America's Child Death Shame...And Governor Perry's State is one of th WORST

Do you consider it theft, when one person takes something that does not belong to him, from someone else?

What do you consider it when someone is not given what is really due to them?
How do you justify when the top 1% take 40% of the wealth?
So you are right. It is theft when one person takes something that "really" does not belong to them. But they take it because they have the game rigged.

Boy o boy, this post about sums up what America is dealing with.

The phrase "due to them" sums it up nicely..... just another lazy, entitlement minded bum. And then in advocacy of taking from the wealthy, he says the wealthy are stealing.

How does one end up this fucking stupid?

Pay parents not to abuse their children! What a concept!

Then there would be MORE child abuse because the parents could make more money.

How much child abuse is the result of parental drug use?

Every five hours a child dies from abuse or neglect in the US.

The latest government figures show an estimated 1,770 children were killed as a result of maltreatment in 2009.

A recent congressional report concludes the real number could be nearer 2,500.

In fact, America has the worst child abuse record in the industrialized world.
America's Child Death SHAME

Now let's take a look at Governor Perry's state of Texas...

In Texas last year, 10.2 of every 1,000 children suffered confirmed abuse or neglect, according to the 2010 annual report released earlier this year by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

The picture was even more grim in Lubbock County — 22.7 of every 1,000 children, which totalled 1,523 young victims here last year. The region, which includes the South Plains and Texas Panhandle, had a rate of 19.4 percent.

So what does the Governor do to combat this horrific record of child abuse in his state?

Why, cut funding of course!

I hear they've been killing kitties and puppies too!!!!!!!!

OH, THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Typical RWer...love the fetus, hate the child...53 afta.

The latest government figures show an estimated 1,770 children were killed as a result of maltreatment in 2009.

In Texas last year, 10.2 of every 1,000 children suffered confirmed abuse or neglect, according to the 2010 annual report released earlier this year by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

The picture was even more grim in Lubbock County — 22.7 of every 1,000 children, which totalled 1,523 young victims here last year. The region, which includes the South Plains and Texas Panhandle, had a rate of 19.4 percent.

So what does the Governor do to combat this horrific record of child abuse in his state?

Typical RWer...love the fetus, hate the child...53 afta.

Typical LWer.. preaching about the sanctity of life while simultaneously embracing sucking kids from the womb into a pan.

I think the government's involvement in this should be restricted to locking these fuckers up for a very long time.

My Blue state cut those services, why didnt you post that in conjunction?

Is the governor of your "blue state" running for POTUS? Does your state have the same out of control problem that TX does?

Interesting link.

At least one expert is of the opinion that the numbers in Texas could mean they are actually doing a better job of addressing the problem rather than ignoring it.

Another expert on child welfare, Richard Wexler of the National Coalition for Child Protection Reform, said the GAO report -- by detailing the inconsistency of child-fatality data -- highlighted the potential flaws in trying to rank states in this area.

"Phony `scorecards' claiming state X or Y is 'worst' when it comes to child abuse deaths penalize states that are rigorous in ferreting out such deaths and reward states that ignore them," Wexler said.

Is this a problem? Yes, kids dying because their parents are assholes is a problem. Is a problem affecting .004% of kids compared to .003% or .002% of kids "out of control"? Probably not. Especially in light of the fact concrete comparable numbers do not actually exist. So you have no idea if the situation is drastically worse in Texas or not.

I am glad child abuse is a joke to you. :clap2:

here comes the sermons.
:cuckoo::eusa_whistle:

Oh... cry me a river.... when you're ready to truly protect the sanctity of human life, give me a ring.

Forum List

Back