Americans Have No Idea How Few Gay People There Are

Is anyone having their rights denied for being left handed? Do they have anything TO protest?

BTW...there ARE Left-handed conventions.

BTW....when did you CHOOSE to not be ...er...."lefthanded"?

Scissors
Pencil sharpeners
Computer mouse
Cameras
Guitars
Firearms
Writing (penmanship)
Desks in classrooms
Table saw
Wrist watches
Desktop keyboards
Cooking and baking utensils
Notebooks
Manual can openers
Belts
Those damn stylist pens are usually attached on the right
Ice cream scoops
Pants with only one back pocket (it's always on the right)
Coffee makers often only have one water level indicator on the left side, which means pour with your right hand.

But hey, we lefties just live with what we've been born with and are okay with it all, adapting where necessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are all things that can be supplied thru private, merchantial sources......they are not restricted THRU the government, are they?

Nope and no one ever protests them either. Us lefties are adaptable.

I've already stated my pov on gay marriage -- leave marriage as defined to one man/one woman call gay's a civil union (or garriage or parriage) and have the same benefits as marriage. Or get gov't out of it completely so no one has benefits over someone else.

Now, I did forget to mention microwaves. Damn things are just uber geared for righties . . . . . damnitall

Being left handed isn't sexually perverse. Being homo is.

Pretending there's a correlation between the two is pathetically ignorant.

Actually, being left handed used to be thought of as evil...and left handed people were PROGRAMMED (read forced) by religious organizations and parents to deny their lefthandedness and use their right hand. And while it is not purely genetic, lefthandedness does run in families....and is quite often connected to gayness.

Scissors
Pencil sharpeners
Computer mouse
Cameras
Guitars
Firearms
Writing (penmanship)
Desks in classrooms
Table saw
Wrist watches
Desktop keyboards
Cooking and baking utensils
Notebooks
Manual can openers
Belts
Those damn stylist pens are usually attached on the right
Ice cream scoops
Pants with only one back pocket (it's always on the right)
Coffee makers often only have one water level indicator on the left side, which means pour with your right hand.

But hey, we lefties just live with what we've been born with and are okay with it all, adapting where necessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are all things that can be supplied thru private, merchantial sources......they are not restricted THRU the government, are they?

I've already stated my pov on gay marriage -- leave marriage as defined to one man/one woman call gay's a civil union (or garriage or parriage) and have the same benefits as marriage. Or get gov't out of it completely so no one has benefits over someone else.

Now, I did forget to mention microwaves. Damn things are just uber geared for righties . . . . . damnitall

How long would you Lefties stay quiet if the government did not allow you to legally marry? How long would you Lefties stay quiet if the government did not allow you to legally adopt? How long would you Lefties stay quiet if the government did not allow you to openly serve in the military?

Or are you saying that Lefties would be a bunch of wimps?

Actually, being left handed used to be thought of as evil...and left handed people were PROGRAMMED (read forced) by religious organizations and parents to deny their lefthandedness and use their right hand. And while it is not purely genetic, lefthandedness does run in families....and is quite often connected to gayness.

Well, that's the first I've ever heard that. Link?

How long would you Lefties stay quiet if the government did not allow you to legally marry? How long would you Lefties stay quiet if the government did not allow you to legally adopt? How long would you Lefties stay quiet if the government did not allow you to openly serve in the military?

omg, lighten up Francis.

I've already stated my pov on the whole marriage thing. I wouldn't demand that righties rename something just because the minority of lefties demanded it.

Lefties aren't wimps . . . let me rephrase that, left handed people aren't wimps.

Wimp is someone who gets five guys to hold down one shy gay kid so the guy who assaults him doesn't need to worry about suffering embarrassment from getting his ass whipped by that shy gay kid. Then he gives the terrified kid a "haircut". A profession traditionally associated with being gay.

I will try to find one...but surprisingly...about half my gay friends are left handed.

Here's wiki...with further links to studies.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness_and_sexual_orientation

I will try to find one...but surprisingly...about half my gay friends are left handed.

One out of two?

Conservatives have the idea that since gays are only two percent of the population that it os no big deal if they use them as whipping boys for their radical fringe

But when you consider that those gays have parents, have brothers and sisters and have close straight friends who appreciate their plight, the percent rises to over 20%

For such a small minority there seem to be ALOT of people out there that want to regulate what they do and how they live. Like they are afraid they are going to "catch the gay" or something.

"These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage?" Eastwood tells the magazine. "I don't give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of ... Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

Clint Eastwood supports gay marriage....sort of | Reuters

That sums up how I feel about it too.

............. :lol: ........... new one on me ............ :lol:

Regardless... still... there's nothing sexually perverted about being left handed, as there is with being homo.

............. :lol: ........... new one on me ............ :lol:

Regardless... still... there's nothing sexually perverted about being left handed, as there is with being homo.

do you work at being stupid or is it a gift from god?

More left-handed people, yet fewer protests.....

