Americans for a multi-party democracy

the solution to the 2 party lock is LOCAL election reforms
make it require 50% +1 to win ANY election
no need to touch the electoral college at all
other than require that state allot the EC votes by congressional district and not have them go lump sum to the winner of the state (like both Maine and Nebraska do)
and this again, is a LOCAL issue, not federal

Illegal, a power the Federal Government does not have. States have the right and power to determine their own method of allotting electoral votes. It is in the Constitution. The chances you would get an amendment to change THAT is remote.

the solution to the 2 party lock is LOCAL election reforms
make it require 50% +1 to win ANY election
no need to touch the electoral college at all
other than require that state allot the EC votes by congressional district and not have them go lump sum to the winner of the state (like both Maine and Nebraska do)
and this again, is a LOCAL issue, not federal

IMO you are correct, it all starts locally. It's also where the citizen has the most impact. In Illinois, both parties are so corrupt, cynical, and self-serving that it's considered the norm.

RetiredGySgt said:
Illegal, a power the Federal Government does not have. States have the right and power to determine their own method of allotting electoral votes. It is in the Constitution. The chances you would get an amendment to change THAT is remote.

This too is correct. Each state sets it's own voting requirements and electoral rules. The point of DC though is that it's the most likely venue to have impact on. Certainly more difficult in big city states, where one party tends to have control, while often the opposition party controls the outside suburban/rural areas.

You are aware a TRUE democracy with one vote per person on EVERY issue, bill or utterance from Government only works in small groups or where those with the vote are strictly controlled and kept a small group?

Hence my suggestion that:

this tecnology really does give us the means to create a much more democratic system than the representaational form of government

You see those words that preceded the phrase "democratic system"?

I put them there for a purpose, champ.

And since you clearly have difficulty understand the logic of the written word, I'll explain my purpose for using those modifiers, too.

Writing the term "much more democratic system" implies one which, while not a pure democratic system, is much more democratic than the representation form of government we have right now.

Clear?

uh, did you miss that LAST LINE

no shit its not a federal issue, thats why i stated so in the last line

:eusa_wall:

Americans are too lazy to research two parties and their candidates.. what makes anyone think that more parties would be better.. More parties actually lead to more dissatisfied people...

Hence my suggestion that:

You see those words that preceded the phrase "democratic system"?

I put them there for a purpose, champ.

And since you clearly have difficulty understand the logic of the written word, I'll explain my purpose for using those modifiers, too.

Writing the term "much more democratic system" implies one which, while not a pure democratic system, is much more democratic than the representation form of government we have right now.

Clear?

Sure thing, and HOW pray tell does that work? Or is this some utopia you have dreamed up? I understand quit well what you are saying and you spinning it does not change it.

The Electoral college rules. Win 51% of the vote in 11 key states (maybe 12) and you become president. Even if your oponent wins 49% of the vote in those states - and 100% in all the others. Viva la democracy!

The Electoral college rules. Win 51% of the vote in 11 key states (maybe 12) and you become president. Even if your oponent wins 49% of the vote in those states - and 100% in all the others. Viva la democracy!

Not to mention the electoral colleges completely ignore other parties ... and our votes ... well you see where I am going ....

any Americans for a multi-party democracy here?
Anyone want more than two choices for the rest of their lives?

Start voting for Libertarians locally if you are serious. If you can't get a grass roots movement going, why are you talking shit?

Those other parties suck. I like parts of them, but none so much that they make me want to throw my vote away.

If the libertarians had more of a heart and understood we are all in this together, then maybe I would like what they say, but they don't. Every man for himself if you are a libertarian.

And Bob Barr is the nominee. EW!! He creeps me out big time. He went after Clinton and had a mistress himself. Fuck Bob Barr.

Interesting ideas here.

I feel that a multi-party system would be beneficial to our nation. If no one party had a majority of votes in Congress, it would force the parties to work together for more compromise. Also. sociological studies show that groups work more effectively when they are diverse.

RetiredGySgt, what is your take on why the EC makes our system more stable?

Forum List

Back