Americans Will Suffer Under New Obamacare Mandates

hmmm the Rabbi's really quiet now, guess he realizes he got served on this one....

This is what he does. He will insult, neg rep and then ignore.

when i proved to him that some of the things he wanted from the health care field were actually part of the new law already, i think he put his tail between his legs and went home.

Why is healthcare so so expensive?

I mean wasn't health insurance originally intended for the most catastrophic of scenarios?

How has routine checkups, prescription medications, and less intrusive and more basic medical procedures become so expensive?

Case in point, I had a checkup with an EKG reading done, a blood test, urinalysis, and the doctor checking my breathing.
The cost on my insurance claim was over $200.00 for about 15 minutes of time spent.

Why is it so expensive? Malpractice suits? unethical doctors? unethical medical industries? all of the above?

hmmm the Rabbi's really quiet now, guess he realizes he got served on this one....

This is what he does. He will insult, neg rep and then ignore.

when i proved to him that some of the things he wanted from the health care field were actually part of the new law already, i think he put his tail between his legs and went home.

No, he'll just move the goal posts and change the argument. He does it repeatedly. His posts are by far the best on this site because of his unmatched stubbornness. I linked to a couple of his best moments in my signature and that doesn't even include the thread when he told us what he thought of black people in politics. He's the gift that keeps on giving.

I mean wasn't health insurance originally intended for the most catastrophic of scenarios?

How has routine checkups, prescription medications, and less intrusive and more basic medical procedures become so expensive?

Case in point, I had a checkup with an EKG reading done, a blood test, urinalysis, and the doctor checking my breathing.
The cost on my insurance claim was over $200.00 for about 15 minutes of time spent.

Why is it so expensive? Malpractice suits? unethical doctors? unethical medical industries? all of the above?

Health Care should not be a for profit business. Health Care providers made a record $9.3 billion in profits in just the first 3 quarter last year off of health care services. Imagine if that money was pumped back into the system how much less your visit would have cost.

HC companies generate revenues in 1 way, through plan premiums. if they wish to increase profits there are only 2 ways to do so. you either increase the amount people pay in premiums, (by the same token that means charging more for basic services to drive up the costs) or you decrease the amount of services you provide. in the current environment, they are doing both.

in your specific case i actually do not think $200 is that much to pay for those services. you have to remember although you only spent 15 minutes with the doctor. you actually used the services of 3 people and a lab, all which have their individual costs. did you know what the cost of that lab equipment was? or the time it took the technician to run those tests? of what the doctors hourly rate was? even by a conservative estimate lets say the doc make $100/ hr (that about $200k annually, not that far of a reach for GP) so that 15 minutes cost $25 for his time. we'll say the lab tech makes $20 an hour, if the test takes an hour (just for argument sake) you are now up to $45. what about the overhead cost of the lab and doctors facility, nurses, administrators, accounting, billing, a conservative estimate would probably be $75-$125 per hour. lets call its $75 on the low end. so thats $75 for the lab and another and another $18.75 for the doctors office. so you now have a total of $138.75. mark that up by 30% and viola! $198.21. now if HC was a non profit, your cost for that visit would have been cut by $60, and everyone still gets paid, as well as the facilities are accounted for as well as the support staff.

i do think tort reform should have been a part of the new health care law. doctors malpractice insurance rates are ridiculous, and that is something that needs to be addressed.

Health Insurance Profits Soar, Dem Calls For Rebates

Health Care should not be a for profit business. Health Care providers made a record $9.3 billion in profits in just the first 3 quarter last year off of health care services. Imagine if that money was pumped back into the system how much less your visit would have cost.

