Americans for Prosperity anti-Obamacare ad debunked

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
quelle surprise!!! :doubt: AFP &, by extension- the GOP, got pwn3d :rofl:

Update: Julia Boonstra?s claim her Obamacare plan is unaffordable gets downgraded to Three Pinocchios
Take a close look at the subtle difference in the language of these two ads sponsored by the pro-GOP group Americans for Prosperity. The first ad claimed the out-of-pocket costs were so high that “it’s unaffordable.” When that line was questioned—and Democrats demanded proof be given to television stations running the ad—the issue became much fuzzier. Suddenly, it became “a plan that doesn’t work for me.” That is much more subjective and harder to fact check.

We originally awarded the Boonstra ad Two Pinocchios, pending new information. We are now ready to update the ruling, having given AFP ample time to document its claims.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ormed-cancer-patients-or-hungry-children.html

I was asking USMB members which works better for them. Uninformed cancer patients or working to keep poor children "hungry" for their political cause.

I thought it was pretty awful that I found one article detailing how much Republicans spend on free lunches and bottled water.

I'm trying to figure out how they keep a woman like that ignorant. Worse, she refuses to believe she could save money.

It gets better :D From the OP:

In an interview with the Dexter Leader responding to our column, Boonstra said: “People are asking me for the numbers and I don’t know those answers — that’s the heartbreak of all of this. It’s the uncertainty of not having those numbers that I have an issue with.”

On March 10, however, the Detroit News reported that Boonstra admitted that she had Premier Gold plan. That has an out-of-pocket cap of $5,100 a year.

In other words, her old plan cost $13,200 a year—before co-pays and other out-of-pocket expenses. The new plan is $11,952—including co-pays and out of pocket expenses. That’s a savings of more than $1,200 a year

:rofl:

Gasland I and Gasland II have both been summarily debunked, yet they are still cited as gospel by the stupid as fuck Liberals and environmentalists. Small world huh?

Thats odd :eusa_eh: I thought my OP was about a conservative front group lying about O'care? :eusa_think:

Yeah yeah, all you liberals are such goose stepping in lockstep with THE PARTY as with the Lamestream media who is in the Democrats back pocket

Everyone is lying about OscamCare

I find it sick to take a party over your fellow countrymen and women

But that seems to be where we are in this day age, so expect Government to be on your necks with the liberals having their backs

Last edited:
Yeah yeah, all you liberals are such goose stepping in lockstep with THE PARTY as with the Lamestream media who is in the Democrats back pocket

Everyone is lying about OscamCare

I find it sick to take a party over your fellow countrymen and women

But that seems to be where we are in this day age, so expect Government to be on your necks with the liberals having their backs

Very few of you have even the slightest amount of real knowledge when it comes to the ACA other than what you have heard, and both sides seem to believe everything in lockstep that agrees with their own preconceived notions. The notion that Obamacare is some horrible thing that is going to end this country as we know it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The vast majority of plans are very good plans and most are affordable. The one group that is getting hit hard though, is older Americans who not yet eligible for Medicare and unable to receive a subsidy due to making more than 400% of the poverty level. Now, if they are making really good money, then they can absorb the higher cost, although it's still not really right in my mind. But for those who are just barely over that 400% of poverty level, the cost of the insurance is pretty much out of reach, especially if they are going to get hit with out of pocket expenses. I've seen some instances where the cost of the insurance along with the maximum out of pocket is above 35% of their income.

What is so disturbing about all of this is that instead of concentrating on the problems with the ACA, we are in a constant argument about how horrible it is versus how great it is. I am self-employed so I have to purchase my own insurance, and I actually know the real cost because I pay for all of it myself, and I have health issues that I need to stay on top of, so I know how it all works.

It really is scary that we have so many people on both sides who blindly believe what one stupid group or another tells them, and that so many people can be duped into believing just about anything.

Obamacare: Many top cancer hospitals off-limits for newly insured | WJLA.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - Cancer patients relieved that they can get insurance coverage because of the new health care law may be disappointed to learn that some the nation's best cancer hospitals are off-limits.

An Associated Press survey found examples coast to coast. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is excluded by five out of eight insurers in Washington state's insurance exchange. MD Anderson Cancer Center says it's in less than half of the plans in the Houston area. Memorial Sloan-Kettering is included by two of nine insurers in New York City and has out-of-network agreements with two more.

Doctors and administrators say they're concerned. So are some state insurance regulators.
In all, only four of 19 nationally recognized comprehensive cancer centers that responded to AP's survey said patients have access through all the insurance companies in their state exchange.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Cancer patients relieved that they can get insurance coverage because of the new health care law may be disappointed to learn that some the nation's best cancer hospitals are off-limits.

An Associated Press survey found examples coast to coast. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is excluded by five out of eight insurers in Washington state's insurance exchange. MD Anderson Cancer Center says it's in less than half of the plans in the Houston area. Memorial Sloan-Kettering is included by two of nine insurers in New York City and has out-of-network agreements with two more.

Doctors and administrators say they're concerned. So are some state insurance regulators.
In all, only four of 19 nationally recognized comprehensive cancer centers that responded to AP's survey said patients have access through all the insurance companies in their state exchange.

From what I have seen, almost every state has at least one company that covers all the top cancer centers, but not every plan does. Many plans being offered are good plans but they do not offer the gold treatment. That is why some plans cost less than others. The more expensive plans cover everything. I had about eight or nine different companies to choose a plan from. I chose one of the big name companies, because only two or three of them offered coverage out of network. Many of the plans offer no coverage at all out of network. Of course, those plans are a bit cheaper. It's important, when choosing a plan, to know all these things.

From what I have seen, almost every state has at least one company that covers all the top cancer centers, but not every plan does. Many plans being offered are good plans but they do not offer the gold treatment. That is why some plans cost less than others. The more expensive plans cover everything. I had about eight or nine different companies to choose a plan from. I chose one of the big name companies, because only two or three of them offered coverage out of network. Many of the plans offer no coverage at all out of network. Of course, those plans are a bit cheaper. It's important, when choosing a plan, to know all these things.

you are correct. All people need to do is the same thing they did before- compare plans & select the one that has the features they think they might utilize.

Forum List

Back