Americans Overwhelmingly Say Obama Bowing To Japanese Emperor Was Appropriate

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Americans Overwhelmingly Say Obama Bowing To Japanese Emperor Was Appropriate -- Even In A Fox Poll | TPMDC

Despite a lot of complaining by conservatives, the American people don't actually have any problem with President Obama bowing to the Emperor of Japan -- and that's according to the new Fox News poll.

Respondents were asked: "When the president of the United States is traveling overseas, do you think it is appropriate for him to bow to a foreign leader if that is the country's custom or is it never appropriate for the president to bow to another leader?"

The numbers: Appropriate 67%, Never appropriate 26%. Even a majority of Republican respondents were okay with the bow, by a 53%-40% margin. Democrats weigh in at 84%-9%, and independents 62%-30%.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that's wonderful. Wonder if he got some Nike basketball shoes fresh from a Japanese sweatshop?

Who's shoes will he kiss next?

I'm a little disapointed in the bow simply because a president is suppose to be a strong figure and not one that kneels before everyone. I think that most people don't realize is that it was not a mutual bow that would show equals but a one-sided bow where the emperor (a figurehead of royalty) did not bow back. Has anyone asked why the emperor did not bow with Obama? I bet if you asked the Emperor of Japan he would tell you that it would not be appropriate for him to bow yet it seems ok for the president to bow to him.

I would also like to ask is how many Americans would bow to any royalty themselves. I bet most people would just laugh their ass off at such a request yet our president does not have the self-esteem of the average American citizen.

To sum it up. The president went in thinking that he and the Emperor would each put on a kick-me sign on them but after Obama put his on the Emperor of Japan refused then started laughing his ass off at the president.

Last edited:
I'm a little disapointed in the bow simply because a president is suppose to be a strong figure and not one that kneels before everyone. I think that most people don't realize is that it was not a mutual bow that would show equals but a one-sided bow where the emperor (a figurehead of royalty) did not bow back. Has anyone asked why the emperor did not bow with Obama? I bet if you asked the Emperor of Japan he would tell you that it would not be appropriate for him to bow yet it seems ok for the president to bow to him.

I would also like to ask is how many Americans would bow to any royalty themselves. I bet most people would just laugh their ass off at such a request yet our president does not have the self-esteem of the average American citizen.

To sum it up. The president went in thinking that he and the Emperor would each put on a kick-me sign on them but after Obama put his on the Emperor of Japan refused then started laughing his ass off at the president.

Are we happy that we voted cluesless morons like this out of office? No wonder BOOOOOOSH and company set US international diplomacy back 100 years.

They had morons like ihopefails advising them

again...Nixon bowed to Hirohito.... Nixon bowed to the fucking Pope...

Ike bowed to a fucking frog, Charles DeGaulle, and NOBODY on the right said BOO about any of that.

the faux outrage is hilarious!

Does anyone here know if Fux News ever got around to broadcasting the results of their poll?

Or is it still just on their website?

Last edited:
Americans probably also overwhelmingly think the most important recent news item is the Ric Flair - Hulk Hogan riff caught on video. What's your point?

pledge-allegiance-to-obama.jpg

Are we happy that we voted cluesless morons like this out of office? No wonder BOOOOOOSH and company set US international diplomacy back 100 years.

Wouldn't it be nice if you can reply with something intelligent (in any of your post) instead of insulting people?

I didn't say he should go in there and kick his ass and challenge him to a judo match to decide who should own the rights to the canary islands. I said he should just shake his hand and the emperor should shake his or are you to afraid that is that projecting to much strength which might cause the Japanese to re-bomb pearl harbor. At which you point you would probably call that "blow-back" for handshaking and turn around and blame the people who died in that attack just like you guys did for the people who died in 911.

Last edited:
Appropriate or Inappropriate? Kind of silly issue in my opinion. All it shows is that the failed "Community Organizer" is in way over his head. It may not have been inappropriate but he does seem to be pretty clueless without his teleprompter. He's just a guy who was not qualified to be President in the first place. How could so many be duped into thinking an inexperienced and failed "Community Organizer" would be a great President? It really is pretty bizarre.

Forum List

Back