Americans going overseas for medical care

On the other hand Canadians who don't wish to wait months or even years for certain elective surgeries are flocking to the US. You win some you lose some.

You can make all the snide comments you want to my son. The fact is you people are dying needlessly. Your system is wrong and you know it. Your problem is that you do not have mental capacity to recognize and once it is explained to you you lack the intestinal fortitude to do anything about it.

Oh by the way my son. Your government pays for universal mediacre for your Iraqi frineds. How sad, how really sad.....................

On the other hand Canadians who don't wish to wait months or even years for certain elective surgeries are flocking to the US. You win some you lose some.

You can make all the snide comments you want to my son. The fact is you people are dying needlessly. Your system is wrong and you know it. Your problem is that you do not have mental capacity to recognize and once it is explained to you you lack the intestinal fortitude to do anything about it.

Oh by the way my son. Your government pays for universal mediacre for your Iraqi frineds. How sad, how really sad.....................

Ouch!

This issue is important to too many people to remain politicized. The thing that strikes me when we (the biblical we) start dialoguing on thorny issues such as healthcare solutions, is that how quickly nationalism, America is bad, and the effect of never-ending waves of propaganda and disinformation start to show up. It happens nearly 100% of the time.

I think I speak for a great number of people in America by saying that, for once, we would like to have public officials honestly address the fact the US medical expenses are rising disproportionately and have been doing so for some time. What model Canada has Switzerland has (which I wrote about in another string), is immaterial except as considerations around forming a solution/new framework. Every other aspect, in my humble opinion, is total bs and examples of how well-intentioned people have been manipulated by the media and other propagandists.

We need to avoid being foot soldiers of ideology. When we look at cost, let's, for example, look at the role of Washington, lawyers, doctors abusing their professional freedom, what is the balance between the cost of developing successful phamaceuticals and abusive profiteering.

Sorry to be so forceful about this, but...

Nope stupidity is the inability to learn. Fits to a greater or lesser degree every leftist I've ever known.

lets be fair Gary......there are a few stupid righties out there

Let me be VERY FAIR.

One hell of a LOT of honest conservatives WOKE UP when Bush II gave AIG money.

They'd been lied to and lied to and they accepted the myth that the conservtives would have balanced the budget if but ONLY the evil Dems would have let them just as long as they possibly could.

But when George Bush II had to save the CRONNY CAPITALIST MASTER CLASS from it's own excesses, from its own greed and corruption (which they did with the help of BOTH PARTIES) a LOT of honest conservatives began to suspect that they were being lied to by the people they trusted.

The more honest DEMS have had to go through the same WAKE UP CALL, that the REPBULICANS are now going through.

What a LOT of us are finally beginning the realize is that there is essantially no difference in the parties WHEN IT COMES TO ECONOMICS.

The differencews has mostly been about issues which the master class simply does not give a rat's ass about...homsexuality, guns control abortions and other such irrelevant issues to the commonweal, generally.

The SHEEP are waking up

Didn't Michael Moore show it to better effect in his movie? I thought all you Americans knew that medical treatment is so much cheaper abroad? Hell come to the UK, it's free.:lol:

I'd like to see some statistics on your bullshit about americans dying needlessly. Anyway, lets say for argument sake your clown ass is partitally right. I'd venture to say the ones "dying needlessly" aren't insured, while Canadians ( and other countries with socialized medicine ) that are "dying needlessly" HAVE COVERAGE. They say part of the reason Natasha Richardson died is because Montreal did not have a medical helicopter, which could have gotten her to the hospital hours sooner and likely saved her. Socialized medicine, it's sooper .........

a lot of well known people go overseas to get cosmetic surgery because they want it to be hush hush! The don't want the tabloids to print it.

I was in one of the best Hospitals in Germany and let me tell you this: I was admitted Friday morning, by Sat morning I was sicker than I was coming in. I lied to get the nurse to open the LOCKED ward so I can go have a cup of coffee. I never went back, IV still in, I called my husband to come get me ASAP.

BTW all wards are locked!

OH and in portugal I had a routine mamo done...after 4 months I was notified to see another doctor asap because that machine (mamomatic) was defective...my xrays were all black...I was told I got a heavy dose of radiation...5 years later thyroid problems, surgical removal of 1/2 of it.

I'd love to see the statistical evidence you have to support that claim.

I happen to live near the Eastern Maine Medical center, which is one of the largest and closest health care facilities to millions of Canadians.

To date there is no influx of Canadians visiting that place.

There ARE, however, plenty of Mainers who visit Canada to buy their drugs, get medical and dental treatments they cannot afford in America, too.

Odd that the facts are 180 degrees different that you have been informed of, isn't it, Gary D?

Perhaps, you ought to consider the possibly that you are being lied to.

Perhaps you ought to do some research to discover for yourself that you are being lied to, too.

Go ahead, amigo, try thinking for yourself and stop depending on radio hate jocks for your disinformation.

I dare ya'!

EDITECH,

I may have misjudged you. You seem to be a very broadmined and wise individual. Yes we do have our problems with Medicare but we dont go bankrupt when we get ill. Americans have been lied to about Canadian Medicare by the Insurance Industry mostly, and the hate jocks like Rush Limpdick.

I happen to live near the Eastern Maine Medical center, which is one of the largest and closest health care facilities to millions of Canadians.

There ARE, however, plenty of Mainers who visit Canada to buy their drugs, get medical and dental treatments they cannot afford in America, too.

Odd that the facts are 180 degrees different that you have been informed of, isn't it, Gary D?

Perhaps you ought to do some research to discover for yourself that you are being lied to, too.

Go ahead, amigo, try thinking for yourself and stop depending on radio hate jocks for your disinformation.

I dare ya'!

EDITECH,

I may have misjudged you. You seem to be a very broadmined and wise individual. Yes we do have our problems with Medicare but we dont go bankrupt when we get ill. Americans have been lied to about Canadian Medicare by the Insurance Industry mostly, and the hate jocks like Rush Limpdick.

Yukon....does your head look like the Canadians on South Park?......

I dare ya'!

EDITECH,

Yukon....does your head look like the Canadians on South Park?......

That's not nice, friend....

I'm not your friend, guy......

I'm not your guy, pal.....

I'm not your pal, buddy......

I dare ya'!
well, who the hell would go to Bangor, ME anyway ;)

I dare ya'!

Is that a question ?

I'd like to see some statistics on your bullshit about americans dying needlessly. Anyway, lets say for argument sake your clown ass is partitally right. I'd venture to say the ones "dying needlessly" aren't insured, while Canadians ( and other countries with socialized medicine ) that are "dying needlessly" HAVE COVERAGE. They say part of the reason Natasha Richardson died is because Montreal did not have a medical helicopter, which could have gotten her to the hospital hours sooner and likely saved her. Socialized medicine, it's sooper .........

are you still beating that bullshit drum?

richardson died due to refusing medical treatment..when the emergency workers arrived and advised her to go to the hospital or a doctor..she did what...she refused...

has fucking zero to do with the health care system of canada....has a lot more to do with not accept medical advice...how many times must we go over this?

I dare ya'!

Is that a question ?
ah, so your going to troll/stalker level

Forum List

Back