America's most influential church on the brink of collapse

Many Southern Baptist churches in the 60s lost members when they wanted to include blacks at their services. Before that blacks were banned from their churches.
This is nothing new. Local autonomy always works better. The Baptists have that now and this is exactly what the Episcopalians are going through.
The gay boogeyman phobia just has to run the course.

Stupid shithead, this "gay boogeyman phobia" will never "run the course." Afros are still f-ing apes, even after decades of special treatment and protections. Fags will always be mentally-diseased perverts... and the general public will always know it.

No one has religious or philosophical objections to Afros. Being an Afro is not "unnatural". So, how much less are fags ever going to be accepted as anything but perverts?

Fags are fucked up, that's just what being a fag is. And, your shithead accusations of phobia changes nothing.

Also, faggot, the Southern Baptist Church has never banned Afros from their church. But, faggots can suck on a tailpipe.

Are you trying to shit us with a straight face telling us you have no "philosophical objections to Afros?
From hundreds of your previous posts you could have fooled me.
I grew up in the deep south in the late 50s through the 60s.
All through the 50s the Southern Baptists defended segregation openly and at their conventions. The majority of Christian private schools all through Georgia and especially Alabama after Brown v. Board Education ended segregation were sponsored by Southern Baptists. And they did NOT take any "Afros" as you call them.
I grew up long before your little sister was washing out your foul mouth with soap for telling nasty jokes.

Last edited:
Imagine how The Worship Industry would be doing if it had to pay taxes like the rest of the entertainment world.

Damn, Joe.
I'm an atheist and I still recognize that religion is a belief, not an entertainment.

I never said anything about taxing religion, that is something between a man and his God. I said that the worship industry should be taxed - you know... the various businesses around town that collect money to promote one religion over the others, paying no property or income taxes in the process.

Are you trying to shit us with a straight face telling us you have no "philosophical objections to Afros?

I've got nothing against Afros, just against them choosing not to be civilized.

All through the 50s the Southern Baptists defended segregation openly and at their conventions.

All of the Southern Baptist Convention resolutions are on line, and not a one of them supports racism against Afros.

Here's one of their resolutions from the 1950s:

RESOLUTION ON MEETING WITH NATIONAL BAPTIST NEGRO LEADERS

In the light of continuing existing tensions and pressures, we commend the local, state, and Southwide agencies and workers who are successfully engaged in a ministry of service and understanding with Christians of all races and nationalities and urge the continued prayerful and responsible application of the principles and example of Christ in all our relationships.

We commend the outgoing president, the Hon. Brooks Hays, for his firm convictions, his spirit of fairness to all, and his courageous stand on the great issues of our day.

We recommend that the Executive Committee consider a meeting of representative leaders from the Southern Baptist Convention with leaders of the two National Conventions of Negro Baptists to discuss mutual problems.

See, not the least bit of disapproval of Afros, even though the racist Afros had their own churches. From the SBC Wikipedia entry, "African Americans had gathered in their own churches... After the Civil War and emancipation, blacks wanted to practice their form of American Christianity away from [whites]... They quickly left white-dominated churches and associations. In the late 1860s, they rapidly set up several separate state Baptist conventions... White Southern Baptist churches lost black members to the new denominations..." Just like to today, Afros are racists, segregating themselves and then blaming whites. And, just like today, you and liberals blame whites for every subhuman thing Afros do.

And, then look at the SBC resolution from the 1950s, trying to work with and help those animals.

The point is, Afros and fags are two completely different things.

Here's a 1909 resolution:

RESOLUTION ON COOPERATION WITH OTHER BAPTISTS

WHEREAS, One of the Vice Presidents of this Convention, Rev. B. F. Riley, D.D., has been elected General Superintendent of the Southern Negro Anti-Saloon Federation, the headquarters of which are to be in Birmingham, Ala.; and

WHEREAS, It is scarcely possible to overstate the importance of the work of such an organization in the moral and social uplift of the many millions, and the consequent betterment of conditions for both white and colored people in the South;

RESOLVED, That both the Superintendent and his work be commended to the sympathy and support of all good people everywhere.

Southern Baptists have always considered Christian Afros to be brothers. And, fags to be mentally-diseased perverts.

Imagine how The Worship Industry would be doing if it had to pay taxes like the rest of the entertainment world.

Damn, Joe.
I'm an atheist and I still recognize that religion is a belief, not an entertainment.

I never said anything about taxing religion, that is something between a man and his God. I said that the worship industry should be taxed - you know... the various businesses around town that collect money to promote one religion over the others, paying no property or income taxes in the process.

Icthus ministries in Wilmore KY exists to put on a religious oriented musical multi day concert. Entertainment certainly and it is tax exempt.

Ichthus Ministries Inc in Wilmore, Kentucky (KY) - faqs.org

Icthus ministries in Wilmore KY exists to put on a religious oriented musical multi day concert. Entertainment certainly and it is tax exempt.

I realize you're just playing the Jew, AKA Devil's Advocate. Because, you'd have to pretty stupid to think your argument is valid.

It's non-profit. Any non-profit entertainment organization would also be tax exempt, provided it had an exempt purpose. Without profits, they don't have any profits to tax. They could be completely secular and have top secular rock groups play, and be tax exempt.

They don't consider that their function is entertainment, but is ministry, complete with worship. They don't do this year around, but just once a year, to serve as a summer faith booster for various churches and youth groups.

