America's #1 Problem? Too Much Tolerance

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
AMERICA'S #1 PROBLEM? TOO MUCH TOLERANCE

Since the darkest decade of our nation's history, the 60's, we have been under assault by a vocal minority of whacko fringe lunatics who literally want to not just change America, but destroy it. (Liberals) The past forty years have turned us into a nation of softies, many of whom feel guilty about the very fact that we are American, thanks to an onslaught of carefully crafted messages and themes rammed down our throats in our schools, our media, and even our churches.

Today, as we enter the fifth decade of political correctness run amok, we confront our greatest threat to date; too much tolerance. Don't be fooled, either, this is no mistake. When the hippie movement began in America it had an ultimate goal of forcing America, "the great Satan," to realize that (in the hippies' minds) no one nation is better than another, no person is greater than another, and there are no "rights" or "wrongs," there are only choices and dilemmas that need to be solved based on each individual's circumstance, not based on a set of rules or laws imposed upon people by society. In other words, the hippies wanted to take what this country was literally founded upon (a nation of laws, not men) and tear it up, throw it away and start all over with a goal of being "nicer." How quaint.

It seems as though the hippie movement has lost its' steam in the past 5 years, but it is by no means defeated. Credit must be given where credit is due, and the politically correct movement has done a great job of poisoning our minds. 40 years of being told that we stole our land, that our founding fathers were drunken racist rapists who got lucky, that our belief systems are no better than a terrorists (just different) have ingrained in our culture a sense of doubt about our nation. Whether that doubt is subconscious or on our surface layer, it exists in almost every one of us.

As a result, we have become an overly tolerant nation. Certainly we had wrongs to right throughout our history and we have worked on doing so. It was wrong of us to be intolerant of people because of their skin color or their gender, for example. However, that extreme example does not mean that we as a nation must therefore be tolerant of ALL people who are in any way different from us.

The tolerance movement in America is based on the principle that there should be no moral judgments made about anyone at anytime by anyone. Their battle cry is "who are you to say?" The implication behind it goes back to the premise; no one person is better than another so how can anyone be judged?

This of course is pure tripe. We are a nation founded on winners and achievers. The very basis of our economic system demands that people achieve more than others and the very basis of our judicial system demands that most people be better than certain others. Not only is it that way, but it should be that way.

However, in the tolerance movement we are told that a child molester should be understood, studied, helped and tolerated because of his warped past. Translation: There are no crimes, only people who need counseling and you should feel guilty that you aren't one of them.

In the tolerance movement we are told that we, the rightful citizens of this nation, should tolerate people moving to our country and not speaking our language because they have it so rough and we have it so good. Translation: feel guilty for living in America and deal with it.

In the tolerance movement we are told that people who want to blow us up are just angry, poor, oppressed people who are lashing out against the un-fairness of the world. Translation: America has everything and doesn't do enough for others, so feel guilty and prepare to die.

In the tolerance movement we are told that children should never be held back a grade in school because it will damage their self-esteem. Translation: How you feel is far more important that what you achieve in life. There should be no expectations and no accountability for your actions.

In the tolerance movement we are told that girls should play on boys sports teams, that blacks should have "African-American" clubs at school but that a "whites only" club is racists, and we're told that pledging an allegiance to this nation under God is a violation of rights while at the same time we're told that a Muslim student must be allowed access to his prayer rug during math class. Translation: Everyone is the same and everyone is equally capable of achieving anything. Furthermore, everything you believe in and that your ancestors fought for is wrong, and everyone else is right. Deal with it you American pig.

All we do in this nation now it seems is explain problems and create excuses. Taking action is a rare and valued commodity in our culture now and a sorely needed one. There is a time and a place for everything, and I certainly understand that there are times when we need to analyze how we got ourselves into a situation and what the "causes" of the problem are. More importantly though, there are times when the cause is unimportant and only the right solution matters. Think of it this way; if you were trapped in a burning room, would you rather focus on how the fire started or how to get out of the room? America is on fire. We need to stop looking for the person who lit the match and start looking for the emergency exit. (That's some fine metaphorical writing right there, if I do say so myself).

http://robarnieanddawn.com/RobsSoapboxTolerance.htm

"Too much tolerance" for certain things .... usually something abnormal. The lack of tolerance for other things is amazing in a supposed "free" society.

GunnyL said:
"Too much tolerance" for certain things .... usually something abnormal. The lack of tolerance for other things is amazing in a supposed "free" society.

Just ask those backwoods, redneck, farmers back there in Viroqua, Wisconsin, that wanted to have their "diversity day". They had tolerance for everything and everybody, just as long as you weren't a Christian or ex-queer.

I thought this rant was good. I also though it would provoke more responses than it did.

Hmmmm... I guess it wasn't sensationalized enough...

Pale Rider said:
I thought this rant was good. I also though it would provoke more responses than it did.

Hmmmm... I guess it wasn't sensationalized enough...
I looked around on his website some. Is this guy's persona a charicature, or is that an accurate representation of who he actually is?

The ClayTaurus said:
I looked around on his website some. Is this guy's persona a charicature, or is that an accurate representation of who he actually is?

They have this morning talk show on the radio called Rob, Arnie and Dawn. They do all kinds of crazy stuff, but talk about some serious stuff too. I've called in a few times and talked on the air. Pretty fun actually.

And that's who the guy really is Clay. He considers himself a centrist, but he slams liberals quite a bit... with good reason. They give him such good fodder.

Pale Rider said:
They have this morning talk show on the radio called Rob, Arnie and Dawn. They do all kinds of crazy stuff, but talk about some serious stuff too. I've called in a few times and talked on the air. Pretty fun actually.

And that's who the guy really is Clay. He considers himself a centrist, but he slams liberals quite a bit... with good reason. They give him such good fodder.
Color matching his corvette to his suits? Please tell me he's being facetious...

The ClayTaurus said:
Color matching his corvette to his suits? Please tell me he's being facetious...

Nope. His radio persona is quite pompous actually. I make no apologise for that.

Forum List

Back