America's land area can sustain far more people then we have currently

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
How many people could the land area of the United states sustain?
The land area of india could probably fit east of the Mississippi river! It is around 1,269,346 sq mi compared to our 3,796,742 sq mi. Or just short of 3 times as large as India in landmass.
http://chezapocalypse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/India_US_Size.png
It has 1.25 billion people, so it is 3.9 times as populated as America.

We have nearly ~3 times the landmass with only ~1/4th the population. Why exactly should we restrict immigration? We're a very empty country compared to much of the world.

Please don't tell me you're trying to make a case for bringing in more muslims and illegals.

Please don't tell me you're trying to make a case for bringing in more muslims and illegals.

Legals ;) People that want to do it right and want to be Americans.
I don't think anybody has a problem with people wanting to come here to be Americans. Too bad Democrats only want the freeloaders for the purpose of harvesting their votes.

Just because we can support more people doesn't mean we should.

I for one like our open spaces and do not want to live stacked up like rats in a cage

The land area of india could probably fit east of the Mississippi river! It is around 1,269,346 sq mi compared to our 3,796,742 sq mi. Or just short of 3 times as large as India in landmass.

We have nearly ~3 times the landmass with only ~1/4th the population. Why exactly should we restrict immigration? We're a very empty country compared to much of the world.

I have heard two different land plans with regard to populations. I think the Guinness Book of Records says that if every human on Earth had one square foot of land we'd fit in the Island of Skye. I find this hard to believe. I've also read that same amount of land per person means every human could fit in the state of Texas. This I find more believable. Look at the size of Texas, then the rest of the world. The US has plenty of land. In saying that India and China have too many people. India especially. And Bangladesh.

If they brought with them money and jobs you would be right. But their beggars with hands out for Welfare benefits thus you are wrong.

If the world population were all white, there would be no overcrowding because white people reproduce responsibly. I mean, let's be honest here.

Legals ;) People that want to do it right and want to be Americans.

There is a reason immigration is limited. And illegal immigration, is circumventing those limits. Legal immigration is fine, but iwith controls. Otherwise you pose the risk, of bad people coming here. And that has already happened. As Trump stated, some of these people are rapists, and murderers. Just because we could hold more people than India, doesn't mean we should. Would you like us to be over populated, instead of under?

Forum List

Back