having a logo on only one side of the helmets

(read some explanation about that)

I think Seattle should rank near the top in the level of screwing of the taxpayers by the sports franchises.

there is that little deal of everybody in the state of WA has to pay $10 on their annual auto licence to fund the stadiums for those pathetic teams.

Portland does pretty well in negotiations with the team owners when it comes to venues. Paul Allen was in a bit of a fix when he came hat in hand to have the rose quarter built. Owning half of Microsoft means pleading poverty doesn't work well. So Portland got him to put up half the cost. He still stiffed the contract when it came to concessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back