Americans Strongly Favor Religious Displays on Public Lands, Celebrating Religious Ho

I was in Bosnia during the first year after the war ended. To put it briefly, just about every single building in that country was marred either with bullet holes or artillery shells. It was rare to see a building without any war-related damage.

For the uninitiated, Bosnia comprised of Muslims, Serbs and Croats. While the Serbs and Croats are Christian, the Croats are predominantly Catholic while the Serbs have their own brand of Serbian Christian Orthodox faith.

On one December night, our patrol took us through a portion of each sector. The Muslim and Serb sectors were pretty depressing. In the Croat sector, even though many of the homes were partially destroyed with some of them having entire walls missing, it seemed that every one of them were decorated with Christmas lights. Seemed that in the wake of all of the destruction, the Croats had hope.

I'm not a Christian. But I don't have a problem with religious displays. I do, however, have to ponder why so-called atheists have such a sense of insecurity whenever they come across a religious display.

the majority always favors its own displays.... i'm pretty sure those same people would have a nervous breakdown if it were islamic symbols being displayed.

that's why they aren't allowed to do it on the government dime.

yet the government pays people for the holiday and forces private employers to pay time and half for a religious holiday....christmas....

Please point me to a link to show where the federal government forces private employers to pay time and a half for any holidays at all.

I was in Bosnia during the first year after the war ended. To put it briefly, just about every single building in that country was marred either with bullet holes or artillery shells. It was rare to see a building without any war-related damage.

For the uninitiated, Bosnia comprised of Muslims, Serbs and Croats. While the Serbs and Croats are Christian, the Croats are predominantly Catholic while the Serbs have their own brand of Serbian Christian Orthodox faith.

On one December night, our patrol took us through a portion of each sector. The Muslim and Serb sectors were pretty depressing. In the Croat sector, even though many of the homes were partially destroyed with some of them having entire walls missing, it seemed that every one of them were decorated with Christmas lights. Seemed that in the wake of all of the destruction, the Croats had hope.

I'm not a Christian. But I don't have a problem with religious displays. I do, however, have to ponder why so-called atheists have such a sense of insecurity whenever they come across a religious display.

Refresh our memories...what were they killing each other over?

Refresh our memories...what were they killing each other over?

Conflicting nationalist aspirations.

Forum List

Back