America’s Most Hated Industries

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
EYES ONLY: Curious welcome, willfully ignorant not.

Americans are not happy with the government. But for the first time in a long while, it is not the most hated industry in the country. That honor now belongs to the oil and gas industry as a result of climbing prices at the pumps and the BP oil spill still fresh in many people’s minds.

A new poll conducted by Gallup asked thousands of Americans how they felt about 25 of the nation’s largest industries — positive, neutral or negative. Some 73% of responses for computers, the highest-rated industry, were positive. On the other end of the spectrum, only 22% felt positive about banking, while more than 60% felt negative. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 industries in the private sector that Americans hate.

For the entire poll results see:
America

Rising gas prices are whose fault?

The bowing, Commander In Chumps.

Out the Fucking Door in November.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Americans are not happy with the government. But for the first time in a long while, it is not the most hated industry in the country. That honor now belongs to the oil and gas industry as a result of climbing prices at the pumps and the BP oil spill still fresh in many people’s minds.

A new poll conducted by Gallup asked thousands of Americans how they felt about 25 of the nation’s largest industries — positive, neutral or negative. Some 73% of responses for computers, the highest-rated industry, were positive. On the other end of the spectrum, only 22% felt positive about banking, while more than 60% felt negative. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 industries in the private sector that Americans hate.

America

You do know that the fucking government makes more off of a gallon of gas than do the evil oil companies don't you?

The most hated- no surprise there, since the days oil and gas were branded evil by Pres. Carter.

The surprise- oil and gas ranks 9th most profitable behind Communications, Internet Services, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Equipment, Railroads, etc. etc.

• Banned

America

You do know that the fucking government makes more off of a gallon of gas than do the evil oil companies don't you?

The taxes on a gallon of gas rises in proportion to the rise in the pump price as fixed by the oil companies. If taxes on a gallon of gas are greater than the aggregate of all those who touched the crude to those who sell the gallon I'd be very surprised. Please, surprise me with the details.

Also, where do the taxes on gasoline go? What percentage of the tax does the Federal Government, the State Government and local governments collect?

Since you seem to want the reader to believe you're an expert, I'm sure you must have these answers. Thanks for sharing them in advance.

That's because murkins are uninformed idiots.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0uls507hvM]The World According To Monsanto (Full Film) - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
The most hated- no surprise there, since the days oil and gas were branded evil by Pres. Carter.

The surprise- oil and gas ranks 9th most profitable behind Communications, Internet Services, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Equipment, Railroads, etc. etc.

I don't know how old you are H, but I was driving when we had gas wars. I remember paying less than .10 cents a gallon in San Francisco, circa 1967; I also remember the gas wars in 1973/1974 and President Carter putting Solar Panels on the roof of the White House.

It wasn't that Carter called the oil companies evil, it was his vision that being held hostage by the oil companies - foreign or domestic - was not good for America.

People are morons in general (the election of barack hussien obama being exhibit A). Most of those respondants who said they hated the oil companies haven't the foggiest clue how much their lives would suck if the oil companies suddenly ceased to exist. They don't understand the difference between profit and profit margin so they get pissed at the oil companies because they have to pay such a high price for gas. Ignorance is the coin of the realm for obama and the DNC. That's government education for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
When gas is back under $2/gallon people will like the industry again.

Did they ask people how they felt that Obama's Energy secretary want to double gas prices from here?

I don't know how old you are H, but I was driving when we had gas wars. I remember paying less than .10 cents a gallon in San Francisco, circa 1967; I also remember the gas wars in 1973/1974 and President Carter putting Solar Panels on the roof of the White House.

It wasn't that Carter called the oil companies evil, it was his vision that being held hostage by the oil companies - foreign or domestic - was not good for America.

"Carter" and "being held hostage" conjure up a different vision for me.

America

I don't hate the Oil, and Gas industry at all... I just wish Obama's policies were not attacking them so much, then I wouldn't have to pay so much at the pump. American Energy Roadblocks by the Obama Administration - House Committee on Natural Resources

But Obama did get a private equity firm to take over a refiner in PA to try to stop gas prices from rising futher

I think I got my D.L. in '71. In '72 my buddies planned an after-graduation trip out west. When gas shot up to fitty cent/gal in '73 and we gradiated it almost sank the trip. LOL fitty cent.

Well, Carter... he mis-directed his ire toward the domestic petroleum industry which was wrong. Even then, Independents played a crucial role in U.S. E&P acivity yet it was the small companies that suffered the worst from Carter's policies... especially the Windfall Profits Tax (which was neither a tax nor was it calculated on profits).

Carter began a cycle of hatred that hasn't ended nor will it ever end.
Clinton allowed foreign oil companies to dump their crude on our markets at below cost while thousands of those small oil companies went out of business. Tens of thousands lost jobs in this industry.

Obama... well he's done nothing but continue that cycle of hatred, fear, and loathing toward not only oil but natural gas, and coal.

America

The taxes on a gallon of gas rises in proportion to the rise in the pump price as fixed by the oil companies. If taxes on a gallon of gas are greater than the aggregate of all those who touched the crude to those who sell the gallon I'd be very surprised. Please, surprise me with the details.

Also, where do the taxes on gasoline go? What percentage of the tax does the Federal Government, the State Government and local governments collect?

Since you seem to want the reader to believe you're an expert, I'm sure you must have these answers. Thanks for sharing them in advance.

Fuel taxes have nothing to do with the price of oil you idiot.

They are per gallon taxes and not based on the price.

Gasoline Taxes Vs. Exxon Profit, Per Gallon

You'll see that Exxon makes less per gallon of gas sold than the fucking goverment takes in taxes.

gastax.jpg

You'll see that Exxon makes less per gallon of gas sold than the fucking goverment takes in taxes.

gastax.jpg

I'm not an idiot, I was misinformed (that is ignorant). Idiots are those who continue to hold beliefs even when evidence is provided proving them wrong. And willful idiots won't read anything which challenges their assumptions.

[Is Exxon, in your example, the only 'person' to profit from a gallon of gasoline?]

Gasoline taxes remain at 18.4 cents per gallon, unchanged since 1993. Which I learned from the following link - which may inform others about Obama's Energy Policy and that of his Energy Sect.

FactCheck.org : Obama Wanted Higher Gasoline Prices?

Last edited:

gastax.jpg

I'm not an idiot, I was misinformed (that is ignorant). Idiots are those who continue to hold beliefs even when evidence is provided proving them wrong. And willful idiots won't read anything which challenges their assumptions.

[Is Exxon, in your example, the only 'person' to profit from a gallon of gasoline?]

Gasoline taxes remain at 18.4 cents per gallon, unchanged since 1993. Which I learned from the following link - which may inform others about Obama's Energy Policy and that of his Energy Sect.

FactCheck.org : Obama Wanted Higher Gasoline Prices?

Had to pos rep you for that.

I wrote about the difference between the ignorant and the stupid and you quoted it almost verbatim.

Forum List

Back