I don't think they HAVE to protest not being allowed to marry or serve or keep their jobs or be allowed to adopt. If lefthanded people were denied such things, do you think they would do NOTHING?

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass all the time.....
:razz:

You're still not using my right-handed ballpoint
:lol:

Proposition 8 same-sex marriage fight headed to U.S. Supreme Court

U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals votes not to review smaller panel's overturning of California's gay marriage ban. High court is expected to review Prop. 8 this fall.

By Maura Dolan, Los Angeles Times
June 5, 2012

California's legal battle over same-sex nuptials is now headed to the U.S. Supreme Court, the final chapter in four years of litigation over the constitutionality of Proposition 8's ban on gay marriage.

Proposition 8 same-sex marriage fight headed to U.S. Supreme Court - latimes.com

By Garance Franke-Ruta
May 31 2012

Surveys show a shockingly high fraction think a quarter of the country is gay or lesbian, when the reality is that it's probably less than 2 percent.
queernation.banner.jpg

One in ten. It's the name of the group that puts on the Reel Affirmations gay and lesbian film festival in Washington, D.C., each year. It's the percent popularized by the Kinsey Report as the size of the gay male population. And it's among the most common figures pointed to in popular culture as an estimate of how many people are gay or lesbian.

But what percentage of the population is actually gay or lesbian? With the debate over same-sex marriage again an emerging fault line in American political life, the answer comes as a surprise: A lower number than you might think -- and a much, much, much lower one than most Americans believe.

In surveys conducted in 2002 and 2011, pollsters at Gallup found that members of the American public massively overestimated how many people are gay or lesbian. In 2002, a quarter of those surveyed guessed upwards of a quarter of Americans were gay or lesbian (or "homosexual," the third option given). By 2011, that misperception had only grown, with more than a third of those surveyed now guessing that more than 25 percent of Americans are gay or lesbian. Women and young adults were most likely to provide high estimates, approximating that 30 percent of the population is gay. Overall, "U.S. adults, on average, estimate that 25 percent of Americans are gay or lesbian," Gallup found. Only 4 percent of all those surveyed in 2011 and about 8 percent of those surveyed in 2002 correctly guessed that fewer than 5 percent of Americans identify as gay or lesbian.

Politics - Garance Franke-Ruta - Americans Have No Idea How Few Gay People There Are - The Atlantic

Kinsey "polled" homosexuals, pedophiles, and prison inmates, and then sold the results as "normal".
And progressives bought it, and continue to shout that shit from the rooftops, even though they know it's horsecrap.

Know why? Progressives aren't concerned with truth. They're concerned with creating a culture of depravity and death.

For such a small minority there seem to be ALOT of people out there that want to regulate what they do and how they live. Like they are afraid they are going to "catch the gay" or something.

"These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage?" Eastwood tells the magazine. "I don't give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of ... Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

Clint Eastwood supports gay marriage....sort of | Reuters
That sums up how I feel about it too.

You can have the life you want. Get your gay buddies to fund some little perks for homo unions. Otherwise, marry a member of the opposite sex, if you want the perks reserved for people who marry members of the opposite sex.

By Garance Franke-Ruta
May 31 2012

Surveys show a shockingly high fraction think a quarter of the country is gay or lesbian, when the reality is that it's probably less than 2 percent.
queernation.banner.jpg

One in ten. It's the name of the group that puts on the Reel Affirmations gay and lesbian film festival in Washington, D.C., each year. It's the percent popularized by the Kinsey Report as the size of the gay male population. And it's among the most common figures pointed to in popular culture as an estimate of how many people are gay or lesbian.

But what percentage of the population is actually gay or lesbian? With the debate over same-sex marriage again an emerging fault line in American political life, the answer comes as a surprise: A lower number than you might think -- and a much, much, much lower one than most Americans believe.

In surveys conducted in 2002 and 2011, pollsters at Gallup found that members of the American public massively overestimated how many people are gay or lesbian. In 2002, a quarter of those surveyed guessed upwards of a quarter of Americans were gay or lesbian (or "homosexual," the third option given). By 2011, that misperception had only grown, with more than a third of those surveyed now guessing that more than 25 percent of Americans are gay or lesbian. Women and young adults were most likely to provide high estimates, approximating that 30 percent of the population is gay. Overall, "U.S. adults, on average, estimate that 25 percent of Americans are gay or lesbian," Gallup found. Only 4 percent of all those surveyed in 2011 and about 8 percent of those surveyed in 2002 correctly guessed that fewer than 5 percent of Americans identify as gay or lesbian.

Politics - Garance Franke-Ruta - Americans Have No Idea How Few Gay People There Are - The Atlantic

I would be surprised if it is much over 1%, but that is still 3 million people, just in the US. If it is 2%, then it's a bit over 6 million people. There are a lot of states with less than 3 million people and definitely a lot of states with less than 6 million. Just because they don't account for a large percentage of the population doesn't mean we should treat them like shit.

Forum List

Back