Americans have Health Care thanks to Obamacare

When are "conservatives" gonna quit running "interference" for....

BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube
Idiot !
Why don't you read the financial statements by insurance companies as they are bound by law to report exactly what their operating expenses are and if they
falsify they go to jail!

It is HOW MUCH of the premiums are paid out in CLAIMS IDiOT!!!!

What is the percentage of premiums PAID out in claims for the following major companies? 80%!!!

Moyers/Potter

WENDELL POTTER: The industry doesn't want to have any competitor. In fact, over the course of the last few years, has been shrinking the number of competitors through a lot of acquisitions and mergers. So first of all, they don't want any more competition period. They certainly don't want it from a government plan that might be operating more efficiently than they are, that they operate. The Medicare program that we have here is a government-run program that has administrative expenses that are like three percent or so.

BILL MOYERS: Compared to the industry's--

WENDELL POTTER: They spend about 20 cents of every premium dollar on overhead, which is administrative expense or profit. So they don't want to compete against a more efficient competitor.

827.gif

:eusa_whistle:
Yep, 20 cents of every dollar by private insurance companies. Lots less for Medicare for All.

thank you

I already had it, because I have a job and am not a lazy piece of shit....Also Americans are FORCED to have it......go to a prison and see if you like to be FORCED to take it.....who knows, you'll probably love it.

I don't know if ObamaCare have anything to do with it but I lost my primary doctor because he wanted to charge me $35 a month for more "personal" care and he no longer take my insurance and just lost my Neurologist because he don't either. I have found a resident doctor who is in school in the mornings and supervised office in the afternoons. Provided with a nurse practitioner to follow my MS. Medicare is my insurance but doctors only want Medicare Advantage Plans.
Cannot find a doctor that take medicare and medicaid except in county clinic. And they are full of illegal aliens. As is emergency rooms. had to get a refill on my meds by going to ER.
My 21 year old grand-daughter is not on her fathers insurance because he is unemployed again. Her mother's pre-existing heart problem is covered by her insurance with a $3,000 deduction. Take ObamacCare to the out house with you.

I don't know if ObamaCare have anything to do with it but I lost my primary doctor because he wanted to charge me $35 a month for more "personal" care and he no longer take my insurance and just lost my Neurologist because he don't either. I have found a resident doctor who is in school in the mornings and supervised office in the afternoons. Provided with a nurse practitioner to follow my MS. Medicare is my insurance but doctors only want Medicare Advantage Plans.
Cannot find a doctor that take medicare and medicaid except in county clinic. And they are full of illegal aliens. As is emergency rooms. had to get a refill on my meds by going to ER.
My 21 year old grand-daughter is not on her fathers insurance because he is unemployed again. Her mother's pre-existing heart problem is covered by her insurance with a $3,000 deduction. Take ObamacCare to the out house with you.

Yeah that's because Medicare doesnt pay their claims.....MDs HATE Medicare....get the government out of insurance......

thank you

I already had it, because I have a job and am not a lazy piece of shit....Also Americans are FORCED to have it......go to a prison and see if you like to be FORCED to take it.....who knows, you'll probably love it.

I am not a LPS either. I worked for over 50 years and paid for my social security and Medicare plus some and cannot find a doctor. Ian sequestration cuts is going to take most of that away

Biggest mistake the woman of color ever made was voting for Obama. He lied by deception but at least Republicans have no problem telling me how they really feel about me. Which is no feelings at all for me

Biggest mistake the woman of color ever made was voting for Obama. He lied by deception but at least Republicans have no problem telling me how they really feel about me. Which is no feelings at all for me

Well I agree with your deception, liberals cant tell you what they really want to do. Conservatives know we cant payout government benefits like we do....it's not a matter of caring, it's a matter of money.
Anyone with kids knows this, they may want a a playstation3, just because you dont get it for them or get them a used Playstation 2, it doesnt mean you dont care, you just got them what you can afford.

Conservatives are telling you that it has to be altered and if you dont do it now, you will later and it will be worse....simple money....money isnt infinite, so you have to budget it, and right now we dont, the democrats in the senate still havent passed a budget, not in 4+ years....wtf????

handjob.gif

Gee.....I can't imagine why!!

"Back in 2003, when the so-called Medicare Modernization Act was being debated in Congress, we warned that this latest round of Medicare privatization contained severe flaws that would hurt consumers and taxpayers while lining the pockets of special interests. With nearly two years of hindsight, we can safely say we were right: The MMA has been a major disappointment for consumers and taxpayers, but a windfall for private insurance and drug companies.

We've laid out the extent of the MMA's failures in a new report: Medicare Privatization: Windfall for the Special Interests. The report chronicles the failures of the MMA in three key areas: Medicare Advantage overpayments, subsidies to regional PPOs, and drug prices.

Among the key findings:

Under the MMA, Medicare has been significantly overpaying private plans under Medicare Advantage. In 2005, Medicare overpaid private plans by at least 7% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $2.7 billion. In 2006, overpayment reached 11% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $4.6 billion.

Under the MMA, Congress set aside $10 billion for an unnecessary subsidy (or "stabilization fund") to regional PPOs. This year, however, 88% of beneficiaries have access to a regional PPO, before the so-called "stabilization fund" was even tapped--no subsidy was necessary.

Medicare Part D drug prices are substantially higher than the prices obtained by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which negotiates prices on behalf of consumers. For all of the top 20 drugs prescribed to seniors, the lowest price charged by any Part D plan was higher than the lowest price secured by the VA. Yet Congress refused to let Medicare negotiate directly with the drug companies, as the VA does.

Bottom line: this report shows that, unfortunately for consumers and taxpayers, the MMA has not even come close to meeting the high expectations set for it by Congress. Consumers are getting hurt and taxpayers fleeced, while insurance companies and drug manufacturers are raking in money faster than they can count it. Congress needs to move away from this deeply flawed privatization model, and instead focus on strengthening Medicare.

Get off your ass, and....

3661_10150938989762749_1803985978_n.jpg

Last edited:
But no thanks to Obamacare much of the private insurance insured are seeing their rates SKYROCKET due to Obamacare's stupidity!

Yeah....right.....

"Insurance companies and their sock puppets in Congress see an efficient government competitor as a deadly threat. Why? Because their idea of coping with losses (on their investments) is to just raise prices for the customers they have left."

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid fuckin' Teabaggers

I know that a few of my friends are pissed off. They truly thought that they were going to get everything for free and now they are bitching because they are getting hit with a ‘tax’ that they cannot ‘afford.’

Its bullshit. Most of the people that supported this crap simply did so because they wanted to get something for free – aka – force someone else to pay for their benefits.

At least they still have doctors. Mine is gone. His practice was taken over by a physician's assistant from the county health department. She doesn't know anything and makes it up as she goes along. Her primary purpose is to make adjustments to patient records so that it doesn't look like she isn't doing her job.

New Topics

Forum List

Back