Americans May Not Be 'Sold' On National Health Care

She's using her own supplied url:

http://www.nchc.org/facts/coverage.shtml

note her info comes from there, with a direct to an endnote. Said endnote takes you to another 'national health care site', only the "facts" you know. ;)

Oh yes quite...................their doing such a bang up job..........:eusa_doh: :rolleyes: ;)

I'm just hoping that I can escape from here today with my limbs in tact yaknow................:rolleyes:

I have to point out something to you guys, um girls...................and it has to be added to the scenario because it had much to do with it............AND because it's so much of the part that "I know absolutely nothing about"..............:rolleyes: :eusa_drool: :eusa_think:

http://www.americanmafia.com/Crime_And_Labor.html

FOXY...............FOXY................I see you sitting down there honey..............HELLLLLLO..............

Ok I'm back to argue this issue further.......................even though I'm out of my mind and know absolutely nothing about this issue.......:rolleyes:

Let's start by me asking you.............WHO STARTED "PROTECTION" RACKETS?:eusa_whistle:

And Foxy your assessmant of what gubment actually does or doesn't do for us in this issue may be more than just a little "distorted".................:eusa_whistle:

I don't know what you know about insurance and health insurance or how government policies do or do not affect that nor have I presumed to say what you do or do not know. What I know I have learned from working in the insurance and health care provider industries.

Protection rackets predate the Roman Empire. There have been forms of them around since people began traveling extensively and shipping via caravan or by sea became an industry. They certainly were not invented by organized crime.

Health insurance (or any other insurance) also was not invented by organized crime or the trade unions whether or not such were linked. It is true that health plans were promoted by the trade unions and that some, maybe at one time most, trade unions were infested by organized crime. That does not translate to organized crime giving a flying fig whether somebody had health insurance or not, however.

I don't know what you know about insurance and health insurance or how government policies do or do not affect that nor have I presumed to say what you do or do not know. What I know I have learned from working in the insurance and health care provider industries.

Protection rackets predate the Roman Empire. There have been forms of them around since people began traveling extensively and shipping via caravan or by sea became an industry. They certainly were not invented by organized crime.

Health insurance (or any other insurance) also was not invented by organized crime or the trade unions whether or not such were linked. It is true that health plans were promoted by the trade unions and that some, maybe at one time most, trade unions were infested by organized crime. That does not translate to organized crime giving a flying fig whether somebody had health insurance or not, however.

No dear I was refering to a common sentiment created yesterday not by you specifically....................my wife also worked in both industries and still does.............although very soon not to be my wife anymore.........basically over these issues in a real sense.:eusa_doh:

Let's forget about the Roman empire and Babylonia shall we.................I'm talking about 20th century America...............:eusa_doh: :eusa_think:

And "organized crime" has in real terms more definitions than the "La Cosa Nostra".......................Organized Crime BTW is what IS wrong and always has been wrong with our labor unions...................right down to their originated bones and foundations.........but that's not purely my point or points...................just direct and indirect paths to how what was created by whom and formed in the directions we have come and reached..................IMHO with the industries involved they most certainly DID have vested interested in those directions AND ARE MAJOR PLAYERS..........:eusa_whistle:

FDR had considered nationalized health care, rejected in the end.

WWII, employers were frozen on wages, they compensated by introducing health care as a way to keep employees, especially GM.

During the war-wives of those serving could get maternity care, but since those guys were 'missing' for the most part, wasn't a big deal and expired with the end of war.

After the war, those returning and taking jobs, also got the health care and that is when insurance really took hold:

1947 prenatal and maternity direct pay to doctor and hospital, 10 day stay: less than $200.

1955 prenatal and maternity direct pay to doctor and hospital, 7 day stay: $550.

1956 prenatal and maternity direct pay to doctor and hospital, 5 day stay:
$700.

1965 prenatal and maternity direct pay to doctor and hospital, 5 day stay:
$900.

1981 prenatal and maternity direct pay to doctor and hospital, 2 day stay:
$7000+

Now mind you, the chance of leaving the hospital with a healthy baby with prenatal and hospital care has increased dramatically, thanks to the breakthroughs in technology. The choice of whether or not to deliver a baby with defects is now a given, again due to tests that are now routine. It all costs money.

The money that insurance has flooded the system with has allowed in no small part for the development of these technologies and not just regarding obstetrics. However, they've also driven up the costs, which is why an aspirin in the hospital has surpassed $5.00 per tab.

Waahhhh! People don't have health care....waahhh. Whose fault is that?

It's a combination of several things.

The price right now if you don't get it at work, and sometimes even if you do, is so high that you can't afford it. When people are working two or more jobs and can't afford healthcare, they aren't just lazy liberals.

Our system is broken. We pay more per person than any other industrialized country but still rank 38 in overall quality.

The AMA has been successful in branding any kind of universal health care as socialized medicine.

If we adopted a universal health care plan, each of us who is currently paying for healthcare would probably pay less.

Socialized medicine is a term used primarily in the United States to refer to certain kinds of publicly-funded health care.[1] The term is used most frequently, and often pejoratively, in the U.S. political debate concerning health care.[2][3][4][5][6] Definitions vary, and usage is inconsistent. The term can refer to any system of medical care that is publicly financed, government administered, or both, although some say the literal meaning is confined to a system where government directly employs and owns health care providers.[7][8][9]

Universal health care, or universal healthcare, is health care coverage which is extended to all citizens, and sometimes permanent residents, of a governmental region. Universal health care programs vary widely in their structure and funding mechanisms, particularly the degree to which they are publicly funded. Typically, most health care costs are met by the population via compulsory health insurance or taxation, or a combination of both.

If we adopted a universal health care plan, each of us who is currently paying for healthcare would probably pay less.

I really don't care about paying less. Truth is, I'm happy with my health care. Some may not be, but most are. Then there are those without. Myriad of reasons, but in emergency, they have care.

You want us to go for the lowest common denominator.

New Topics

Forum List

Back