Americans Getting Real Pissed Off...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    New WSJ/NBC poll shows an electorate getting increasingly angry over the direction of the nation, and gearing up for a major ResetElection in November 2010...
    ____

Confidence Waning in Obama, U.S. Outlook

Americans are more pessimistic about the state of the country and less confident in President Barack Obama's leadership than at any point since Mr. Obama entered the White House, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

The survey also shows grave and growing concerns about the Gulf oil spill, with overwhelming majorities of adults favoring stronger regulation of the oil industry and believing that the spill will affect the nation's economy and environment.

Sixty-two percent of adults in the survey feel the country is on the wrong track, the highest level since before the 2008 election. Just one-third think the economy will get better over the next year, a 7-point drop from a month ago and the low point of Mr. Obama's tenure.

Amid anxiety over the nation's course, support for Mr. Obama and other incumbents is eroding. For the first time, more people disapprove of Mr. Obama's job performance than approve. And 57% of voters would prefer to elect a new person to Congress than re-elect their local representatives, the highest share in 18 years.

...Support for Mr. Obama and his party is declining among centrist, independent voters. But, more ominous for the president, some in his base also are souring, with 17% of Democrats disapproving of Mr. Obama's job performance, the highest level of his presidency.
    _____

Confidence Waning in Obama, U.S. Outlook - WSJ.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Yep that will fix everything.

3. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    This quote pretty much sums it up...

"As a Democrat and as a woman, I am disappointed in him," said poll respondent Melissa Riner, a 42-year-old law clerk from Mesa, Ariz. Referring to the oil spill, Ms. Riner added, "I don't think he's handling it. He doesn't seem to be doing anything. He just talks."

Confidence Waning in Obama, U.S. Outlook - WSJ.com

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    The oil spill? Obama?

I guess he will have to swim down there and just bite the pipe shut.

5. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    I know this American is getting pissed :evil:

Hell, I've been pissed!

6. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,651
    No, we are supposed to pray it shut.

7. PixieStix

PixieStix Coal Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    The Americans that are not, are living in a fantasy world. Most people I talk to are really angry. No poltical affiliation ever mentioned

8. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    ___

Agreed - the economy continues to remain stagnant - particularly in regards to real job creation. More and more business leaders are crying foul over the Obama administration's seeming war on American business.

As for the oil spill, the overwhelming feedback has been that while he could do little for the leak, Obama's week after week indifference regarding the cleanup effort has really struck a nerve with folks, and as the oil continues to spread and wash up on the shores, this perception is getting even worse. Obama wines n dines, golfs, fundraises, but so little actual effort in protecting the shoreline. And when his Oval Office speech consisted of a strong plea for passage of a climate bill, well, that even left some environmentalists shaking their head at the overt politicization of a national emergency - one of the primary faults they complained about Bush Jr and the War on Terror.

Obama is not only getting "on the job training" but he appears to lack the interest, or the intellectual capacity - to fully comprehend this training, and America is suffering terribly because of it...

9. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,150

WTF---You elected him---:lol::lol:

How's all that Hopey and Changey workin for ya?

10. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,075
    As per the OP, I look forward to Republican ideas to increase regulation of the oil industry.