HC companies generate revenues in 1 way, through plan premiums. if they wish to increase profits there are only 2 ways to do so. you either increase the amount people pay in premiums, (by the same token that means charging more for basic services to drive up the costs) or you decrease the amount of services you provide. in the current environment, they are doing both.

in your specific case i actually do not think $200 is that much to pay for those services. you have to remember although you only spent 15 minutes with the doctor. you actually used the services of 3 people and a lab, all which have their individual costs. did you know what the cost of that lab equipment was? or the time it took the technician to run those tests? of what the doctors hourly rate was? even by a conservative estimate lets say the doc make $100/ hr (that about $200k annually, not that far of a reach for GP) so that 15 minutes cost $25 for his time. we'll say the lab tech makes $20 an hour, if the test takes an hour (just for argument sake) you are now up to $45. what about the overhead cost of the lab and doctors facility, nurses, administrators, accounting, billing, a conservative estimate would probably be $75-$125 per hour. lets call its $75 on the low end. so thats $75 for the lab and another and another $18.75 for the doctors office. so you now have a total of $138.75. mark that up by 30% and viola! $198.21. now if HC was a non profit, your cost for that visit would have been cut by $60, and everyone still gets paid, as well as the facilities are accounted for as well as the support staff.

i do think tort reform should have been a part of the new health care law. doctors malpractice insurance rates are ridiculous, and that is something that needs to be addressed.

That breakdown does make the cost of my example make sense, inflation does nothing to help either.

I think the prescription medication costs are outright insane even with the overhead of the pharmaceutical companies in R&D, etc.

That breakdown does make the cost of my example make sense, inflation does nothing to help either.

I think the prescription medication costs are outright insane even with the overhead of the pharmaceutical companies in R&D, etc.

totally agree. there are a ton of problems with HC (and its supporting system). i think the new law is a good "start," but there should be some things changes.

such as tort reform (malpractice caps and such), being able to import RX drugs from canada and elsewhere (as long as they meet FDA regulations). this biggest should be that health care providers should be required to both own and operate their own hospitals (facilities) and offer insurance plans. removing the middle man. i.e. the kaiser model. the way the current system stands, lets use Blue Cross as an example, BC sell the plans that offers insurance. they mark up their product to pay for their people costs and profits. then the hospital that you get services at does the same, as they are owned by another corporation. so hence you are paying a double markup because the hospital and insurance provider are 2 separate companies. this drives prices up as both want to maximize profits. we could drive down costs if you remove the middle man.

There is no sense arguing with the terminally ignorant and moronic.

have you looked in a mirror lately? i answered and disproved just about everything you have said, and im the one whos ignorant?

werent you the one who want to be able to purchase HC across states line, and when i pointed out the new law contained that clause, you conveniently got quiet and decided to not be part of the discussion anymore. was it because you realized you didnt read the law, nor understood it. you simply liked to spout of the talking points you hear on Fox News or off some conservative website.

have you looked in a mirror lately? i answered and disproved just about everything you have said, and im the one whos ignorant?

werent you the one who want to be able to purchase HC across states line, and when i pointed out the new law contained that clause, you conveniently got quiet and decided to not be part of the discussion anymore. was it because you realized you didnt read the law, nor understood it. you simply liked to spout of the talking points you hear on Fox News or off some conservative website.

Actually it does not contain that clause. You are either stupid or lying.
Uncensored has eaten your lunch on ths thread, revealing you as the ignorant moron you are.
buh-bye.

Actually it does not contain that clause. You are either stupid or lying.
Uncensored has eaten your lunch on ths thread, revealing you as the ignorant moron you are.
buh-bye.

Guess you forgot about this little post:

PPACA Section 1333 requires the parent department of CMS, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), to issue regulations governing the creation of “health care choice” compacts by July 1, 2013.
Starting Jan. 1, 2016, two or more states will be able to use a compact to allow qualified health plans based in the participating states to sell health insurance in all participating states.

http://www.ncsl.org/documents/health/ppaca-consolidated.pdf

You got served! :lol: AGAIN!

It's 159 new agencies;

This is a nonsensical list. Quality measurement is not a new agency.

The person incharge of Quality Measurement will have an entire staff, perhaps multiple locations and who knows what else.

There will be 16,000 new IRS agents alone.

Are you as foolish as Skynet? Do you think there will be no costs to the taxpayer for Obamacare? That is the real issue here. Not how many new agencies will be created. Reports of over 150 new agencies are being reported. Let's say it is 1/2 of that. Taxpayers are paying for all this bogus bureaucracy to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars per year. Healthcare is 1/3 of this nation’s economy. If you want to control it, it is going to be expansive to do so

It's 159 new agencies;

The person incharge of Quality Measurement will have an entire staff, perhaps multiple locations and who knows what else.

