Americans Want Federal Gov't Out of State Marijuana Laws

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
But the admin doesn't care.

This may be where all the morons who voted for this admin are going to realize that Obama is all about eliminating their rights as well as the rights of everyone who voted against him.

Won't it be fun when the feds come to your house and seize your plants and charge you..or maybe they'll just seize your property. Of course, they'll have to get in line behind the IRS agents who are pounding on your door.

You deserve what you're going to get.

This may be where all the morons who voted for this admin are going to realize that Obama is all about eliminating their rights as well as the rights of everyone who voted against him.

Won't it be fun when the feds come to your house and seize your plants and charge you..or maybe they'll just seize your property. Of course, they'll have to get in line behind the IRS agents who are pounding on your door.

Federal Law trumps State law, been that way since the Constitution was approved by the States. You Don't like it? To damn bad. Your recourse is to get an amendment passed Congress and then 37 States or get Congress to pass a new law.

My personal opinion is that the Federal Government should shut down any State that violates Federal law. Since they don't want to obey the law cut off all funds for EVERYTHING. This includes the idiots that claim they are sanctuaries for illegal shit.

My grandfather did 6 months in federal prison because he ran a still.

The feds have no right to tell us what we can produce, sell, drink or smoke. And that's something that will motivate otherwise apathetic hillbillies to kill over.

Federal Law trumps State law, been that way since the Constitution was approved by the States. You Don't like it? To damn bad. Your recourse is to get an amendment passed Congress and then 37 States or get Congress to pass a new law.

My personal opinion is that the Federal Government should shut down any State that violates Federal law. Since they don't want to obey the law cut off all funds for EVERYTHING. This includes the idiots that claim they are sanctuaries for illegal shit.

To be fair federal law trumps state law only in the areas of federal competency. The federal government has claimed drug regulation, but I see no consitutional basis for it, unless the drugs cross state lines. A 10th amendment fight against federal drug laws, given a strict constructionist court, should theoretically suceeed on its merits.

I doubt it would though, as federal regulation of drugs seems to have precedence on its side.

The feds have no right to tell us what we can produce, sell, drink or smoke. And that's something that will motivate otherwise apathetic hillbillies to kill over.

It wasnt directly because of the still, it was probably because of evading the excise tax on alcohol production, a taxing ability congress has claimed since the consitution was signed.

It wasnt directly because of the still, it was probably because of evading the excise tax on alcohol production, a taxing ability congress has claimed since the consitution was signed.

"The revenue man wanted Granddaddy bad............"

No, it was because of the still. Someone found it.

They had feds crawling all over the range back then. Someone brought one around, and he snitched it out. I doubt if my grandfather ever paid taxes, ever. While he was in prison, my grandmother sold eggs, milk and butter to pay the bills...which weren't many, as they had no electricity or running water, and owned the land outright.

They had feds crawling all over the range back then. Someone brought one around, and he snitched it out. I doubt if my grandfather ever paid taxes, ever. While he was in prison, my grandmother sold eggs, milk and butter to pay the bills...which weren't many, as they had no electricity or running water, and owned the land outright.

So the government doesn't have the right to regulate commerce?

I don't know. I haven't thought about it much.

I know I'm sick of pretty much everything our current admin does, and I'm willing to entertain any action or inaction that will keep them at bay.

I don't know. I haven't thought about it much.

I know I'm sick of pretty much everything our current admin does, and I'm willing to entertain any action or inaction that will keep them at bay.

I'll answer the question.

They do.

Your grandfather broke the law, and he went to jail for a short stint.

It's that simple. It's not an argument for personnel liberty. I doubt he was ideological about his still.

Personnel liberty? mphahahaha

No, I doubt he was ideological about his still too. I'm just saying, I think the snitch got offed.

So you're okay with hillbillies growing Opium Poppies, Peyote, Mushrooms, Baby Hawian Wood Rose, Coca???

So the government doesn't have the right to regulate commerce?

Simply owning a still is technically a crime, even if the only thing you make with it is for personal consumption.

So you're okay with hillbillies growing Opium Poppies, Peyote, Mushrooms, Baby Hawian Wood Rose, Coca???

Sure, go for it. Not sure much of that would actually grow here (unlike pot, which will grow essentially anyplace short of a desert), but if so, go for it.

Forum List

Back