America's Core with Rick Santorum

bulldog3

Rookie
Jan 6, 2012
Long ago, our grandmothers and grandfathers came to America, a melting pot, a land that gave freedom of religion, and freedom of speech to those who sook it. They were young, they were old, they fought for a place called the United States of America. Great Americans fought for this land sacrificing their own lives, their bodies, for Uncle Sam. WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, these Soldiers gave selfleshly to defend our freedom. And they still enlist for freedom in America til this day.

America was built on all breeds of religion and faith, but on those who belived on making the best of the opportunity given by the USA, hard working folks looking to build on and striving for better lives for their sons and daughters.

Today, in 2012, people don't seem to care about coming to America to go make it on their own. Some do. Some do not. Many are happy to take government handouts. What can the government do for me? Don't get me wrong many do want to work, but many will suffice with the gov't money they recieve.

That is not what America was built on. That is not what our forefathers gave their lives and strove for. It is not what what our grandparents and great-grandparents came here for.

Today, America must get back to its core. The same core that made America strong to begin with. The same core that made America the home of the free and the land of the brave. Hard work, your faith, your belief, and making life better for yourself and future family. It is not easy, no one said it was. It is hard work. Hard work that may not pay off for you, but will for the generations in your family to come.

To those who try to make it better for their families. It will not happen in one lifetime. People today hope too much for the here and now. Rome was not built in a day. It will take a couple generations. One who makes better their childs life better by working hard for their sons and daughters, teaching their sons and daughters the values of hard work, their kids will work equally as hard. That is what America is about.

America must get back to this core. Rick Santorum is the most genuine man to do it. As a country we are fairly equally divided between Democrats and Republicans. We should not be cemented in these stances. America was born and built upon morals and beliefs set by our forefathers. For decades they worked. Today, we must get back to these core beliefs to make our country as strong as we once were.

So today, I plead with you, step between the party lines and beliefs and to get back to what our country was founded on. The foundation, the beliefs, and at a minimum the work ethic this country was founded on. Mr. Santorum is the closest thing to what this country was built on. It is what we survived on for decades and the honest, hard working way we must get back to in order to make America survive for years to come.

So you are all in with the social/neo con pov. Got it. You could have saved some time by simply saying "the Constitution be damned, I desire a simple minded theocracy. May all your sons die in service to the empire."

Just sayin'

I don't see at all where I'm stepping on the constitutions toes. I'm simply saying perhaps America should get back to social practices it was founded on, in order to get back to where it once was.
I don't think I'm suggesting some sort of huge overhaul, I think I'm just suggesting a little mindset chance to get back towards what we were founded upon which seemed to work out pretty well.

Rickey doesn't represent my core American values.

He's a obsessed with other people's sex lives, far as I can tell.

That's as creepy as it is unAmerican.

my grandparents didn't make their kids play with dead babies...

santorum is a nutbar... no matter how much he dresses it up or gives a good victory speech.

anyone who thinks homosexuality and beastiality are the same and thinks states should have the right to ban the sale of contraception (specifically protected in griswold v ct)... shouldn't be leading this country.

but if you want to run him as your candidate, i'm all for it. :thup:

Doesn't mean he wants states to vote for it, in fact he doesn't, just means they should have the right to (which they probably never will).

Guess it just comes down to a difference of opinions, I think the less fed gov, the better. The way we were back in the day.

Doesn't mean he wants states to vote for it, in fact he doesn't, just means they should have the right to (which they probably never will).

Guess it just comes down to a difference of opinions, I think the less fed gov, the better. The way we were back in the day.

back in the day? What day? Pre FDR? When the Robber Barons ruled the country and workers died on a regular basis due to unsafe working conditions and were paid a pittance while those GREAT EXCEPTIONAL AMERICANS like the Morgans, Rockefellers, Mellons and Carnegies sucked up all the profits? Back in the day that actually GAVE RISE to the labor unions that people like you hate so much? Those good old days where when people organized for safer working conditions and better wages, the cops and sometimes the state military were called in to quell a strike and workers died in the process?

Yeah... sign me up:cuckoo::cuckoo:

back in the day? What day? Pre FDR? When the Robber Barons ruled the country and workers died on a regular basis due to unsafe working conditions and were paid a pittance while those GREAT EXCEPTIONAL AMERICANS like the Morgans, Rockefellers, Mellons and Carnegies sucked up all the profits? Back in the day that actually GAVE RISE to the labor unions that people like you hate so much? Those good old days where when people organized for safer working conditions and better wages, the cops and sometimes the state military were called in to quell a strike and workers died in the process?

Yup, there's a Dickensian horror story right around the corner, and only the brave fat union bosses with their six figure salaries for doing nothing are saving us from that.

Bullshit. We are doing just fine with only 9% of the Private sector unionized. At least we were until Boy-Obama got there.

Yup, there's a Dickensian horror story right around the corner, and only the brave fat union bosses with their six figure salaries for doing nothing are saving us from that.

Bullshit. We are doing just fine with only 9% of the Private sector unionized. At least we were until Boy-Obama got there.

Bullshit.... The problem with forgetting history is that you are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. I am not calling for everything to be unionized... far from it. But even YOU have to admit that the American Worker has been increasingly marginalized over the past 30 years... stagnant wages, increasing cost of living, Exploding Health Insurance costs that Workers themselves are now increasingly responsible for themselves, etc...

Besides... that was just one aspect of the "good ol days". Unregulated business and banking is what CAUSED the great depression and had a lot to do with the Financial collapse in 2008.... Like I said... those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Yeah the good old days, except they don't exist.

What we don't need is a bigoted homophobe in the White House like Rick.

Doesn't mean he wants states to vote for it, in fact he doesn't

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MBO9tNNejo]Santorum: birth control harms women and society - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, he does.

I don't see at all where I'm stepping on the constitutions toes. I'm simply saying perhaps America should get back to social practices it was founded on, in order to get back to where it once was.
I don't think I'm suggesting some sort of huge overhaul, I think I'm just suggesting a little mindset chance to get back towards what we were founded upon which seemed to work out pretty well.

There in lies the problem.

but they DON'T have the right to...

GRISWOLD V. CONNECTICUT, 381 U. S. 479 :: Volume 381 :: 1965 :: Full Text :: US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez

and states don't have the right to give fewer protections than the fed.

if you cared about small government, you would want to make sure that government stays away from our bedrooms.

Forum List

Back