Americans' Favorable Views of Mexico Highest Since 2006

I wonder exactly who they're polling and exactly what question was asked and how it was framed. (I don't trust polls).
I live about 3 miles from the BOTA port of entry (El Paso to Juarez) and I won't cross that border unless under armed guard. El Paso is primarily Hispanic and deep blue politically and the American Hispanics in this area do not look favorably on Mexicans even though that's where most of their ancestors came from. Heck most none Mexican Hispanics view Mexicans as the lowest end of Latin American peoples.
Personally while I won't go into Mexico or at least won't go into Juarez (too dangerous) most Mexicans I meet here are nice people, helpful and friendly but they tend to be more the Mexicans with money. We see quite a few Chihuahua license plates here, quite a few.
Chihuahua is the Mexican State that Juarez is in, it's also the name of the desert here.

I wonder exactly who they're polling and exactly what question was asked and how it was framed. (I don't trust polls).
I live about 3 miles from the BOTA port of entry (El Paso to Juarez) and I won't cross that border unless under armed guard. El Paso is primarily Hispanic and deep blue politically and the American Hispanics in this area do not look favorably on Mexicans even though that's where most of their ancestors came from. Heck most none Mexican Hispanics view Mexicans as the lowest end of Latin American peoples.
Personally while I won't go into Mexico or at least won't go into Juarez (too dangerous) most Mexicans I meet here are nice people, helpful and friendly but they tend to be more the Mexicans with money. We see quite a few Chihuahua license plates here, quite a few.
Chihuahua is the Mexican State that Juarez is in, it's also the name of the desert here.

when they get a 64% approval from Gallup of all polls, that's no sampling error

also, your anecdote may or may not be accurate, I have no idea

lastly, I live in the most populous state in America with zillions of Mexicans yet everywhere I've been they love em (except Mexican gang members of course, also black and white ones).

scapegoating other peoples' ethnicity, race or religion only makes matters worse

And yet they all want to move to Canada when someone like President Trump comes along.

really?

how many have moved

None that I know about, which speaks volumes. Rich, liberal celebrities would apparently rather live under "literally Hitler" than move to Canada or Mexico.

wrong again pilgrim, liberals are staying right where they are and organizing like crazy as I post

good luck with President Pence until the Dems retake both houses and kick him to the curb

And yet they all want to move to Canada when someone like President Trump comes along.

really?

how many have moved

None that I know about, which speaks volumes. Rich, liberal celebrities would apparently rather live under "literally Hitler" than move to Canada or Mexico.

wrong again pilgrim, liberals are staying right where they are and organizing like crazy as I post

good luck with President Pence until the Dems retake both houses and kick him to the curb
"Hillary will win by a landslide"
"Trump will not even get 220"

lol...

lastly, I live in the most populous state in America with zillions of Mexicans yet everywhere I've been they love em (except Mexican gang members of course, also black and white ones).

scapegoating other peoples' ethnicity, race or religion only makes matters worse

We agree on that but a lot of peoples views depend on where they live, my anecdote is unfortunately accurate even in other areas of the US and Latin America, maybe not in California (which is were I'm assuming you live).
I trust Gallup more than I trust politicians which is say still not much. Because the polling questions are so vague with little to no nuance the results are typically of a generalized, non specific nature which is one reason I don't trust polls.

really?

how many have moved

lol...
Hillary had nearly 3 million more votes than Adolph. It`s hard to say how big the landslide would have been if he didn`t get help from Comey, Putin and Assange.

really?

how many have moved

lol...

We agree on that but a lot of peoples views depend on where they live, my anecdote is unfortunately accurate even in other areas of the US and Latin America, maybe not in California (which is were I'm assuming you live).
I trust Gallup more than I trust politicians which is say still not much. Because the polling questions are so vague with little to no nuance the results are typically of a generalized, not specific nature which is one reason I don't trust polls.
Why not just say they are biased like I do?

really?

how many have moved

lol...
Hillary had nearly 3 million more votes than Adolph. It`s hard to say how big the landslide would have been if he didn`t get help from Comey, Putin and Assange.

really?

how many have moved

lol...

Fantasy is not a good place to be.

I trust Gallup more than I trust politicians which is say still not much. Because the polling questions are so vague with little to no nuance the results are typically of a generalized, non specific nature which is one reason I don't trust polls.

I dug into the the poll on their site, didn't see the actual questions, but this is a simple approval/disapproval question so it can't be that nuanced

btw we have negative Mexican immigration, more are leaving than coming in

we have a problem with Central American refugees form extremely violent nations

and Mexico's southern border is where it all begins.....if they make it to our border after that hellish journey, then ICE needs to make a decision like it's been for years

I trust Gallup more than I trust politicians which is say still not much. Because the polling questions are so vague with little to no nuance the results are typically of a generalized, not specific nature which is one reason I don't trust polls.
Why not just say they are biased like I do?
Everyone's biased to one degree or another, Gallup is one of the least biased. It's not bias that I'm referring to, it's actually the polling business that I see as basically flawed in that they have to ask generalized questions in order to come up with relatively quick results. More detailed/specific questions would provide a more accurate picture but most Americans won't take the time to respond.

Not to get the subject off track, but have you been to Mexicali? I've heard that's supposed to be a pretty nice city and fairly safe by comparison.

I dug into the the poll on their site, didn't see the actual questions, but this is a simple approval/disapproval question so it can't be that nuanced

and Mexico's southern border is where it all begins.....if they make it to our border after that hellish journey, then ICE needs to make a decision like it's been for years
That's one of the problems I also have with polls, they don't include the actual question(s) asked in their sampling results documentation. I'm a nuanced type of person, I don't see "yes or no, black or white".

Not to get the subject off track, but have you been to Mexicali? I've heard that's supposed to be a pretty nice city and fairly safe by comparison.
Nope, never been to Mexicali but we've only been down here a couple of years now.

That's one of the problems I also have with polls, they don't include the actual question(s) asked in their sampling results documentation. I'm a nuanced type of person, I don't see "yes or no, black or white".

I don't either but I also don't automatically discount a yes/no question

if it's notoriously pathetic poll like Razzy for example, then the question or answer never matters

Nope, never been to Mexicali but we've only been down here a couple of years now.

I should mention I sold my Kimber .45 to a fella south of Dallas who drinks alot and visits El Paso regularly

you've been warned

New Topics

Forum List

Back