Are you as foolish as Skynet? Do you think there will be no costs to the taxpayer for Obamacare? That is the real issue here. Not how many new agencies will be created. Reports of over 150 new agencies are being reported. Let's say it is 1/2 of that. Taxpayers are paying for all this bogus bureaucracy to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars per year. Healthcare is 1/3 of this nation’s economy. If you want to control it, it is going to be expansive to do so

did you pull that 16,000 number out of your ass?

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/03/irs-expansion/

Reading the 2,016-page House bill, we were able to find 32 new agencies, task forces, advisory committees, and other bureaucratic creations. They range from a Comparative Effectiveness Research Commission to a Personal Care Attendant Workforce Advisory Panel.
Fact or fiction? Bill creates 150 new agencies - Health - Health care - Dose of Reality - msnbc.com

the website that claims 159 new agencies (159 new federal agencies Obamacare)

calls itself "a conservative site to protect your right". perfectly reputable and legitimate in my mind :cuckoo:

Last edited:

IRS Expansion | FactCheck.org

Reading the 2,016-page House bill, we were able to find 32 new agencies, task forces, advisory committees, and other bureaucratic creations. They range from a Comparative Effectiveness Research Commission to a Personal Care Attendant Workforce Advisory Panel.
Fact or fiction? Bill creates 150 new agencies - Health - Health care - Dose of Reality - msnbc.com

calls itself "a conservative site to protect your right". perfectly reputable and legitimate in my mind :cuckoo:

Oops some needs to update Factcheck.org - March 30, 2010

IRS now hiring 1,054 agents to enforce ObamaCare. This is just the first wave.

2/16/11 - IRS says it will soon need 16,000 new IRS agents to enforce ObamaCare

USA NEWS: The Internal Revenue Service says it will need an battalion of 1,054 new auditors and staffers and new facilities at a cost to taxpayers of more than $359 million in fiscal 2012 just to watch over the initial implementation of President Obama’s healthcare reforms. Among the new corps will be 81 workers assigned to make sure tanning salons pay a new 10 percent excise tax. Their cost: $11.5 million.

USA NEWS: The Internal Revenue Service says it will need an battalion of 1,054 new auditors and staffers and new facilities at a cost to taxpayers of more than $359 million in fiscal 2012 just to watch over the initial implementation of President Obama’s healthcare reforms. Among the new corps will be 81 workers assigned to make sure tanning salons pay a new 10 percent excise tax. Their cost: $11.5 million.

yup 16,000 is exactly equal to 1,054 :clap2:

well played cowboy, well played. you really got me there.

Perhaps you should conver with the IRS. It is the 1st wave.

maybe you should confer with them since your the one claiming that they are hiring 16,000 agents not me. you only posted that the IRS said it will need 1,054 new people.

maybe you should confer with them since your the one claiming that they are hiring 16,000 agents not me. you only posted that the IRS said it will need 1,054 new people.

Regardless of which report you believe - This is going to be costly and unnecessary. Do we need healthcare reform? Maybe, but I do not want Government involved in my healthcare and I sure don't want my tax $$$ wasted on more government bureaucracy.

This is all a step towards a single payer plan anyway. Insurance companies will go out of business with this kind of over regulation and the Government is going to step in and take over. This is an intentional effort to destroy Insurance Companies by the far left.

If you wanted to quick fix health insurance costs. Let me buy out of state. That would be the biggest cost savings and quality improvement we could make. Competition is the key, not government involvment.

The Government need to leave the private sector alone. This is the cause of all our current problems...See Barney Frank and Fanny Mae

Last edited:

Regardless of which report you believe - This is going to be costly and unnecessary. Do we need healthcare reform? Maybe, but I do not want Government involved in my healthcare and I sure don't want my tax $$$ wasted on more government bureaucracy.

This is all a step towards a single payer plan anyway. Insurance companies will go out of business with this kind of over regulation and the Government is going to step in and take over. This is an intentional effort to destroy Insurance Companies by the far left.

regardless of what i believe??? im not the one making up facts to suit my argument.

New Topics

Forum List

Back