America’s Foremost Criminal Profiler Warns Media Coverage Causes School Shootings

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
America’s Foremost Criminal Profiler Warns Media Coverage Causes School Shootings

December 20, 2012
By Daniel Greenfield

Let’s start with a basic article from Psychology Today.

School shootings are a contagion. And the media are consistent accomplices in most every one of them.

There’s really no useful debate on the point. The consensus of social scientists since David Phillips’ groundbreaking work in 1974 is that highly publicized stories of deviant and dangerous behavior influences copycat incidents. Phillips’ and scores of subsequent studies showed, for example, that suicide rates spike in the week after an inappropriately publicized celebrity suicide. Contrast this trend with no increase in suicides in the week following a media strike that unintentionally suppresses such coverage.

The same is true of school massacres. On Groundhog Day, Feb 2, 1996 a 14-year-old boy walked into his Moses Lake, Washington, Junior High School algebra class and started shooting. He killed his teacher, two classmates and severely wounded another student. Subsequent media coverage obsessed over the color of his clothes, his insidious planning and the inventory of his arsenal. In addition, they practically offered a how-to guide for concealing and deploying weapons in a coat. But what got the most attention was the fact that after shooting his teacher, he delivered a line from the Stephen King novel Rage with charismatic panache. Suddenly, the invisible adolescent was a cultural icon. Within a week, another shooting occurred that clearly echoed that of Feb 2. Then another on February 19. Another on March 11. Yet another on March 13. Along with other similarities, more than one of the apparent copycats also cited King’s novel as a creative resource.
---

That's not going to get widely reported. The media doesn't report truth, they report propaganda. Right now, their orders are to make all gun owners look like dangerous radicals so the left can further it's anti-gun agenda.

Common sense and getting to the truth are not, I repeat NOT, the goal of politicians.

And the obedient little sheeple are going to start screaming the talking points instead of merely repeating them. Guns kill people and must go. Guns cause people to do these things. They don't possess the intelligence to understand the underlying issues and the media's ability to play into people's twisted visions.

Last edited:
I'm just amazed how many of these propaganda sites there are. The kooks on this site continually reference them and they all have similar layouts and writing styles. Also, the articles always have poor writing and are loose on facts yet there's literally hundreds of propaganda sites out there. And when you start tracing where they come from they always lead back to shady figures in the right wing with dubious pasts. But these people obviously don't have the money to make these things happen so I wonder where is the money coming from for these sites that spread lies and paranoia?

Crucial Conversations

Tools for achieving personal and professional success
by Joseph Grenny, David Maxfield, Ron McMillan, Kerry Patterson, and Al Switzer

The Media Is an Accomplice in School Shootings
A call for a “Stephen King” law

Published on April 9, 2012 by Joseph Grenny in Crucial Conversations

I have watched in horror with most of America as the stories of the Chardon High School and Oikos University shootings unfolded. But my horror was twofold. The first misery came as I heard the names and numbers of victims and thought about the pain they and their families will endure for the rest of their lives. The second dose came as I held my breath, hoping and praying the media wouldn’t amplify the violence.

But they did.

They did exactly what was needed to influence the next perpetrator to lock and load.
1. They named the shooter.
2. They described his characteristics.
3. They detailed the crime.
4. They numbered the victims.
5. They ranked him against other “successful” attackers.

School shootings are a contagion. And the media are consistent accomplices in most every one of them.

---
The Media Is an Accomplice in School Shootings | Psychology Today

The Media Is an Accomplice in School Shootings - Google Search

Last edited:
I'm just amazed how many of these propaganda sites there are. The kooks on this site continually reference them and they all have similar layouts and writing styles. Also, the articles always have poor writing and are loose on facts yet there's literally hundreds of propaganda sites out there. And when you start tracing where they come from they always lead back to shady figures in the right wing with dubious pasts. But these people obviously don't have the money to make these things happen so I wonder where is the money coming from for these sites that spread lies and paranoia?

I don't remember the details, but I recall reading or scanning an article a while back having to do with Karl Rove setting up many bogus news sites, almost as if they were computer-generated, to pump out right-wing propaganda. Clones, if you will.

As I generally recall, the thrust of the endeavor was to bombard with propaganda, and before it could even be fact checked, bombard with more and different propaganda.

I don't remember the details, but I recall reading or scanning an article a while back having to do with Karl Rove setting up many bogus news sites, almost as if they were computer-generated, to pump out right-wing propaganda. Clones, if you will.

As I generally recall, the thrust of the endeavor was to bombard with propaganda, and before it could even be fact checked, bombard with more and different propaganda.

Yeah totally man. I mean I go and look at the sites these winners link to every time because I'm curious and I'm constantly amazed at the trend. Same layouts, same shitty articles, absolutely no effort to have legit information and they all look the same. There's something to this. I can tell there's a lot of money being pumped into these sites from somewhere yet there's so many of them and there's so much bullshit content being pumped out there from them that the money has to be coming from somewhere.

Maybe Sorry Soros is working both sides of the fence...:D

soros.jpg

---> http://www.google.com/search?source...30j0i5i30.0.0.0.16169...........0.F0y6kr2wxPo

Last edited:

soros.jpg

Your opinion really doesn't matter on this as you're just the useful idiot spreading the disinformation. I am extremely interested to know what is up with all these right wing propaganda sites though.

soros.jpg

Your opinion really doesn't matter on this as you're just the useful idiot spreading the disinformation. I am extremely interested to know what is up with all these right wing propaganda sites though.

Your opinion really doesn't matter on this as you're just the unuseful idiot spreading the disinformation. I am extremely interested to know what is up with all these left wing propaganda sites though.

That was EZ...:D

Last edited:
Disaffected youth + violent video games + easy access to assault weapons = massacre

And the libel fucktards are always the first to issue hew and cry about conspiracy theories.

Media Critics Say Sensational News Coverage Encourages Future School Shootings

BY Jeff Stone | December 16 2012

---
Vance wasn’t blaming the media for anyone threatening to commit a copy-cat crime, but did imply the sensationalism was immoral. After a German school shooting in 2009, Charlie Booker of the BBC eviscerated Britain’s major networks for seizing on any semblance of a story or video footage and portraying it as a major break in the case.

“Isn’t the news brilliant? Repeatedly showing a killer’s face, it’s just rubbernecking,” Booker said. “Once more, this sort of coverage only sends to tell this murdering little twat into a sort of nihilistic pinup boy.”

Dr. Par Dietz, a forensic expert cited in Booker’s report, stressed the need to consider the implications of excessive media coverage. Ratings and advertising dollars are dictating news judgment, he warned.

“We’ve had 20 years of mass murders, throughout which I’ve repeatedly told CNN and our other media, ‘If you don’t want to propagate mass murders don’t start the story of sirens blaring. Don’t have photographs of the killer. Don’t make this 24/7 coverage. Do everything you can not to make the body count the lead story and not to make the killer some kind of anti-hero.

---
Media Critics Say Sensational News Coverage Encourages Future School Shootings

Forum List

Back