Americans Getting Real Pissed Off...

This quote pretty much sums it up...

"As a Democrat and as a woman, I am disappointed in him," said poll respondent Melissa Riner, a 42-year-old law clerk from Mesa, Ariz. Referring to the oil spill, Ms. Riner added, "I don't think he's handling it. He doesn't seem to be doing anything. He just talks."

Confidence Waning in Obama, U.S. Outlook - WSJ.com

Yeah....that's what's needed....input from a law clerk....regarding an engineering-issue.

:rolleyes:

She was commenting as to her opinion as to the job he is doing, not the intricacies of engineering... what a moonbat you are.

these ahole want to side with liberal tools questioning the rebuilding of the barrier island. The ahole on msnbc admitting to knowing little about the issue and barely reading up on it. They worry about a hypotheticle problem while as Jhindal say's we have real oil washing up.
Yes gimmy gridlock, but not complete control by the jesus freak morons.

You gotta love all these LOSER Democrat Supporters in here saying things like.

"What is he suppose to do bite the leak closed?" or "Obama is just one man he cant stop the leak alone"

His job is not to stop the leak MORONS. His job is to effectively and in a timely matter coordinate and lead the Clean up and containment of the spill, and it is on that front that he has been a horrible failure so far. In many cases doing more to stand in the way than to help, and taking far to much time to make decisions.

From Day one Obama has been focused like a laser beam, Not on stopping the leak, or cleaning it up, But on assigning blame and Pushing Cap and Trade. He is getting well deserved critism for it, and no amount of circling the wagons by you Liberals in here will change the facts.

The American people see Obama's response to this crisis and very very poor, and are beginning question his ability to lead at all. How ever feel free to just keep blindly defending him and attacking anyone who questions him. It will help us Defeat him and the Dems in congress in the next 2 elections, and Hopefully get some real conservatives in power. Democrat or Republican matters not to me. If they believe in limited Government power and fiscal Responsibility. Ill vote for em in a NY min, But Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, have got to go.

You gotta love all these LOSER Democrat Supporters in here saying things like.

"What is he suppose to do bite the leak closed?" or "Obama is just one man he cant stop the leak alone"

His job is not to stop the leak MORONS. His job is to effectively and in a timely matter coordinate and lead the Clean up and containment of the spill, and it is on that front that he has been a horrible failure so far. In many cases doing more to stand in the way than to help, and taking far to much time to make decisions.

From Day one Obama has been focused like a laser beam, Not on stopping the leak, or cleaning it up, But on assigning blame and Pushing Cap and Trade. He is getting well deserved critism for it, and no amount of circling the wagons by you Liberals in here will change the facts.

The American people see Obama's response to this crisis and very very poor, and are beginning question his ability to lead at all. How ever feel free to just keep blindly defending him and attacking anyone who questions him. It will help us Defeat him and the Dems in congress in the next 2 elections, and Hopefully get some real conservatives in power. Democrat or Republican matters not to me. If they believe in limited Government power and fiscal Responsibility. Ill vote for em in a NY min, But Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, have got to go.

I laughed a couple of weeks ago when someone said "Obama is busy trying to find a solution to the leak".

Is he an engineer? Do people really believe that he has the capacity to determine who the best men and women are to come up with a solution? Do people really believe that BP does not have a better idea of who would be the best men and women to find the solution?
Do people truly believe that BP is sacrificing millions of dollars a day in revenue and many millions more in prtential law suits becuase they are more wrapped up in finding the least expensive way to stop the leak and ignoring obvious solutions that may be too expensive?

Do people truly believe it is the role of the president to find solutions to any disaster? It is the role of the Presdient to be the leader. Nothing more. THE LEADER. The voice to the people. The communicator. Not the problem solver.

And I need to ask something as I am confused. What was the reason he gave as to why he wanted the off shore deep water drilling moratorium?

the reason he gave was saftey, I call that his excuse to push his left wing enviro nazi agenda. The commision he used didn't even suggest it.

the reason he gave was saftey, I call that his excuse to push his left wing enviro nazi agenda. The commision he used didn't even suggest it.

Safety? That is what I heard and I did not believe it.
Really? I assume he was referring to the 11 deaths that were cauysed by the incident?

Everytime I turn the news on I get a little more pissed off about the way our country seems to be going. Congress and the present administration are no help. As a matter of fact, there is a very large segment of the population that won't even help themselves. We need to change a lot of stuff quickly. If not, we are doomed.

If the morartoreum was applied for safety purposes then I must question....

During this administration we had a multitude of crane collapses throughout the country.

Why was there not a moratoreum on high rise construction until they reformed the guidlines for crane use?

I mean, those on the rigs out in the ocean are aware of the risk. People walking the streets of NY are not aware of the risks of a crane falling on top of them as they grab lunch at a local deli. Seems MORE are at risk of injury due to a crane collapse.

Nope. He did not do it out of concern of the workers on the rigs well being.

No way.

Where the fuck is the media?

we will get my beloved gridlock come NOV, when tools on both far right and left get thrown out.