If they were secular, they'd not only not be paying taxes, but they'd probably be getting government funding. So, give up your bullshit that they're getting away with something because they're Christian.

Religious persecution tends not to turn out well.

How is a religion that collects fees(tithes or donations or whatever) a form of religious persecution?

What on earth makes you think it would be? Government interfering in the free exercise of religion is.

Nonsense.

It has to do with, among other things, Establishment Clause concerns with regard to excessive entanglement related to tax liens, property confiscation, and the like, having nothing to do with Free Exercise issues. See: Walz v. Tax Commission of the City of New York (1970).

Of course religious institutions could be taxed in such a manner as to avoid those concerns.

Many Southern Baptist churches in the 60s lost members when they wanted to include blacks at their services. Before that blacks were banned from their churches.
This is nothing new. Local autonomy always works better. The Baptists have that now and this is exactly what the Episcopalians are going through.
The gay boogeyman phobia just has to run the course.

Stupid shithead, this "gay boogeyman phobia" will never "run the course." Afros are still f-ing apes, even after decades of special treatment and protections. Fags will always be mentally-diseased perverts... and the general public will always know it.

No one has religious or philosophical objections to Afros. Being an Afro is not "unnatural". So, how much less are fags ever going to be accepted as anything but perverts?

Fags are fucked up, that's just what being a fag is. And, your shithead accusations of phobia changes nothing.

Also, faggot, the Southern Baptist Church has never banned Afros from their church. But, faggots can suck on a tailpipe.

And you are working so hard at making straight whites look SOOOOO appealing.....:eusa_whistle:

It was the church of George Washington, Franklin Roosevelt, George Bush Sr and seven other United States presidents. The Episcopal Church is the US branch of the Anglican Church and it was once very influential. More than a third of Supreme Court justices have been Episcopalians. It was one of the first mainstream churches to ordain women; the first to consecrate an openly gay bishop. But over the past 20 years, the church has lost more than a third of its members, falling from 3.4 million in 1992 to 2.3 million in 2012. Now, following its convention in Indianapolis, the Episcopal Church appears on the brink of collapse. Beliefnet.com reports 46 members of the synod have spoken out in support of seceding from the Episcopal Church; six bishops have petitioned the Archbishop of Canterbury for permission to leave the Church but remain part of the worldwide Anglican communion. Not all the tension is over liberal policies on sexuality. There's also deep disagreement on fundamental matters of Christian doctrine. Author, journalist, and Episcopal minister from Florida, George Conger, explains the developments at the convention that sparked the latest crisis.

AUDIO
America's most influential church on the brink of collapse - Religion and Ethics Report - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

What makes you think the Episcopal church is the most influential church in America?

It's the title of article he posted. I am pretty sure he is just quoting the article. Lol

Don't be so melodramatic. Nobody said ANYTHING about persecution.

Fair and simple taxes means all industrious activity that involves separating folks from a buck or two should get taxed at the same rates.

No special treatment. No special interests. No favoritism.

The only two industries not paying taxes right now are the worship industry and the marijuana trade, albeit for very different reasons - bottom line is that it's not fair for the rest of us to give preachers and dealers free use of the infrastructure paid for by 'We, The People'.

I presume you would also want to abolish tax-exemptions for all other charities?

Dude, I want to abolish all tax exemptions, period.
Exemptions = favoritism and favoritism = corruption. Simply give us all a reasonable rate to pay.

Fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics.
Then, use the tools of government and free enterprise to build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

It ain't rocket science.

Mainline Protestant churches have been losing ground for decades.

All of them have.

I realize you're just playing the Jew, AKA Devil's Advocate. Because, you'd have to pretty stupid to think your argument is valid.

It's non-profit. Any non-profit entertainment organization would also be tax exempt, provided it had an exempt purpose. Without profits, they don't have any profits to tax. They could be completely secular and have top secular rock groups play, and be tax exempt.

They don't consider that their function is entertainment, but is ministry, complete with worship. They don't do this year around, but just once a year, to serve as a summer faith booster for various churches and youth groups.

If they were secular, they'd not only not be paying taxes, but they'd probably be getting government funding. So, give up your bullshit that they're getting away with something because they're Christian.

Go to the link I provided it specifically states religious exemption.

I was raised up in a semi holy roller church (Assembly of God) same as Sarah Palin.
The serivces could get pretty entertaining, Dancing around wailing and waving arms, speaking in tounges, etc.

Last edited:

Fair and simple taxes means all industrious activity that involves separating folks from a buck or two should get taxed at the same rates.

The only two industries not paying taxes right now are the worship industry and the marijuana trade, albeit for very different reasons - bottom line is that it's not fair for the rest of us to give preachers and dealers free use of the infrastructure paid for by 'We, The People'.

If you look at them funny, they cry persecution.

Just like if you want to ban armor-piercing bullets, it means you want to take away all their guns.

Just like if you want to ban armor-piercing bullets, it means you want to take away all their guns.

Liberals are so damn stupid, they have to look into the toilet when they get up to find out what just happened.

Liberals are so damn stupid, they have to look into the toilet when they get up to find out what just happened.

:lmao:

That is perhaps the LAMEST come-back I've ever seen, and I've seen some doozies!

Keep that schtick, Buford - it's entertaining and it suites your Avatar.

One should always monitor their BMs, especially if they are a certain age.

Forum List

Back