With respect to the oil spill somebody needs to do something fast - hurricane season is here and if the Gulf gets a bad one and it gets that water churning up what is going to happen with all that oil - how much more damage will there be?

I just heard the moratoreum has been overturned by courts.
Heard WH inisted on appealing and requested a stay of court ruling while appeal was heard..
Stay has also been denied.

Anyone else hear about this?

Murkins are too stupid to vote.The ancient tradition of my granpappy was a republiscumbag or a DemoNcrap is bullshit.
Everyone in DC is against you.
You're nothing more than slaves of the corporatocracy and the band of criminals that they own to control you.

Until you start getting independent nobodies put in office you are fucked.
My opening sentence covered that.
You're fucked.

This quote pretty much sums it up...

"As a Democrat and as a woman, I am disappointed in him," said poll respondent Melissa Riner, a 42-year-old law clerk from Mesa, Ariz. Referring to the oil spill, Ms. Riner added, "I don't think he's handling it. He doesn't seem to be doing anything. He just talks."

His talk is shit, but plays a mean round of GOLF!!!!! He is our tuff Ass kicking Man -boy President
$Urkel[1] copy.jpg

With respect to the oil spill somebody needs to do something fast - hurricane season is here and if the Gulf gets a bad one and it gets that water churning up what is going to happen with all that oil - how much more damage will there be?
Don't sweat a little wind storm thingie.
Read this.

How the ultimate BP Gulf disaster could kill millions - by Terrence Aym - Helium

Methane is just natural gas bro. The Rig is suppose to be over it. LOL

New WSJ/NBC poll shows an electorate getting increasingly angry over the direction of the nation, and gearing up for a major ResetElection in November 2010...
____

Confidence Waning in Obama, U.S. Outlook

Americans are more pessimistic about the state of the country and less confident in President Barack Obama's leadership than at any point since Mr. Obama entered the White House, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

The survey also shows grave and growing concerns about the Gulf oil spill, with overwhelming majorities of adults favoring stronger regulation of the oil industry and believing that the spill will affect the nation's economy and environment.

Sixty-two percent of adults in the survey feel the country is on the wrong track, the highest level since before the 2008 election. Just one-third think the economy will get better over the next year, a 7-point drop from a month ago and the low point of Mr. Obama's tenure.

Amid anxiety over the nation's course, support for Mr. Obama and other incumbents is eroding. For the first time, more people disapprove of Mr. Obama's job performance than approve. And 57% of voters would prefer to elect a new person to Congress than re-elect their local representatives, the highest share in 18 years.

...Support for Mr. Obama and his party is declining among centrist, independent voters. But, more ominous for the president, some in his base also are souring, with 17% of Democrats disapproving of Mr. Obama's job performance, the highest level of his presidency.
_____

Presidential Confidence Polls are a lot of nonsense. If the President's actions are in line with the desires of the public then his numbers will be high otherwise they will be low. Bush's numbers were in the 70's after 9-11 because his policy was inline with what most Americans felt at the time, blow the SOB's off the face of the earth. Bush followed that policy and his poll numbers ended up in 20's because he believed he was right and everyone else was wrong.

I think Obama is like Bush in that he would rather do what he believes is right for the country rather than follow the will of the people.

Presidential Confidence Polls are a lot of nonsense. If the President's actions are in line with the desires of the public then his numbers will be high otherwise they will be low. Bush's numbers were in the 70's after 9-11 because his policy was inline with what most Americans felt at the time, blow the SOB's off the face of the earth. Bush followed that policy and his poll numbers ended up in 20's because he believed he was right and everyone else was wrong.

I think Obama is like Bush in that he would rather do what he believes is right for the country rather than follow the will of the people.

Interesting take. I think Obama was very naive when he took office; Completely un-accustomed to being unable to convince people of his convictions. He really believed this whole bi-partisan thing would work; After all, we ultimately strive for the same goals, right? It's the methods that differ. He underestimated both how wholly and completely he'd be rejected by the right (mostly for political reasons IMO) and deserted by the left for what they perceive as abandoning them.

Interesting take. I think Obama was very naive when he took office; Completely un-accustomed to being unable to convince people of his convictions. He really believed this whole bi-partisan thing would work; After all, we ultimately strive for the same goals, right? It's the methods that differ. He underestimated both how wholly and completely he'd be rejected by the right (mostly for political reasons IMO) and deserted by the left for what they perceive as abandoning them.
I agree.
I think Obama seems to be more of an idealist that a pragmatist. Unfortunately idealist are just not very effective presidents. JFK, Carter, and Wilson are good examples. However, their influence carries on long after they have left office but they were real duds when it came to getting legislation passed and managing the government. It's the pragmatists such LBJ and Roosevelt that get things done.

Occasionally we get a president such as Teddy Roosevelt or Lincoln that have the ideals and political skills to be a truly great president. I think it's too soon to make any judgement on Obama. Political polls tell us nothing about the capability of the president only their popularity.

Forum List

Back